PRO: The Titans signed Anthony Firkser during the 2018 offseason to add competition and depth to the tight end position. The 6-foot-2-inch, 246-pounder out of Harvard appeared in 16 contests with one start during his third season in Tennessee in 2020. He was originally signed as a rookie free agent by the New York Jets following the 2017 NFL Draft and has also spent time on the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad.
• In 2020, Firkser appeared in all 16 games for the first time in his career and finished the season with career-highs in receptions (39) and receiving yards (387) to go along with one touchdown.
• Firkser recorded his first career 100-yard game in 2020 against Houston (10/18). He caught a career-high eight passes for 113 yards and one touchdown, including a career-long catch of 45.
• In his second season with the Titans, Firkser appeared in 15 games and posted 14 receptions for 204 yards with a touchdown.
• In 2019, Firkser made his postseason debut and appeared in all three games while leading the team with two touchdown catches. He became the first NFL player from Harvard to score a touchdown in a postseason game.
• In 2018, Firkser made his NFL debut against Houston (9/16) and scored his first career touchdown against New York Jets (12/2). He appeared in 12 contests on the season.
• In June 2021, Firkser hosted the Anthony Firkser Football Camp, a kids skills camp in Nashville, which benefitted the Caring Hearts organization that aims to help those living in poverty in Nashville and Mexico.
• Firkser grew up playing basketball and both roller and ice hockey at elite levels and didn't begin playing football until his sophomore year of high school.
• In the offseason, Firkser volunteers with his former high school football coach to help train and give advice to aspiring young football players in his hometown community of Manalapan, N.J.
• The Manalapan, N.J., native was originally signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2017.
• Released by the Jets on Sept. 2, 2017.
• Signed by the Kansas City Chiefs to the team's practice squad on Nov. 29, 2017.
• Signed by the Chiefs to a future's contract on Jan. 8, 2018.
• Released by the Chiefs on April 30, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on May 14, 2018 following a rookie minicamp tryout.
• Waived by the Titans on Sept. 17, 2018 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Oct. 9, 2018.
• Appeared in 29 games with 24 starts over four seasons at Harvard (2013-16) and caught 99 passes for 1,559 yards and 14 touchdowns. Ranks 12th all-time in school history in receptions, ninth all-time in receiving yards and sixth all-time in touchdown receptions. Named to the All-Ivy League second team as both a junior and sophomore.
• As a senior (2016), started all 10 games for Harvard and made 45 receptions for 702 yards and seven touchdowns.
• As a junior (2015), started nine games and caught 22 passes for 372 yards and three touchdowns. Named to the All-Ivy League second team for the second consecutive season.
• As a sophomore (2014), appeared in 10 games for Harvard and made 32 catches for 485 yards and four touchdowns. Tied for first on the team in touchdown receptions and ranked second on the squad in both catches and yards. Named to the All-Ivy second team.
• As a freshman (2013), did not see game action.
• Graduated from Harvard in 2017 with a degree in applied mathematics.
• Attended Manalapan (N.J.) High School, where he was named All-Shore Offensive Player of the Year as a senior wide receiver. Also was a two-time All-Shore first team selection.
• Set Manalapan's records in receptions (110), receiving yards (2,118) and touchdown receptions (19).
• Was also a four-year letter winner in basketball.
• He enjoys pencil drawings, jigsaw puzzles and playing online collectible card games.
• Brother, Josh, played football at Wagner.
• Son of Alex and Donna Firkser.
• Follow Firkser on Instagram at @asapfirk.
• Born Anthony Paul Firkser on Feb. 19, 1995 in Manalapan, N.J.
It's Exciting to Compete Against Other Guys | Anthony Firkser Player Interview
Titans TE Anthony Firkser addresses reporters during a Press Conference on Monday from Nissan Stadium.
Anthony Firkser: I'm Happy to be Back
Titans TE Anthony Firkser speaks with reporters during a virtual press conference on Wednesday.
