Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
PRO: The Titans selected Chris Jackson with the 243rd overall pick in the seventh round of the 2020 NFL Draft. The 5-foot-10 inch, 193-pounder was coveted for his versatility with experience at both corner and safety, as well as for his speed and ball disruption skills. The Tallahassee, Fla., native was a four-year starter at Marshall where his 45 passes defensed rank first in program history. He started 48 games from 2016-19 and tallied 189 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, seven interceptions with one returned for a touchdown, 45 passes defensed, and two fumble recoveries with one returned for a score for the Thundering Herd.
• Jackson's 45 passes defensed rank first in Marshall history and his 48 career starts rank 14th in program history.
• Jackson earned all-conference recognition each year of his collegiate career: named to the Conference USA first team all-conference team after recording a team-high 11 passes defensed as a senior in 2019, earned second team all-conference honors at defensive back as a junior in 2018, garnered all-conference team honorable mention recognition as a sophomore in 2017, and he was named to the Conference USA All-Freshman team in 2016.
• A two-time state track champion in high school, Jackson runs a 4.47 second 40-yard dash. 'I still work out like a track athlete when I can,' Jackson said. 'I watch it a lot and keep up with it.'
• Jackson lived with and was primarily raised by his paternal grandmother, Delores Madison, after his mother was killed by a home invader when Jackson was 10 years old.
• He has a love of cars that he attributes to his father and uncle, the latter of which does competitive drag racing. Jackson lists his top three cars as a 1969 Camaro, a 1984 Buick Grand National and a Ferrari F40.
• The Tallahassee, Fla., native was selected by the Titans in the seventh round (243rd overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
• During a four-year career at Marshall, started 48 games and posted 189 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, seven interceptions with one returned for a touchdown, 45 passes defensed and two fumble recoveries with one returned for a score on kickoff coverage for the Thundering Herd. Jackson's 45 passes defensed rank first in Marshall history and his 48 career starts rank 14th in program history. He earned all-conference recognition in all four of his collegiate seasons.
AS A SENIOR (2019), started 11 games and recorded 25 tackles, one interception and a team-high 11 passes defensed. Earned first team all-conference recognition.
• Against Cincinnati (9/28), had a season-high five tackles.
• At Charlotte (11/23), notched two tackles and one interception.
• Against Florida International (11/30), tallied three tackles and three passes defensed.
AS A JUNIOR (2018), started all 13 games and posted 61 tackles, one interception, 15 passes defensed and one fumble recovery. Earned second team all-conference honors at defensive back.
• At Old Dominion (10/13), tied a career-high with 10 tackles and posted a career-high four passes defensed.
• Against Florida Atlantic (10/20), amassed six tackles, one interception and three passes defensed.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017), started 12 games and tallied 62 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, one half sack, a team-high three interceptions for 108 yards and one touchdown, a team-high 10 passes defensed and recovered one fumble on kickoff coverage that he returned for a score. Named all-conference honorable mention.
• Against Miami (Ohio) (9/2), posted eight tackles, an interception which he returned 72 yards for a touchdown and one pass defensed.
• Against Kent State (9/16), amassed six tackles, 0.5 tackle for loss, and a 32-yard interception.
• At Charlotte (10/7), notched five tackles, 0.5 tackle for loss, one interception and two passes defensed.
• Against Old Dominion (10/14), recorded six tackles and one fumble recovery on special teams that he returned for a 15-yard touchdown.
AS A FRESHMAN (2016), started all 12 games as a true freshman and tallied 41 tackles, four tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, two interceptions and nine passes defensed. Named to the Conference USA All-Freshman team.
• Against Florida Atlantic (10/15), recorded five tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, one half sack, one interception and one pass defensed.
• Against Charlotte (10/22), posted a season-high eight tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack and one 31-yard interception.
• At Missouri (10/1), saw action in his first career game and posted one tackle.
• Graduated from Marshall in December 2019 with a degree in criminal justice.
• Attended FAMU Developmental Research (Tallahassee, Fla.) School where he was rated as a two-star prospect by Rivals.
• Named a Florida 2A All-State wide receiver as a senior in 2015. Also played safety.
• Jackson was a two-time Florida state high school track champion in the 110-meter hurdles and was a runner up in the 300-meter hurdles.
• Also played basketball.
• List of favorites: (TV show) "Spongebob Squarepants"; (movies) "Shrek," and "Coming to America"; (musician) Kanye West.
• Follow Jackson on Twitter @C3Jack and on Instagram @_3cjack.
• Son of D'Wayne Jackson and Tanesha Overstreet.
• Has two brothers and two sisters.
• Born Christopher D'Wayne Jackson on April 13, 1998 in Minneapolis, Minn.
|3||@Vikings||W 31 - 30|
|2||Jaguars||W 33 - 30||6||3||3||0||0||0|
|6||Texans||W 42 - 36|
|1||@Broncos||W 16 - 14||1||0||1||0||0||0|
|5||Bills||W 42 - 16||3||2||1||0||1||0|