|3||08/26/2023||Patriots||W 23 - 7||1||0|
|2||08/20/2023||@Vikings||W 24 - 16||1||0|
|1||08/12/2023||@Bears||L 17 - 23||1||0|
|2||09/17/2023||Chargers||W 27 - 24||1||1|
|1||09/10/2023||@Saints||L 15 - 16||0||0|
PRO: The Titans signed offensive lineman Xavier Newman as an undrafted free agent following the 2022 NFL Draft. He spent the majority of his rookie campaign on the practice squad and appeared in one game as a reserve. The 6-foot-2-inch, 297-pounder appeared in 47 games with 37 starts over five seasons at Baylor (2017-21). The Desoto, Texas, native possesses versatility, having made 28 starts at left guard, eight at right guard, and one contest at center. Newman earned Big 12 honorable mention recognition as a senior.
• While at Baylor, Newman served on mission trips to Puerto Rico (May 2018), and South Africa (May 2019). "Those two mission trips to Puerto Rico and South Africa changed my life," Newman said. "Those were the first times for me to be out of the country. Knowing we have it real good here compared to other people in other countries, it doesn't faze them that they don't have as much. We take for granted what we have, so that was a real big eye opener for me."
• A versatile lineman, Newman played left guard, center, and right guard while in college. "Honestly for me, it's really not that hard," Newman said. "I just take the approach to learn all three positions from the beginning, no matter what spot I'm at. Once the coaches tell me 'Hey I need you to go there,' I'm like 'I got you coach, it's cool.' I've already taken the time out to learn all three different positions.'"
• In the future, Newman wants to coach high school football in his home state of Texas and impact younger players the way past coaches have impacted him.
• The Desoto, Texas, native originally signed with the Titans as a rookie free agent following the 2022 NFL Draft.
• Waived by the Titans on Aug. 30, 2022 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Titans to the active roster from their practice squad on Dec. 23, 2022.
• Appeared in 47 games with 37 starts over five seasons at Baylor (2017-21) and made 28 starts at left guard, eight at right guard, and started one contest at center.
• As a graduate (2021), started all 14 games at left guard and helped pave the way for Baylor to average 219.3 rushing yards per game, ranking 10th nationally. Earned Big 12 honorable mention recognition.
• As a senior (2020), played in five games with four starts. Made three starts at left guard and one start at center.
• As a junior (2019), saw action in 10 games and made eight starts at right guard.
• As a sophomore (2018), appeared in seven games with three starts at left guard.
• As a freshman (2017), played in 11 games with eight starts at left guard.
• Graduated from Baylor in May 2021 with a degree in health, kinesiology and leisure studies.
• Attended Desoto (Texas) High School where he earned first team Class 6A all-state recognition as a senior after leading his team to a 16-0 record and a DII state championship.
• Ranked as the No. 37 prospect by ESPN, No. 49 by 247Sports, and No. 64 by Scout prospect in the state of Texas.
• Son of Michelle and Leon Brigham and the late Roderick Newman.
• Follow Newman on Twitter at @xaviernewman55 and on Instagram at @xaviernewman_.
• Born Xavier Newman on Aug. 4, 1999 in Desoto, Texas.