PRO: The Titans selected Jeffery Simmons with the 19th overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. Simmons began his rookie season on the non-football injury list due to a serious knee injury he suffered during training in February 2019. He missed the first six games of the season but was added to the 53-man roster in Week 7. He played a total of nine games (three starts) during the regular season and all three games in the playoffs. The Mississippi State product enjoyed a strong second campaign for the Titans in 2020 when he finished second on the club with three sacks and 20 quarterback pressures and tied for the NFL lead with three defensive fumble recoveries. The 6-foot-4, 305-pound defensive lineman provides a rare blend of size, power and quickness. He was a first-team All-SEC selection as a sophomore and junior, adding second-team All-American honors as a junior. Following his junior season, he declared for the NFL Draft.
• In 2020, Simmons started 15 games at defensive tackle for the Titans and tied for the NFL lead with three defensive fumble recoveries. He also ranked second on the team with three sacks and 20 quarterback pressures.
• As a rookie in 2019, Simmons totaled 40 tackles, two sacks, two tackles for loss, 14 quarterback pressures and one pass defensed in nine games (seven starts). He added four tackles, three quarterback pressures and a fumble recovery in three playoff contests.
• As a junior in 2018, Simmons was named first team All-SEC and second team All-American after totaling 63 tackles, 17 tackles for loss and two sacks. His 17 tackles for loss led the team, ranked fourth in the SEC and were the third-most in single-season school history.
• During college Simmons was a two-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll.
• Simmons' brother, Dylan Bradley, played football at Southern Miss and then spent time with the Minnesota Vikings. His uncle, Jason Hatcher, played 10 total seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Football Team.
• Away from football, Simmons enjoys fishing and spending time outdoors.
• The Macon, Miss., native was selected by the Titans in the first round (19th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.
• During a three-year career as a defensive tackle at Mississippi State, Simmons appeared in 38 contests with 28 starts. He finished his career ranked sixth in school history with 32.5 in tackles for loss. He also tied for sixth in MSU annals with five forced fumbles and tied for fourth with three blocked kicks. His totals also included 163 tackles, seven sacks, seven passes defensed and two defensive touchdowns. He was one of two players in the nation to be named a Bednarik Award Semifinalist in both 2017 and 2018.
• As a junior (2018), appeared in 13 games with 12 starts. Led the team and ranked fourth in the SEC with 17 tackles for loss, which made up the third-highest total in school history. Tied for second in the SEC among defensive linemen with 63 total tackles and added a pair of sacks, one forced a fumble and four passes defensed. Collected two or more tackles for loss in six different games and had at least one in nine contests. Named a Bednarik Award Semifinalist and won the 2018 Conerly Trophy by the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum as the top player in Mississippi. Also named second team All-American (AP, The Athletic) and first team All-SEC (AP, Coaches).
• As a sophomore (2017), started all 13 games and tallied 60 tackles, five sacks, 12 tackles for loss, 41 quarterback pressures, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and one pass defensed. With three total blocked kicks and punts, became the first SEC player since 2004 to lead the nation in the category. Named first team All-SEC (AP, Coaches, PFF) and was a Bednarik Award Semifinalist. Added 2017 SEC Academic Honor Roll recognition.
• As a freshman (2016), played in 12 games with three starts at defensive tackle and finished with 40 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss and four quarterback hurries. Led all SEC freshman and tied for the team lead with two forced fumbles. Became the first MSU defensive lineman to earn Freshman All-SEC honors since Chris Jones in 2013. Named to the SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll.
• Majored in human development at Mississippi State.
• Has a son, Jeffery Jr.
• Attended Noxubee County (Macon, Miss.) High School, where he was named the nation's No. 10 overall player and the No. 2 defensive end by Scout.com. Named a five-star prospect by Rivals.com and Scout.com and a four-star prospect by 247Sports.com and ESPN.com. Named the top-rated player in Mississippi by Rivals.com and 247Sports.com.
• As a high school senior in 2015, helped Noxubee County win its second straight MHSAA Class 4A State Championship with a 12-4 overall record. Finished second on the team with 105 tackles. Led the Tigers with 20.5 tackles for loss, 18.5 sacks, 21 quarterback hurries, three blocked field goals and two blocked punts. Also forced two fumbles, recovered two fumbles, broke up five passes and recorded an interception.
• His mother is Brenda Bradley. He has one brother, Dylan, and two sisters, Brooke and Ashley.
