PRO: The Titans traded up to select Dane Cruikshank with the 152nd overall pick in the fifth round of the 2018 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-1 inch, 209-pound defender possesses above average size and speed for a defensive back, and was coveted for his versatility, having played safety, and both inside and outside cornerback at Arizona. Cruikshank established himself as a core special teams contributor in Tennessee after notching 18 special teams stops in his first two seasons, including a career-high 10 in 2019, blocking one extra point and one field goal, and catching a touchdown pass on a fake punt from 2018-19.
• From 2018-19, Cruikshank's 18 total special teams tackles ranked second on the squad.
• In 2019, Cruikshank totaled a career-high 10 special teams tackles, which ranked second on the team, and blocked one extra point and one field goal.
• In 2018, scored his first career touchdown with a 66-yard reception on a fake punt against Houston (9/16) and was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
• Cruikshank credits his grandparents and his mother for his success in life. "My grandparents have provided for their whole family, and they've helped everyone in the family be successful at whatever they choose to do. My mom, (Beverley Jackson, a hair stylist) she's been able to raise her kids by working hard and never taking days off. She loves us and gives us everything we need."
• Growing up a Southern California fan, his most memorable college football moment was playing the Trojans in the Coliseum. Cruikshank posted 10 tackles and one interception in the contest.
• Cruikshank's nickname is 'Smoove.' He wore jersey No. 2 in high school, earning the nickname '2 Smoove,' which was then shortened to Smoove.
• He lists owning his own business as a goal on his bucket list. He would one day like to open his own training facility.
• The Chino Hills, Calif., native was selected by the Titans in the fifth round (152nd overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.
• During a two-year career at Arizona, he started all 25 games at 'spur' safety and cornerback. Cruikshank recorded 135 tackles, 1.5 sacks, seven tackles for loss, 17 passes defensed, one forced fumble and intercepted five passes for 68 yards.
• Prior to Arizona, he played two seasons at Citrus College.
• As a senior (2017), started all 13 games after switching to spur safety from cornerback. Ranked fifth on the team with 75 tackles. Also posted 1.5 sacks, 5.5 tackles for loss, eight passes defensed, one forced fumble and three interceptions for 65 yards as a Wildcat. Voted as a team captain by his teammates.
• As a redshirt junior (2016), started all 13 games at cornerback in his first season at Arizona and finished fourth on the team in tackles with 60. Tied for the team lead with a pair of interceptions. Also tallied 1.5 tackles for loss and nine passes defensed.
• As a junior (2015), redshirted after transferring to Arizona.
• As a sophomore (2014), saw action in 10 games as an Owl and notched 45 tackles, a tackle for loss, four passes defensed and one interception for 29 yards. Named first-team all-state.
• As a freshman (2013), appeared in all 11 games for Citrus College and posted five tackles and one forced fumble. Caught four passes for 147 yards and one touchdown, and added five kick returns for 103 yards.
• Graduated in May 2017 from Arizona with a degree in general studies.
• Attended Ayala (Chino Hills, Calif.), High School where he played cornerback, safety, wide receiver, running back and return specialist.
• Also ran track as a high school athlete.
• List of favorites: (TV show) "Power"; (movies) "Friday," "Black Panther" and "Avengers: Infinity War"; (musician or band) Meek Mill, Drake, Migos and YoungBoy; (food) seafood; (childhood sports team) Los Angeles Lakers; and (guilty pleasure) peach cobbler or sour candy.
• He has three siblings, two older sisters and one younger brother.
• Follow Cruikshank on Twitter and Instagram at @Dane2Smoove.
• Born Dane Ashton Cruikshank on April 27, 1995 in Los Angeles, Calif.
Dane Cruikshank Intercepts Ben Roethlisberger Pass vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
Tennessee Titans defensive back Dane Cruikshank intercepts a pass from Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.
Dane Cruikshank Comes Through with Clutch Fourth-Down PBU vs. Andrews
Tennessee Titans defensive back Dane Cruikshank breaks up a pass from Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Every Team's Best Play | 2019 Season
Check out every team's best play from the 2019 NFL season.
Every Team's Best Play | Week 13
Check out every team's best play from Week 13 of the 2019 NFL season.
Dane Cruikshank on Blocked FG: I Timed It Down and Was Able to Jump It
Titans DB Dane Cruikshank speaks with reporters following Sunday's 31-17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in Week 13 at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Can't-Miss Play: Titans' Blocked FG Turns Into Go-Ahead 63-yard TD
Can't-Miss Play: Tennessee Titans' blocked field goal turns into go-ahead 63-yard touchdown.
How Does Dane Cruikshank Rank in Madden, Fortnite & CoD? | Behind the Flame
Get to know second-year safety Dane Cruikshank in this week's edition of 'Behind the Flame.'
Top 10 Trick Plays of 2018 NFL Season
The Eagles kicked things off with a "Philly Special" redux in Week 1-- see which other trick plays made cut for 10 best in 2018.
Most Satisfying Plays of Week 2
From Jacksonville Jaguars Keelan Cole's grab to the Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousin's touchdown pass, there were plenty of Satisfying plays in week 2. Check 'em out.
Best Play from Every NFL Team in Week 2 of 2018 Season
Check out the best play from all 32 teams in Week 2 of the 2018 NFL season.
