PRO: The Titans signed Marlon Davidson to the team's practice squad in October of the 2023 season. The 6-foot-3-inch, 303-pounder spent the 2023 preseason with the San Francisco 49ers. The Greenville, Ala., native originally entered the NFL as a second round pick (47th overall) by the Atlanta Falcons. He appeared in 19 games with one start and recorded 31 tackles, a sack and an interception returned for a touchdown over two seasons with the Falcons.
• On Dec. 5, 2021, Davidson recorded his first interception when he picked off Tampa Bay's Tom Brady at the Buccaneers' three-yard line and returned it for a touchdown. It was the first time a defensive lineman recorded an interception for a touchdown for the Falcons since 2013.
• Davidson comes from a family of Auburn defensive lineman as his older brother, Ken Carter, played defensive line for the Tigers from 2010-13 and was a member of the 2010 National Championship team.
• Davidson finds inspiration in his later mother, Cynthia Carter, through his play on the field. "I got picked 47th in the draft and wore No. 47 in high school because that was my mama's age when she passed. That's crazy, man. That's powerful," Davidson said upon being drafted in 2020. "Everything I do is for my lady. Everything I do, I do it for her."
• Davidson and his three brothers, Marvin, Terrence and Ken, have a tight bond formed through their childhood growing up in rural Alabama. The brothers grew up with lots of freedom. They ran around with their cousins, riding four wheelers and bikes and playing basketball on the dirt road. From the moment Davidson could walk, he was a part of the scrum wrestling for the football in the grass. To this day, Davidson credits being where he is today in part to his three older brothers' hard love.
• The Greenville, Ala., native was selected by the Atlanta Flacons in the second round (47th overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
• Released by the Falcons on Oct. 25, 2022.
• Signed by the San Francisco 49ers as a free agent on May 8, 2023.
• Released by the 49ers on Aug. 29, 2023 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Released by the 49ers on Oct. 4, 2023.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Oct. 25, 2023.
• Started all 51 games he appeared in over four seasons at Auburn (2016-19) and registered 175 tackles, 29.5 tackles for loss, 17 sacks, nine pass defensed, four forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries and three blocked kicks.
• As a senior (2019), started 12 games and finished the season with 48 tackles, 12.5 tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and a pass defensed. Earned second-team All-American and first-team All-SEC honors.
• As a junior (2018), started all 13 games and registered 46 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, three passes defensed, three blocked kicks and a fumble recovery.
• As a sophomore (2017), started 13 games and recorded 43 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and a pass defensed.
• As a freshman (2016), started all 13 games and finished with 38 tackles, six tackles for loss, four passes defensed, 2.5 sacks, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. Named to the SEC All-Freshman team.
• Graduated with a degree in sports management in December 2019.
• Attended George Washington Carver (Montgomery, Ala.) High School where he was named 5A lineman of the year after recording 65 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, eight sacks, four forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries, two interceptions and two touchdowns as a senior.
• Also lettered in basketball.
• Son of Marvin Davidson Sr. and the late Cynthia Carter.
• Has three brothers; Terrance, Ken and Marvin III.
• Born Marlon Davidson on May 11, 1998 in Greenville, Ala.