PRO: The Titans signed Ross Blacklock to the team's practice squad midway through the 2023 season. The Texas Christian University product was originally a second round selection (40th overall) of the Houston Texas in the 2020 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-5-inch, 307-pounder has played in 41 games with three starts for three different franchises before arriving in Tennessee.
• Blacklock's father, Jimmy, played for and later served as a coach for the Harlem Globetrotters.
• The Missouri City, Texas, native was originally selected by the Houston Texas in the second round (40th overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
• Traded by the Houston Texans along with a 2023 seventh-round draft pick to the Minnesota Vikings for a 2023 sixth-round draft pick on Aug. 30, 2022.
• Released by the Vikings on Aug. 29, 2023
• Signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad on Sept. 4, 2023.
• Activated from the practice squad to the active roster standard elevation on Sept. 9, 2023.
• Released by the Jaguars on Oct. 23, 2023.
• Signed to the Indianapolis Colts practice squad on Oct. 24, 2023.
• Released by the Colts on Oct. 30, 2023.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Nov. 15, 2023.
• Appeared in 26 games over four season at Texas Christian University (2016-19) and totaled 67 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks.
• As a junior (2019), started all 12 games and tied for the team lead with 3.5 sacks, while adding nine tackles for loss and a single-season career-high 40 tackles. Was named First-Team All-Big 12, Associated Press Second-Team All-Big 12 and Honorable-Mention Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year.
• As a sophomore (2018), suffered a season-ending injury during preseason camp.
• As a redshirt freshman (2017), started all 14 games and totaled 27 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss and two sacks. Matched his single-game career high with five stops, including a season-best two tackles for loss in the Valero Alamo Bowl win over Stanford. Was named Football Writers Association of America Freshman All-American and the Big 12 Co-Defensive Freshman of the Year.
• As a freshman (2016), redshirted.
• Attended Elkins (Missouri City, Texas) High School where he posted 56 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, three sacks and 11 quarterback hurries as a senior, earning him an invite to play in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
• Rated a four-star defensive tackle by 247sports.com and ranked the fourth-best defensive tackle in Texas and the 18th-best in the country.
• Parents are Jimmy and Lisa Blacklock.
• Follow Blacklock on Twitter at @1krozayy and on Instagram at @1krozayy
• Born Ross Blacklock on July 9, 1998 in Missouri City, Texas.
|1||@Colts||W 31 - 21|
|12||Panthers||W 17 - 10||0||1||1||0||0||0||0||0|