PRO: The Titans signed free agent quarterback DeShone Kizer to the practice squad during Week 12 of the 2020 season. The 6-foot-4-inch, 235-pounder was originally drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round (52nd overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft. Over his NFL career, he has thrown for 3,081 yards, 11 touchdowns and 24 interceptions, along with 458 yards on the ground and five rushing touchdowns in 18 games with Cleveland and the Green Bay Packers. The Toledo, Ohio native started 15 games as a rookie for the Browns in 2017 before being traded to Green Bay, and played three games for the Packers in 2018. He also spent time with the Raiders in 2019 and 2020.
• In 2017, rookie Kizer started 15 games and completed 255 of 476 passes for 2,894 yards with 11 touchdowns and 22 interceptions, and rushed 77 times for 419 yards and five touchdowns, all of which set career-highs. He became the third-youngest NFL quarterback to start in Week 1 since 1963.
• Kizer became just the fourth rookie quarterback in NFL history to register at least 400 rushing yards and at least five rushing scores, joining Vince Young, Cam Newton and Robert Griffin III.
• Kizer's father, Derek, played basketball at Bowling Green State University (1987-91) and went on to play one year professionally in France. Derek coached Kizer in multiple sports while he was growing up.
• His mother, Mindy, ran track at the University of Toledo.
• Growing up with a police officer father and a court bailiff mother, everything Kizer had was earned and not given. While in college at Notre Dame, Kizer lost his wallet and the $170 that was inside of it. His parents had Kizer come home over school break and earn the money back by helping to build a deck, mowing the lawn and laying down sod.
• Kizer collects shoes and cites the Air Jordan 1s as his favorite type.
• Kizer won a spelling bee in the sixth grade, completing the event with the correct spelling of the word 'junco.'
• He enjoys playing golf and ping pong.
• The Toledo, Ohio native was originally selected by the Cleveland Browns in the second round (52nd overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
• Traded by the Browns along with a fourth-round pick and a fifth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft to the Green Bay Packers in exchange for DB Damarious Randall and a fourth-round pick and a fifth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft on March 14, 2018.
• Waived by the Packers on Aug. 31, 2019.
• Claimed off of waivers by the Oakland Raiders on Sept. 1, 2019.
• Waived by the Raiders on May 5, 2020.
• Signed by the Raiders to the team's practice squad on Sept. 7, 2020.
• Waived by the Raiders on Sept. 30, 2020.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Nov. 24, 2020.
• Appeared in 25 games with 23 starts over two seasons at Notre Dame (2015-16) and completed 423 of 696 passes (60.8 percent) for 5,809 yards and 47 touchdowns. Rushed for 992 yards and 18 touchdowns. Passed for two or more touchdowns in 10 games. Finished his career ranked third in school history in completion percentage (60.8), fourth in passing yards per game (232.4), and fifth in passing touchdowns (47). His 18 rushing touchdowns ranked second in school annals among quarterbacks. Became the third quarterback in Notre Dame history to record 3,000-plus yards of total offense in multiple seasons (Brady Quinn, Jimmy Clausen).
• As a sophomore (2016), started all 12 games and completed 212 of 361 passes (58.7 percent) for 2,925 yards and 26 touchdowns with nine interceptions. Added 472 rushing yards on 129 carries (3.7-yard average) with eight touchdowns. Ranked second on the team in both rushing yards and rushing scores. Threw at least two touchdowns in 10 of 12 games. Named the Notre Dame Monogram Club MVP.
• As a redshirt freshman (2015), appeared in all 13 games and started the 11 final contests. Completed 211 od 335 passes (63.0 percent) for 2,884 yards and 21 touchdowns with 10 interceptions. Ranked second on the team with 520 rushing yards and set a school record for rushing scores by a quarterback with 10. Tallied the most touchdown passes by a first-year starting quarterback in Notre Dame history. Became the sixth quarterback in school annals to register 3,000 total yards. Named the program's Newcomer of the Year.
• Redshirted in 2014.
• Majored in finance at Notre Dame.
• Attended Toledo (Ohio) Central Catholic where he threw for 5,684 yards and 56 touchdowns in his career and added 1,211 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns as a three-year starter (2011-13).
• Completed 150 of 245 passes for 2,847 yards and 30 touchdowns with six interceptions as a senior.
• Named the Division III co-offensive player of the year and earned first-team all-state honors by the Associated Press, and named the player of the year by the Toledo Blade as a senior in 2013.
• Rushed for 539 yards and six touchdowns on 62 carries and posted a 41.2-yard average as a punter.
• Connected on 108 of 179 passes for 1,611 yards and 17 touchdowns with two interceptions as a junior. Also rushed for 442 yards and eight touchdowns on 63 attempts.
• Also played baseball and basketball.
• Follow Kizer on Twitter and Instagram @deshonekizer.
• Has one brother, Dayven, and one sister, Maelyn.
• Son of Derek and Mindy Kizer.
• Born DeShone Allen Kizer on Jan. 3, 1996 in Toledo, Ohio.