PRO: The Titans entered the 2023 offseason looking to add an experienced piece to their secondary. The club found just that when it signed Super Bowl Champion Sean Murphy-Bunting as an unrestricted free agent on March 21, 2023. The 6-foot, 195-pounder arrived in Tennessee having collected nine total interceptions, including three in the postseason, and 21 passes defensed in four seasons (2019-22) with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Murphy-Bunting originally entered the league as a second-round pick of the Buccaneers out of Central Michigan.
• In 2020, Murphy-Bunting won Super Bowl LV after starting all four postseason contests and collecting 19 tackles and a team-high three interceptions. He also set a career-high with 66 tackles in the regular season.
• Murphy-Bunting recorded an interception in each of his first three career playoff contests, joining Hall of Famers Aeneas Williams (four-consecutive games) and Ed Reed, as well as Jason Sehorn as the only four players in the Super Bowl era with an interception in each of their first three career postseason games.
• In 2019, Murphy-Bunting was selected to the PFWA All-Rookie team after tying for the lead among NFL rookies with three interceptions.
• In 2022, Murphy-Bunting hosted his SMB Champ Camp back home at Chippewa Valley High School. When greeting campers at midfield, Scott Merchant, the head coach at Chippewa Valley, surprised him by retiring his No. 1 jersey. It was the first number to be retired in the school's history.
• Murphy-Bunting attended Central Michigan on a grayshirt offer after receiving zero Division I offers. He made that offer pay off by shining on the field and being named All-Mid-American Conference first team and Central Michigan's Defensive Player of the Year in 2018.
• Murphy-Bunting teamed up with his mother, Kim Murphy, to found Successful Jocks, a non-profit organization dedicated to making a difference in the lives of student-athletes. In 2020, the organization donated $20,000 in scholarships to two recipients in Michigan and two in the Tampa area. Murphy-Bunting also pledged to donate money back to Successful Jocks for every interception and pass deflection during the 2020 season, and the Buccaneers matched his donation.
• The Macomb, Mich., native was selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the second round (39th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 21, 2023.
• Played in 38 career games with 25 starts at Central Michigan (2016-18), totaling 104 tackles, 15 passes defensed, nine interceptions, four forced fumbles, 3.5 stops for loss and a fumble recovery.
• As a junior (2018), named first-team All-Mid-American Conference and Chippewas' Defensive Player of the Year after starting 11 of 12 games and recording 37 tackles, five passes defensed, three stops for loss, two forced fumbles and a team-leading two interceptions.
• As a sophomore (2017), started all 13 games and registered 49 tackles, five passes defensed, five interceptions, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. His five interceptions tied for the second-most in the MAC, trailing only teammate Josh Cox.
• As a true freshman (2016), played in all 13 games with one start, notching 18 tackles, five passes defensed and two interceptions.
• Attended Chippewa Valley (Macomb, Mich.) High School.
• As a senior at Chippewa Valley, he became a two-way football standout as a receiver and defensive back.
• Also played basketball and baseball. Murphy-Bunting initially thought his future as a college athlete would be in baseball.
• Murphy-Bunting grew up in a home with five brothers.
• Follow Murphy-Bunting on Twitter at @seanbunting_.
• Follow Murphy-Bunting on Instagram at @seanmurphybunting.
• Born Sean Bunting on June 19, 1997 in Macomb Township, Mich.