PRO: The Titans signed Chris Jones as a free agent during the 2021 offseason to add veteran depth to the defensive backfield. The 6-foot, 200-pounder entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Detroit Lions in 2018. He spent time with the Lions (2018 and 2020), Arizona Cardinals (2018–2020) and Minnesota Vikings (2020) prior to arriving in Tennessee, totaling 22 games played and six starts. At the University of Nebraska, he totaled five interceptions in 45 career games.
• In 2020, Jones appeared in nine games, including eight games and three starts with the Vikings.
• In 2019, he established a career high with 11 games played (three starts) for the Cardinals.
• The Jacksonville, Fla., native was signed by the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent on May 11, 2018.
• Waived by the Lions on Sept. 1, 2018.
• Joined the Arizona Cardinals practice squad on Sept. 3, 2018 and promoted to the 53-man roster on Nov. 20, 2018.
• Waived by the Cardinals on Nov. 27, 2018 and added to the practice squad two days later.
• Promoted by the Cardinals to the 53-man roster on Dec. 18, 2018.
• Waived by the Cardinals on Oct. 9, 2019 and added to the practice squad two days later.
• Promoted by the Cardinals to the 53-man roster on Nov. 8, 2019.
• Waived by the Cardinals on Sept. 5, 2020 and added to the practice squad the next day.
• Signed by the Detroit Lions from the Cardinals practice squad on Sept. 16, 2020.
• Released by the Lions on Oct. 17, 2020.
• Re-signed by the Lions on Oct. 21, 2020 and waived on Oct. 24, 2020.
• Claimed by the Minnesota Vikings off waivers from Detroit on Oct. 26, 2020.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on April 23, 2021.
• Played 45 games in four years (2014-17) at Nebraska, totaling five interceptions and 16 passes defensed.
• As a senior (2017), had seven tackles and a pass breakup in seven games (six starts). Missed the first five games of the season due to injury. Named to Brook Berringer and Tom Osborne Citizenship Teams.
• As a junior (2016), earned honorable mention All-Big Ten accolades from the coaches and media after recording 37 tackles, three interceptions, 10 passes defensed and one touchdown in 13 games (all starts).
• As a sophomore (2015), played in 13 games (seven starts), totaling 25 tackles, two interceptions and five passes defensed. Earned Academic All-Big 10 honors.
• As a true freshman (2014), saw action on special teams in 12 games.
• Earned degree in sociology from Nebraska.
• Attended Sandalwood (Jacksonville, Fla.) High School, where he helped lead the team to an 8-3 record and an appearance in the Class 8A state playoffs as a senior in 2013.
• Earned All-First Coast honors by the Florida Times-Union as a senior after totaling 32 tackles and four interceptions (one returned for a touchdown).
• Born Aug. 13, 1995.
|7||Chiefs||W 27 - 3||1||1||0||0||0||0|