PRO: The Titans selected Chris Jackson with the 243rd overall pick in the seventh round of the 2020 NFL Draft. The 5-foot-10 inch, 193-pounder was coveted for his versatility with experience at both corner and safety, as well as for his speed and ball disruption skills. As a rookie in 2020, he started three games with 11 total appearances. The Tallahassee, Fla., native was a four-year starter at Marshall, where his 45 passes defensed ranked first in program history.
• As a rookie in 2020, Jackson registered three starts, including the season opener at Denver. He became the franchise's first rookie drafted in the seventh round or later to start a Week 1 game since Sept. 10, 1989, when Oilers ninth-round rookie tight end Bob Mrosko started at Minnesota. Among all seventh-round picks from the beginning of the seven-round draft era in 1994 through 2020, Jackson was only the third rookie defensive back to start a season opener (Marlon McCree and Jimmy Moreland).
• Jackson earned all-conference recognition each year of his collegiate career: named to the Conference USA first team after recording a team-high 11 passes defensed as a senior in 2019, earned second team all-conference honors at defensive back as a junior in 2018, garnered all-conference team honorable mention recognition as a sophomore in 2017, and he was named to the Conference USA All-Freshman team in 2016.
• A two-time state track champion in high school, Jackson runs a 4.47 second 40-yard dash. 'I still work out like a track athlete when I can,' Jackson said. 'I watch it a lot and keep up with it.'
• Jackson lived with and was primarily raised by his paternal grandmother, Delores Madison, after his mother was killed by a home invader when Jackson was 10 years old.
• He has a love of cars that he attributes to his father and uncle, the latter of which does competitive drag racing. Jackson lists his top three cars as a 1969 Camaro, a 1984 Buick Grand National and a Ferrari F40.
• Jackson is a fishing enthusiast. He has spent more time fishing on the Ochlockonee River outside of Tallahassee than anywhere else.
• The Tallahassee, Fla., native was selected by the Titans in the seventh round (243rd overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
• During a four-year career at Marshall, started 48 games and posted 189 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, seven interceptions with one returned for a touchdown, 45 passes defensed and two fumble recoveries with one returned for a score on kickoff coverage for the Thundering Herd. Jackson's 45 passes defensed ranked first in Marshall history and his 48 career starts ranked 14th in program history. He earned all-conference recognition in all four of his collegiate seasons.
• As a senior (2019), started 11 games and recorded 25 tackles, one interception and a team-high 11 passes defensed. Earned first team all-conference recognition.
• As a junior (2018), started all 13 games and posted 61 tackles, one interception, 15 passes defensed and one fumble recovery. Earned second team all-conference honors at defensive back.
• As a sophomore (2017), started 12 games and tallied 62 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, one half sack, a team-high three interceptions for 108 yards and one touchdown, a team-high 10 passes defensed and recovered one fumble on kickoff coverage that he returned for a score. Named all-conference honorable mention.
• As a freshman (2016), started all 12 games as a true freshman and tallied 41 tackles, four tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, two interceptions and nine passes defensed. Named to the Conference USA All-Freshman team.
• Graduated from Marshall in December 2019 with a degree in criminal justice.
• Attended FAMU Developmental Research (Tallahassee, Fla.) School where he was rated as a two-star prospect by Rivals.
• Named a Florida 2A All-State wide receiver as a senior in 2015. Also played safety.
• Jackson was a two-time Florida state high school track champion in the 110-meter hurdles and was a runner up in the 300-meter hurdles.
• Also played basketball.
• List of favorites: (TV show) "Spongebob Squarepants"; (movies) "Shrek," and "Coming to America"; (musician) Kanye West.
• Follow Jackson on Twitter @C3Jack and on Instagram @_3cjack.
• Son of D'Wayne Jackson and Tanesha Overstreet.
• Has two brothers and two sisters.
• Born Christopher D'Wayne Jackson on April 13, 1998 in Minneapolis, Minn.
|7||Chiefs||W 27 - 3|
|6||Bills||W 34 - 31||4||4||0||0||1||0|
|5||@Jaguars||W 37 - 19||1||1||0||0||1||0|
|4||@Jets||L 24 - 27||2||2||0||0||0||0|
|3||Colts||W 25 - 16||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30||6||5||1||0||0||0|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38|