• List of favorites: (movie) "The Blind Side"; (TV show) "Martin"; (song on your pregame playlist) "The Man" by Aloe Blacc; (meal) chicken alfredo; (dessert) Pecan Pie; and (sports team as a child) L.A. Lakers with Kobe Bryant.
• Follow Simmons on Twitter at @grindsimmons94 and on Instagram at @jsimmons_94.
• Born Jeffery Bernard Simmons Jr. on July 28, 1997, in Lasalle, La.
Want to Get Off the Field on Third Down | Jeffery Simmons Player Interview
Titans DL Jeffery Simmons addresses reporters during a press conference on Wednesday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Play as One Defense | Jeffery Simmons Player Interview
Titans DT Jeffery Simmons addresses reporters during a press conference on Wednesday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
We Have to Communicate Better Up Front | Jeffery Simmons Player Interview
Titans DT Jeffery Simmons addresses reporters following Tennessee's final preseason game against Chicago Bears on Saturday at Nissan Stadium.
The Mindset's Been Great so Far | Jeffery Simmons Press Conference
Titans DL Jeffery Simmons addresses reporters during a Press Conference on Thursday from AdventHealth Training Center.
'Top 100 Players of 2021': Jeffery Simmons No. 78 | NFL Network
Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons has been voted as the No. 78 player in the NFL on the "Top 100 Players of 2021" rankings.
Whatever I Can Do to Help the Team | Jeffery Simmons Press Conference
Titans DL Jeffery Simmons addresses reporters during a virtual press conference on Thursday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Jeffery Simmons: It Won't Stop Here
Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons speaks with reporters following Tennessee's loss to the Baltimore Ravens Sunday at Nissan Stadium.
Jeffery Simmons on the Team's Playoff Mentality | Nissan Insider
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith visits with Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons in this week's Nissan Insider.
Jeffery Simmons: It's a Great Challenge for Us on Defense
Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons speaks with reporters during a virtual press conference on Wednesday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Jeffery Simmons: Everybody Plays for Each Other
Titans defensive lineman addresses reporters during a virtual press conference on Wednesday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Jeffery Simmons: It's Always Frustrating to Lose
Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons speaks with reporters following Tennessee's loss to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday at Nissan Stadium.
Jeffery Simmons Rubs Belly After Sacking Rivers
Tennessee Titans defensive end Jeffery Simmons has Thanksgiving-themed sack celebration.
Jeffery Simmons: We Drew a Line on Defense in Overtime
Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons speaks with reporters following Tennessee's 30-24 overtime victory over the Baltimore Ravens Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium.
Jeffery Simmons Mic'd Up vs. Bears | Tennessee Titans
Listen in on mic'd up Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons during Tennessee's 24-17 victory over the Chicago Bears in Week 9 at Nissan Stadium.
PFF 90 Club: Week 9
Pro Football Focus ranks every player who earned a grade of at least 90 in Week 9.
In the Booth: Jayon Brown's Forced Fumble
Watch "Voice of the Titans' Mike Keith's call on linebacker Jayon Brown's forced fumble that resulted in a defensive turnover in Sunday's 24-17 victory over the Chicago Bears at Nissan Stadium.
Jeffery Simmons: I Hold Myself to a High Standard
Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons speaks with reporters during a virtual press conference on Thursday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Jeffery Simmons: This Team Fights to the End
Titans DT Jeffery Simmons speaks with reporters following Tennessee's 42-36 overtime victory over the Houston Texans on Sunday at Nissan Stadium.
Jeffery Simmons: I'm Going Full Steam Into this Game
Titans DT Jeffery Simmons speaks with reporters during a virtual press conference on Thursday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Jeffery Simmons, Titans Converge on Cousins for Big Third-Down Sack
Tennessee Titans defensive end Jeffery Simmons, Titans converge on Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins for big third-down sack.
Jeffery Simmons: We Have to Get Off the Field on Third Down
Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons speaks with reporters during a virtual press conference on Wednesday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Jeffery Simmons: We Take Pride in Stopping the Run
Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons addresses reporters following Tennessee's 16-14 victory over the Denver Broncos on Monday Night Football.
Melvin Gordon Fumbles, Jeffery Simmons Recovers for Titans
Tennessee Titans safety Kevin Byard gets hand on ball to force fumble, turnover.
Jeffery Simmons: It's Time to Take Over | Nissan Insider
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith visits with second-year defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons, who outlines his goals for the 2020 season, in this Nissan Insider.
