PRO: The Titans signed Teair Tart (first name pronounced "tee-AIR") as a rookie free agent following the 2020 NFL Draft. He registered seven total games played with one start during his rookie campaign. The 6-foot-2-inch, 304-pounder appeared in 23 games with 10 starts over two seasons at Florida International (2018-19), and totaled 51 tackles, 19.0 tackles for loss, six sacks, one pass defensed, five quarterback pressures and two forced fumbles.
• Tart traveled an unlikely road to the NFL. He played two years of high school basketball in his hometown of Philadelphia, Pa., at Palmer Leadership Learning Partners Charter School—a school that did not have a football program. Prior to his junior year, West Philadelphia High School's defensive coordinator, Karl Patrick, saw Tart playing in a basketball tournament and eventually convinced him to transfer and begin playing football for the first time in his life. Two years later, Tart continued his football career at ASA College in New York but left six games into his first season after an older brother, Rasheed Spencer, was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident. Time passed, and Tart headed to Valley Forge (Pa.) Military Academy, followed by stops at East Mississippi Community College and Ellsworth (Iowa) Community College before finding a home for his final two collegiate campaigns at Florida International.
• Tart is the second youngest of 11 children in his family.
• The Philadelphia, Pa., native was signed by the Titans as a rookie free agent on May 7, 2020.
• Waived by the Titans on Sept. 5, 2020 and signed to the practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 7, 2020.
• Appeared in 23 games with 10 starts over two seasons at Florida International and totaled 51 tackles, 19.0 tackles for loss, six sacks, one pass defensed, five quarterback pressures and two forced fumbles. Played at Ellsworth (Iowa) Community College in 2017 and ASA (N.Y.) College in 2016.
• As a senior (2019), appeared in 11 games and made eight starts. Tallied 32 tackles, a team-leading 12.0 tackles for loss, two sacks and one forced fumble.
• As a junior (2018), saw action in 12 games and made two starts. Posted 19 tackles, a team-high-tying seven tackles for loss, a team-leading four sacks, one pass defensed and one forced fumble.
• As a sophomore (2017), appeared in two games for Ellsworth (Iowa) Community College and tallied five tackles, two tackles for loss and a sack.
• As a freshman (2016), saw action in six games for ASA (N.Y.) College and amassed 12 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and five sacks.
• Graduated from Florida International in December 2019 with a degree in liberal studies.
• Attended West Philadelphia (Pa.) High School where he was a first team All-Public and second team Daily News All-City Selection in 2014.
• Played offensive and defensive line and helped guide his team to its first PIAA 3A title.
• Son of Louise and Gary Spencer.
• Follow Tart on Instagram @teair215 and on Twitter @speedboy_te715.
• Born Teair Tart on Feb. 28, 1997 in Philadelphia, Pa.