PRO: The Titans selected Chris Jackson with the 243rd overall pick in the seventh round of the 2020 NFL Draft. During his first two seasons, his totals included 54 tackles and five passes defensed in 23 games (six starts). The Tallahassee, Fla., native was a four-year starter at Marshall, where his 45 passes defensed ranked first in program history. The 5-foot-10 inch, 193-pounder was coveted for his versatility with experience at both corner and safety, as well as for his speed and ball disruption skills.
• In 2021, Jackson participated in 12 games with three starts. He finished with 33 tackles, two quarterback pressures, one tackle for loss, four passes defensed and one stop on special teams.
• As a rookie in 2020, Jackson registered three starts, including the season opener at Denver. He became the franchise's first rookie drafted in the seventh round or later to start a Week 1 game since Sept. 10, 1989, when Oilers ninth-round rookie tight end Bob Mrosko started at Minnesota. Among all seventh-round picks from the beginning of the seven-round draft era in 1994 through 2020, Jackson was only the third rookie defensive back to start a season opener (Marlon McCree and Jimmy Moreland).
• Jackson earned all-conference recognition each year of his collegiate career: named to the Conference USA first team after recording a team-high 11 passes defensed as a senior in 2019, earned second team all-conference honors at defensive back as a junior in 2018, garnered all-conference team honorable mention recognition as a sophomore in 2017, and he was named to the Conference USA All-Freshman team in 2016.
• A two-time state track champion in high school, Jackson runs a 4.47 second 40-yard dash. 'I still work out like a track athlete when I can,' Jackson said. 'I watch it a lot and keep up with it.'
• After his mother was killed by a home invader when he was 10 years old, Jackson lived with and was primarily raised by paternal grandmother Delores Madison, aunts Jessica and Caprice Overstreet, and maternal grandmother Renee Jones-Johnson.
• He has a love of cars that he attributes to his father and uncle, the latter of which does competitive drag racing. Jackson lists his top three cars as a 1969 Camaro, a 1984 Buick Grand National and a Ferrari F40.
• Jackson is a fishing enthusiast. He has spent more time fishing on the Ochlockonee River outside of Tallahassee than anywhere else.
• The Tallahassee, Fla., native was selected by the Titans in the seventh round (243rd overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
• During a four-year career at Marshall, started 48 games and posted 189 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 2.0 sacks, seven interceptions with one returned for a touchdown, 45 passes defensed and two fumble recoveries with one returned for a score on kickoff coverage for the Thundering Herd. Jackson's 45 passes defensed ranked first in Marshall history and his 48 career starts ranked 14th in program history. He earned all-conference recognition in all four of his collegiate seasons.
• As a senior (2019), started 11 games and recorded 25 tackles, one interception and a team-high 11 passes defensed. Earned first team all-conference recognition.
• As a junior (2018), started all 13 games and posted 61 tackles, one interception, 15 passes defensed and one fumble recovery. Earned second team all-conference honors at defensive back.
• As a sophomore (2017), started 12 games and tallied 62 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, one half sack, a team-high three interceptions for 108 yards and one touchdown, a team-high 10 passes defensed and recovered one fumble on kickoff coverage that he returned for a score. Named all-conference honorable mention.
• As a freshman (2016), started all 12 games as a true freshman and tallied 41 tackles, four tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, two interceptions and nine passes defensed. Named to the Conference USA All-Freshman team.
• Graduated from Marshall in December 2019 with a degree in criminal justice.
• Attended FAMU Developmental Research (Tallahassee, Fla.) School where he was rated as a two-star prospect by Rivals.
• Named a Florida 2A All-State wide receiver as a senior in 2015. Also played safety.
• Jackson was a two-time Florida state high school track champion in the 110-meter hurdles and was a runner up in the 300-meter hurdles.
• Also played basketball.
• List of favorites: (TV show) "Spongebob Squarepants"; (movies) "Shrek," and "Coming to America"; (musician) Kanye West.
• Follow Jackson on Twitter @C3Jack and on Instagram @_3cjack.
• Son of D'Wayne Jackson and Tanesha Overstreet.
• Has two brothers and two sisters.
• Born Christopher D'Wayne Jackson on April 13, 1998 in Minneapolis, Minn.
|2||@Bills||L 7 - 41||1||1||0||0||0||0||0|