PRO: The Titans signed offensive lineman David Quessenberry to the practice squad during Week 2 of the 2018 season. The 6-foot-5-inch, 305-pounder was originally drafted by the Houston Texans in the sixth round (176th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. He spent his rookie season on injured reserve, and spent the 2014-16 seasons on reserve/non-football illness list after being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in June 2014. He was medically cleared and returned to action in 2017 as a member of the Texans practice squad. He was signed to the active roster on Dec. 19, 2017 and appeared in two contests for Houston. Quessenberry spent majority of the 2018 season on the Titans' practice squad, and in 2019 he spent time on the team's active roster and practice squad. The La Jolla, Calif., native appeared in a career-high four games in 2019 and caught his first career touchdown.
• In 2019, Quessenberry appeared in a career-high four games for the Titans and caught his first career touchdown on a one-yard catch.
• Quessenberry was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in June 2014. He returned to Houston's practice squad in 2017 and made his NFL debut in Week 16 of the 2017 season.
• Named the Professional Football Writers of America's 2017 George Halas Award, given to a player, coach or staff member in the NFL who overcomes adversity to succeed.
• His father, David Sr., graduated from the Naval Academy in 1980 where he played football for the Midshipmen.
• His younger brother, Paul, played defensive end and linebacker for Navy.
• His youngest brother, Scott, was an offensive lineman at UCLA and currently plays for the Los Angeles Chargers.
• The La Jolla, Calif., native was selected by the Houston Texans in the sixth round (176th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.
• Placed on reserve/non-football illness list on Aug. 25, 2014.
• Placed on reserve/non-football illness list on Sept. 1, 2015.
• Placed on reserve/non-football illness list on May 31, 2016.
• Reinstated by the Texans on Feb. 7, 2017.
• Waived by the Texans on Sept. 2, 2017 and added to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed to the Texans active roster off of the practice squad on Dec. 19, 2017.
• Waived by the Texans on Sept. 1, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans to the practice squad on Sept. 11, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans to a future's contract on Jan. 1, 2019.
• Waived by the Titans on Oct. 7, 2019 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Titans to a future's contract on Jan. 20, 2020.
• In four seasons at San Jose State (2009-12), Quessenberry appeared in 49 games, starting the final 37 contests he appeared in at left tackle.
• As a senior (2012), started all 12 games at left tackle and earned All-Western Athletic Conference first-team honors. Became the first offensive lineman in program history to play in the Senior Bowl after recording 32 touchdown-resulting blocks. Named a finalist for the Burlsworth Trophy, given to the top FBS player that began his career as a non-scholarship player.
• As a junior (2011), started all 12 games at left tackle and earned second-team All-WAC honors as a junior.
• As a sophomore (2010), started all 13 games after taking over left tackle duties. Also contributed on special teams as a punt protector and lineman on kick-scoring tries. Placed on scholarship prior to the beginning of the season after walking on as a freshman.
• As a redshirt freshman (2009), played in all 12 games as a reserve offensive tackle and extra tight end.
• As a freshman (2008), redshirted.
• Graduated from San Jose State in December 2012 with a degree in history.
• Attended La Costa Canyon (Calif.) High School where he helped lead the Mavericks to a 7-4 record as a senior.
• As a junior, the 6-foot-3 inch, 190-pounder helped the Mavericks reach a 9-3 record. He grew two inches and added 35 pounds to his frame following his junior season.
• Also lettered in lacrosse.
• Follow Quessenberry on Twitter and Instagram at @davidqberry.
• Born David Quessenberry on Aug. 24, 1990 in La Jolla, Calif.
Titans Promote LB Daren Bates, OL David Quessenberry to 53-Man Roster
Also Tuesday, the team signed linebacker Will Compton the practice squad after waiving him from the active roster on Monday. The Titans have also added offensive lineman Paul Adams, a Nashville native, to the team's practice squad.
|17||@Texans||W 41 - 38||1||1|
|16||@Packers||L 14 - 40||1||1|
|15||Lions||W 46 - 25||1||1|
|14||@Jaguars||W 31 - 10||1||1|
|13||Browns||L 35 - 41||1||1|
|12||@Colts||W 45 - 26||1||1|
|11||@Ravens||W 30 - 24||1||0|
|10||Colts||L 17 - 34||1||0|
|9||Bears||W 24 - 17||1||0|
|8||@Bengals||L 20 - 31||1||0|
|7||Steelers||L 24 - 27||1||0|
|5||Bills||W 42 - 16||1||0|
Offensive Line Career