PRO: The Titans signed Marcus Johnson to the team's practice squad during the 2020 postseason to add depth and experience to the receiving corps. The 6-foot-1-inch, 207-pounder has appeared in 34 career games with nine starts for the Philadelphia Eagles (2016-17) and Indianapolis Colts (2018-20), and has caught 42 passes for 679 yards and three touchdowns. The Clear Springs, Texas native has also spent time with the Seattle Seahawks. Johnson saw action in 42 games with 18 starts over four seasons at Texas (2012-15), and tallied 61 receptions for 793 yards and four touchdowns.
• In 2019, Johnson set career-highs in games started (six), receptions (17), receiving yards (277) and receiving touchdowns (two).
• During the 2018 offseason, Johnson was traded twice in six months. First, he was traded by the Philadelphia Eagles to the Seattle Seahawks. Then, after roster cuts, he was traded by Seattle to the Indianapolis Colts.
• Johnson posted 22 repetitions of 225 pounds on the bench press at the NFL Scouting Combine in 2016, more than any receiver that year.
• Father, Morlon, played basketball at Prairie View A&M.
• The Clear Springs, Texas native originally signed with the Philadelphia Eagles as a rookie free agent on May 5, 2016.
• Waived by the Eagles on Sept. 3, 2016.
• Signed by the Eagles to the team's practice squad on Sept. 5, 2016.
• Waived by the Eagles on Sept. 13, 2016.
• Signed by the Eagles to the team's practice squad on Dec. 2, 2016.
• Traded by the Eagles to the Seattle Seahawks on March 14, 2018.
• Traded by the Seahawks to the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 1, 2018.
• Waived by the Colts on Sept. 9, 2019.
• Signed by the Colts to the team's practice squad on Oct. 1, 2019.
• Signed by the Colts to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 9, 2019.
• Waived by the Colts on Sept. 5, 2020.
• Signed by the Colts to the team's practice squad on Sept. 23, 2020.
• Signed by the Colts to their active roster from the practice squad on Oct. 17, 2020.
• Waived by the Colts on Jan. 2, 2021.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Jan. 6, 2021.
• Appeared in 42 games with 18 starts over four seasons at Texas (2012-15) and accumulated 61 receptions for 793 yards and four touchdowns. Added 17 kick returns for 335 yards.
• As a senior (2015), saw action in 10 games and made seven starts. Finished third on the team with 12 receptions for 130 yards and one touchdown.
• As a junior (2014), played in all 13 games with seven starts and finished third on the squad in receptions (27) and receiving yards (313), with one receiving touchdown. Set career-high marks with 10 kick returns for 191 yards.
• As a sophomore (2013), appeared in 11 games and made four starts. Ranked fifth on the team in receptions (22), fourth in receiving yards (350), and caught a career-high two touchdowns. Added seven kick returns for 144 yards.
• As a true freshman (2012), saw action in eight games.
• Majored in physical culture and sports at Texas.
• Attended Clear Springs (Texas) High School where he accumulated 110 receptions for 2,051 yards and 21 touchdowns while rushing for 379 yards and one touchdown in his final three seasons.
• As a senior, selected to the Houston Chronicle's All-Greater Houston first team after catching 68 passes for 1,298 yards and 13 touchdowns.
• Named a second-team all-state kick returner by the Texas Sports Writers Association. Earned first-team all-district 24-5A recognition at wide receiver and kick returner. Named honorable mention All-State by the Associated Press.
• Ranked as the 79th-best wide recepver by ESPNU.
• Also lettered in track and field.
• Son of Morlon and Laquitha Johnson.
• Follow Johnson on Twitter and Instagram at @mojomdj.
• Born Marcus Johnson on Dec. 20, 1995 in Oklahoma City, Okla.
|7||Chiefs||W 27 - 3||0||0||0||1||5||5||5||0|
|6||Bills||W 34 - 31||0||0||0|
|5||@Jaguars||W 37 - 19||3||52||17.3||22||0|