PRO: The Titans entered the 2021 NFL free agency period looking to add pass rushing talent and an edge presence from the outside linebacker spot in their 3-4 defensive alignment. The club found just that when they signed veteran Bud Dupree as an unrestricted free agent on March 19, 2021. The 6-foot-4-inch, 269-pounder arrives in Tennessee having registered 39.5 career sacks and 64 quarterback hits in six seasons (2015-20) with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The University of Kentucky product was originally drafted by the Steelers in the first round (22nd overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
• In 2019, Dupree set a single-season career-high and ranked tied for ninth in the NFL with 11.5 sacks. He also set a single-season career-high and ranked tied for fourth in the NFL with 16 tackles for loss.
• In 2018, Dupree collected 42 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 13 quarterback hits, three passes defensed, a forced fumble and an interception returned for a touchdown.
• Dupree finished his Steelers career with 39.5 sacks, which is the 10th most in franchise history.
• Dupree has a street named after him, Bud Dupree Drive, in his hometown of Toomsboro, Ga.
• Dupree wore uniform No. 2 at the University of Kentucky because: "I'm trying to be No. 1, but I am working like I am No. 2."
• The Irwinton, Ga., native was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first round (22nd overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
• Signed by the Steelers as the franchise tag player on April 23, 2020.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 19, 2021.
• Played in 47 games with 38 starts at Kentucky (2011-14) and finished with 247 tackles, 23.5 sacks, 38.0 tackles for loss and four forced fumbles.
• Ranked second in Wildcat history at the time he left school with 23.5 career sacks.
• Earned All-SEC honorable mention each of his final three seasons (2012-14), playing both defensive end and linebacker throughout his Kentucky career. Finished in the top-10 in the SEC in quarterback sacks three straight years (2012-14).
• As a senior (2014), was voted team captain and started all 12 games. Notched 74 tackles, 12.5 tackles for loss, eight sacks and his first career interception which he returned for a game-winning touchdown.
• As a junior (2013), started all 11 games he played and finished second on the team with 61 tackles, adding a team-best 9.5 tackles for loss and seven sacks. Also forced two fumbles, had three quarterback hurries and a pass breakup. Had a tackle for loss or a sack in eight of the 11 games and finished the season sixth in the SEC in sacks.
• As a sophomore (2012), started all 12 games and totaled 91 tackles, which ranked 10th in the SEC. Posted 12.5 tackles for loss and 6.5 quarterback sacks, ranking seventh in the league in both categories.
• As a freshman (2011), played in all 12 games, starting the last three and recorded 21 tackles, 14 of which came in his three starting assignments. Collected 2.5 quarterback sacks, two pass breakups and a fumble recovery.
• Graduated with a degree in community and leadership development from Kentucky in 2015.
• Attended Wilkinson County (Irwinton, Ga.) High School and was a four-year starter at tight end and three-year starter at defensive end.
• As a senior, was named first team All-State as chosen by the Georgia Sports Writers Association and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Totaled more than 1,000 receiving yards with 10 touchdowns, to go along with 62 tackles and 10.0 quarterback sacks.
• His team went 11-3 his senior year and 10-4 as a sophomore, advancing to the Class-A state semifinals each season.
• Was also a basketball standout in high school, helping lead Wilkinson County to the Class-A state championship his senior year.
• Is a member of the Future Business Leaders of America.
• Follow Dupree on Twitter and Instagram at @Bud_Dupree.
• Born Alvin "Bud" Dupree, Jr. on Feb. 12, 1993 in Macon, Ga.
Bud Dupree's First Sack as a Titan Forces Mahomes to Fumble | Game Highlights
Tennessee Titans outside linebacker Bud Dupree's first sack as a Titan forces Patrick Mahomes to fumble.
We Continue to Get Better and Better Each Week | Bud Dupree Player Interview
Titans OLB Bud Dupree addresses reporters following Tennessee's 34-31 victory over the Buffalo Bills on Monday at Nissan Stadium.
Make Sure I'm Healthy Enough to Make Plays | Bud Dupree Player Interview
Titans OLB Bud Dupree addresses reporters during a press conference on Wednesday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Tomorrow Starts a New Week | Bud Dupree Postgame Player Interview
Titans OLB Bud Dupree addresses reporters during a press conference on Sunday after the Week 1 Game against the Arizona Cardinals at Nissan Stadium.
I'm Going to be Ready Whenever They Call Me | Bud Dupree Player Interview
Titans OLB Bud Dupree addresses reporters during a Press Conference on Monday from Nissan Stadium.
Have the Same Goal and Vision | Bud Dupree Press Conference
Titans offensive linebacker Bud Dupree addresses reporters during a virtual press conference on Tuesday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Bud Dupree on Choosing Titans in Free Agency: 'I Wanted to be on a Winning Team'
Linebacker Bud Dupree explains why he chose the Tennessee Titans in free agency.
Bud Dupree 1-On-1 | Titans All-Access
Amie Wells welcomes Bud Dupree to the Titans. The two discuss his decision in joining the Titans and what he's excited for in Tennessee.
|7||Chiefs||W 27 - 3||1||1||0||1||0||1|
|6||Bills||W 34 - 31||2||2||0||0||1||0|
|5||@Jaguars||W 37 - 19|
|4||@Jets||L 24 - 27|
|3||Colts||W 25 - 16|
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38||1||1||0||0||0||0|