Titans Rookie Dane Cruikshank Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week
Titans rookie Dane Cruikshank has been named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance in Week 2.
A Duck to a Dandy: Safety Kevin Byard Delivers Strike on Fake Punt in Titans Win
On center stage, Titans safety Kevin Byard took the snap, and lobbed a beautiful left-handed pass to Dane Cruikshank for the play of the day in Sunday's win over the Texans.
Observations from Wednesday's Titans OTA
The Titans were on the field Wednesday for their fifth day of organized team activities. Here's a look at what stood out.
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
TitansOnline.com Senior Writer and Editor Jim Wyatt tackles your questions in his latest installment of "Ask Jim."
Titans Open Door for Talented Undrafted Free Agents
The Titans' biggest undrafted free-agent class in over a decade features quality as well as quantity. A small draft class means they may have more opportunity to make the NFL roster.
Five Things to Watch as Titans Kick Off OTAs
The Titans kick off organized team activities this week at Saint Thomas Sports Park. Here's a look at five things to watch.
Titans HC Mike Vrabel: Mistakes Can Be Teachable Moments
Mike Vrabel developed into one of the NFL's top linebackers during his playing career, but it took some time. As head coach of the Titans, Vrabel vows to have patience with his own players in his first season. But he also expects them to "know what to do."
Titans' Late-Round Picks Familiar with Underdog Role
Titans general manager Jon Robinson has shown a penchant for picking players who've already overcome adversity. He's found two more in defensive back Dane Cruikshank and quarterback Luke Falk.
Rookie Dane Cruikshank Adjusting to NFL, "Big" Playbook
Titans rookie defensive back Dane Cruikshank said getting fitted for his first NFL helmet, and new uniform, was a dream come true. But now comes the serious part: Getting familiar with a mammoth playbook, along with his new teammates and coaches.
Titans Agree to Terms with 1st Round Pick Rashaan Evans
The Titans have agreed to terms with linebacker Rashaan Evans, the team's first-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
Draft Picks Evans, Landry Aim to Set Tone with Titans
In time, the Titans hope linebackers Rashaan Evans and Harold Landry will be a disruptive duo on fields across the NFL, including Nissan Stadium. In the meantime, they want to establish themselves around fellow rookies, and veterans.
Athletic Harold Landry Learning a New Kind of Flexibility
The Titans' second-round draft pick has already shown he can rip-and-dip with the best of them. But new challenges await the outside linebacker on the NFL level.
Five Things that Stood Out from Titans Rookie Camp
The Titans rookies hit the field on Saturday for the second day of the team's rookie minicamp. Here's a look at five things that stood out.
Titans Reach Deals with Draft Picks Cruikshank, Falk
The Titans have agreed to terms with two members of their 2018 draft class – safety Dane Cruikshank and quarterback Luke Falk.
Busy Titans CB Adoree' Jackson Ready for Bigger Things
Adoree' Jackson led the Titans with 1,260 snaps in 2017 - playing on defense, special teams and even lining up on offense occasionally. Heading into this offseason, Jackson set his mind on getting geared up mentally and physically for Year 2. He hopes to take his game to another level.
Titans QB Marcus Mariota Talks Draft, WRs, Minicamp
Quarterback Marcus Mariota spent Monday on the Titans Caravan. During a break from signing autographs for fans, he talked some football.
How Did Titans Grade Out in NFL Draft?
The draft grades are rolling on for the 2018 NFL Draft. Titans Online took a tour of some of the report cards.
Titans' Trader Jon Robinson Finds That Persistence Pays Off
Titans GM Jon Robinson knocked on plenty of doors before finding partners for three significant draft-day deals. His aggressiveness landed Titans targets and kept them from falling into the hands of rivals.
Titans Select Washington State QB Luke Falk in 6th Round
The Titans selected Washington State quarterback Luke Falk in the sixth round of NFL Draft on Saturday.
Titans DB Dane Cruikshank's 2019 Season
Titans Online looks back at defensive back Dane Cruikshank's 2019 season. (Photos: Donald Page)
Defensive Backs Visit Patients at Saint Thomas West Hospital
Titans defensive backs Dane Cruikshank, Adoree' Jackson, Logan Ryan and Kenny Vaccaro visited orthopedic and heart patients Tuesday morning at Saint Thomas West Hospital. (Photos: Lynne McCracken)
Day 7 of 2019 Titans Caravan: Nashville, Brentwood
Dane Cruikshank and Rashaan Evans headlined Day 7 of the 2019 Academy Sports + Outdoors Titans Caravan in Nashville and Brentwood, Tenn. (Photos: Susanna Nickell)
Day 6 of 2019 Titans Caravan: Nashville
Rashaan Evans, Dane Cruikshank, Sharif Finch, Jonnu Smith, Corey Davis and Jayon Brown headlined Day 6 of the 2019 Academy Sports + Outdoors Titans Caravan in Nashville (Photos: Susanna Nickell)
|7||Chiefs||W 27 - 3||8||7||1||0||0||0|
|6||Bills||W 34 - 31|
|5||@Jaguars||W 37 - 19||7||6||1||0||0||0|
|4||@Jets||L 24 - 27||5||4||1||0||0||1|
|3||Colts||W 25 - 16||6||4||2||0||1||0|
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30||3||2||1||0||0||0|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38|