Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
PRO: The Titans signed linebacker Nigel Harris to the practice squad during Week 6 of the 2018 season and elevated him to the active roster in Week 16 to provide depth to the linebacking corps. The 6-foot-2-inch, 225-pounder was originally signed by the Los Angeles Chargers as an undrafted free agent following the 2017 NFL Draft. The Tampa, Fla., native has also spent time with the New York Giants, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Arizona Cardinals, and appeared in eight games with one start between three different clubs as a rookie.
• In 2017, saw action in eight games with one start as a rookie and totaled nine tackles and three special teams stops.
• A native of Tampa, Fla., Harris stayed local for college and attended the University of South Florida. His brother, Brandon, and cousin, Lindsey Lamar, also played football for the Bulls.
• The Tampa, Fla., native originally signed with the Los Angeles Chargers as a rookie free agent following the 2017 NFL Draft.
• Waived by the Chargers on Oct. 16, 2017 and claimed by the New York Giants a day later.
• Waived by the Giants on Dec. 6, 2017.
• Signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to the team's practice squad on Dec. 13, 2017.
• Signed by the Buccaneers to their active roster from the team's practice squad on Dec. 20, 2017.
• Waived by the Buccaneers on Sept. 2, 2018.
• Signed by the Arizona Cardinals to the team's practice squad on Sept. 18, 2018.
• Waived by the Cardinals on Oct. 2, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans to their practice squad on Oct. 9, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the team's practice squad on Dec. 20, 2018.
• Played in 47 games with 41 starts over four seasons at South Florida (2013-16). Totaled 232 tackles, 27 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, two quarterback hurries, three interceptions, three passes defensed, eight forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. His eight career forced fumbles rank second all-time in program history.
• As a senior (2016), started all 13 games and posted a team-leading and career-high 78 tackles. Also recorded 9.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, one quarterback hurry, a career-high two interceptions and one pass defensed.
• As a junior (2015), played in 11 contests with 10 starts and notched 42 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, one interception and one forced fumble.
• As a sophomore (2014), started all 11 games and totaled 77 tackles, a career-high 10.5 tackles for loss, six forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
• Against Maryland (9/6/14), posted a team-leading 11 tackles, three tackles for loss, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. Was named AAC Defensive Player of the Week after his performance.
• As a freshman (2013), appeared in all 12 games with seven starts and totaled 35 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, one pass defensed, and one forced fumble.
• Graduated from South Florida in spring 2017.
• Attended Hillsborough (Fla.) High School and tallied 301 tackles, three sacks, seven quarterback pressures, four passes defensed, one interception, and three fumble recoveries.
• As a senior, was a first-team 6A All-State selection by the Associated Press, and a first-team All-Hillsborough selection.
• Son of Lindsey and Connie Harris.
• Follow Harris on Twitter and Instagram at @wiz_kidnookie7.
• Born Nigel Harris on Dec. 7, 1994 in Gainesville, Fla.
|16||Saints||L 28 - 38|
|2017||New York Giants||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2017||Los Angeles Chargers||5||1||6||3||3||0||0||0|
|2017||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||1||0|