Titans DL Jeffery Simmons Named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Simmons became the first Titans defensive lineman to record a fumble recovery and a forced fumble in the same game since Jurrell Casey at Atlanta during the 2019 season.
Titans Activate DL Jeffery Simmons from Reserve/COVID-19 List, Place RB Darrynton Evans on Injured Reserve
The Titans have also moved safety Dane Cruikshank to the 'Designated for Return' list. Cruikshank is eligible to practice, but he doesn't currently count on the team's 53-man roster. Cruikshank was placed on Injured Reserve at the start of the season.
Titans DL Jeffery Simmons Impressing Those Around Him with His Strength, Leadership and ... Speed
Simmons said on Monday he wants to set a good example for his younger teammates while setting the tone for those around him. And that includes running down the field, at 18 miles per hour, when necessary.
Titans DL Jeffery Simmons Ready to Throw His Weight Around This Fall
Simmons, selected in the first-round of the 2019 NFL Draft by the Titans, has dropped 10 pounds from his 6-foot-4 frame to get ready for the 2020 season. The result is a leaner, stronger player who aims to make an even bigger impact in his second NFL season.
Titans DL Jeffery Simmons Feeling Good, Ready to Make Even Bigger Mark in Year 2
In 2019, Simmons played in nine games for the Titans, with seven starts. He finished the season with 40 tackles, two sacks and 14 quarterback pressures, with two tackles for a loss.
Jeffery Simmons a Nominee for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week
Titans defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons is a nominee for the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week, the NFL announced today.
First-Round Pick Jeffery Simmons a Disruptive Force in Titans Debut
Rookie Jeffery Simmons recorded four tackles, two tackles for a loss – and a quarterback sack – in the team's 23-20 win over the Chargers.
Titans Add First-Round Pick Jeffery Simmons - and OLB Derick Roberson - to 53-Man Roster For Sunday's Game vs. Chargers
To make room on the roster, the Titans released defensive linemen Brent Urban and Matt Dickerson.
Friday's Quick Hits: Jeffery Simmons Feeling "Great," Wesley Woodyard Ready to Step In, and the Titans Injury Report
Titans first-round pick Jeffery Simmons practiced for the third straight day on Friday and is hopeful about his chances of playing for the first time on Sunday.
Wednesday's Quick Hits: Jeffery Simmons Practices for First Time, Players React to QB Change, and the Titans Injury Report
Titans defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons practiced with his teammates for the first time on Wednesday. Simmons, the 19th overall pick in April's NFL Draft, suffered a torn ACL during a workout in February. He spent the first six weeks of the season rehabbing the injury.
Titans First-Round Pick Jeffery Simmons Will Practice for First Time This Week
When the Titans drafted defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons in the first round of April's NFL Draft, some wondered if he'd play at all in 2019. Well, this week he'll practice with his teammates for the first time with hopes of playing in the near future, possibly as early as Sunday against the Los Angeles Chargers.
Titans First-Round Pick Jeffery Simmons Focused on Rehab, Playbook
Jeffery Simmons racked up 163 tackles, seven sacks, 32.5 tackles for a loss and four forced fumbles in three seasons at Mississippi State.
Titans Agree to Terms with First-Round Pick Jeffery Simmons
The Titans have now agreed to terms with four of their six picks from the 2019 NFL Draft.
Titans Veteran Jurrell Casey Ready to Show Rookie Jeffery Simmons the Way
First-round pick Jeffery Simmons is scheduled to be in Nashville for the team's rookie minicamp later this week.
Albert Haynesworth Fired Up About the Titans Selection – and Potential – of Big DT Jeffery Simmons
Former Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth thinks first-round pick Jeffery Simmons could be a special, disruptive player.
An Emotional Jeffery Simmons Vows To Reward Titans After Hearing Words of Support from Owner Amy Adams Strunk
The introductory press conference for Jeffery Simmons got emotional on Friday after Titans controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk pledged her support and trust in the team's first-round pick.
Dan Mullen Offers Praise for Titans First-Round Pick Jeffery Simmons
Dan Mullen recruited Jeffery Simmons to Mississippi State, and he coached him there for two seasons. After the Titans selected Simmons with the 19th overall pick on Thursday's NFL Draft, Mullen shared some positive thoughts about his former pupil.
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30||1||0||1||0.5||0||0|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38||5||5||0||1||0||0|