Titans Use Henry as Decoy to Make Space for Firkser's 35-yard Catch and Run
Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill completes a 35-yard pass to tight end Anthony Firkser.
Anthony Firkser a Threat in Titans Offense | Nissan Insider
Amie Wells visits with tight end Anthony Firkser, who is quickly becoming a major threat in the Titans offense.
Anthony Firkser: We're Never Satisfied as an Offense
Titans TE Anthony Firkser speaks with reporters following Tennessee's 42-36 overtime victory over the Houston Texans on Sunday at Nissan Stadium.
Ryan Tannehill Drops 45-yard Dime to Anthony Firkser
Tennessee Titans quarterback RyanTannehill couldn't be more accurate to set up tight end Anthony Firkser's 45-yard gain.
Anthony Firkser Catches 7-yard Touchdown vs. Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill dots tight end Anthony Firkser for first touchdown grab of 2020.
Anthony Firkser Building Trust, Confidence with Ryan Tannehill
Titans tight end Anthony Firkser speaks with reporters during a virtual press conference on Friday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Ryan Tannehill Airs it Out to Anthony Firkser for 22-yard TD
Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill completes a 22-yard touchdown pass to tight end Anthony Firkser.
Ryan Tannehill Rips Sideline Dart to Anthony Firkser for Clutch Third-Down Pickup
Tennessee Titans quarterback completes a pass to tight end Anthony Firkser.
Ryan Tannehill Finds Anthony Firkser to Cap Titans' 12-Play Opening Drive with TD
Tennessee Titans Ryan Tannehill finds tight end Anthony Firkser to cap Titans' 12-play opening drive with TD.
Ryan Tannehill Threads Needle on 39-yard Laser to Anthony Firkser
Ryan Tannehill threads the needle on a 39-yard laser to Anthony Firkser up the middle to put the Titans in field goal range near the end of the first half.
Anthony Firkser's Path to the NFL | Behind the Flame
Tight end Anthony Firkser discusses his path to the NFL in this week's edition of 'Behind the Flame.'
Anthony Firkser TD Puts Titans on the Board | Touchdown Tuesday
Tight end Anthony Firsker hauls in a 9-yard scoring pass from Ryan Tannehill to pull the Titans within 10-7 in the second quarter against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Anthony Firkser Lays Out for Ryan Tannehill's Laser Throw for 9-yard TD
Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill completes 9-yard touchdown pass to tight end Anthony Firkser.
Ryan Tannehill Throws Strike to Anthony Firkser for 27 Yards
Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill throws a strike to Titans tight end Anthony Firkser for 27 yards.
Titans TE Anthony Firkser Reaches High for 25-yard Reception
Tennessee Titans tight end Anthony Firkser catches 25-yard pass from quarterback Ryan Tannehill.
Ryan Tannehill Uncorks Dime to Diving Anthony Firkser for 22 Yards
Tennessee Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill uncorks absolute DIME to diving wide receiver Anthony Firkser for 22 yards.
Marcus Mariota Hangs in Pocket to Deliver Dime to Diving Athony Firkser
Titans quarterback throws a 10-yard pass to tight end Anthony Firkser.
Marcus Mariota Hits Anthony Firkser in Stride for 25 Yards
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota hits his tight end Anthony Firkser for 25 yards.
Marcus Mariota Slings Pass to Anthony Firkser for 12-yard TD
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota slings a pass to his tight end Anthony Firkser for a 12-yard touchdown.
Blaine Gabbert Fires to Anthony Firkser for 3-yard TD
Titans quarterback Blaine Gabbert connects with tight end Anthony Firkser for 3-yard touchdown.
Titans Agree to One-Year Contract Extension with TE Anthony Firkser
Anthony Firkser had a touchdown catch in the team's playoff win at New England, and he also made a big third down catch late in that contest. Firkser also had a 22-yard touchdown catch in the AFC Championship Game against the Chiefs.
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38||3||19||6.3||11||0|