Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
PRO: The Titans entered the 2018 offseason looking to add more experience to their secondary. The club found just that when it signed two-time Super Bowl Champion and two-time Pro Bowler Malcolm Butler as an unrestricted free agent on March 16, 2018. The 5-foot-11-inch, 190-pounder arrived in Tennessee having collected nine total interceptions and 56 passes defensed in four seasons (2014-17) with the New England Patriots. Butler originally entered the league as a rookie free agent out of West Alabama.
• Butler is a two-time Super Bowl champion, having captured the title with the New England Patriots in 2014 and 2016.
• In 2018, Butler led the Titans with 13 passes defensed and was second on the team with three interceptions in his first season with the Titans.
• In 2016, Butler was named to his second career Pro Bowl and received Associated Press second-team All-Pro honors after notching a career-high four interceptions and 17 passes defensed.
• In 2015, Butler made his first career Pro Bowl after posting 72 tackles, two interceptions and 15 passes defensed.
• As a rookie free agent in 2014, Butler was involved in one of the most clutch plays in Super Bowl history. With 26 seconds left in Super Bowl XLIX, he intercepted a pass intended for Ricardo Lockette at the goal line, preventing a go-ahead touchdown by the Seattle Seahawks, and sealing the Patriots' championship victory.
• In February 2017, the production company Narrative Capital acquired the rights to the story of Butler for a film tentatively titled "The Secondary."
• Following Butler's crucial goal line interception to seal Super Bowl XLIX, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who received a 2015 Chevrolet Colorado as part of his Super Bowl XLIX MVP Award, requested Chevrolet award the truck directly to Butler.
• Prior to securing a rookie free agent tryout with the Patriots in 2014, Butler was operating the fryolator at a Popeye's restaurant.
• The Vicksburg, Miss., native was signed by the New England Patriots as a rookie free agent on May 19, 2014.
• Signed by the Titans as a unrestricted free agent on March 16, 2018.
• Played two seasons at West Alabama after transferring from Hinds (Miss.) Community College. Was a two-time first team All-Gulf South Conference selection at cornerback as a junior and senior.
• Played in 25 games at West Alabama and compiled 94 tackles, seven interceptions, 27 passes defensed and blocked a field goal. Also returned kickoffs and punts.
• As a senior (2013), named first-team All-Gulf South Conference selection at cornerback led the GSC with 18 passes defensed. Posted 45 tackles, two interceptions, one returned for a touchdown and blocked a field goal.
• As a junior (2012), selected a first-team All-Gulf South Conference selection after starting 12 games and tallying 49 tackles, five interceptions and 14 passes defensed. Intercepted three passes in a game against West Georgia.
• Recorded 43 tackles with three interceptions and 12 broken up passes as a sophomore at Hinds (Miss.) Community College. Averaged 15 yards per interception return, including one for a score.
• Transferred to Alcorn State University before being invited back to Hinds Community College in 2011.
• Played in five games as a freshman (2010), making 22 tackles and picking off one pass at Hinds.
• Majored in physical education at West Alabama.
• Played for Coach Alonzo Stevens at Vicksburg High School and averaged five tackles per game as a senior.
• Despite only playing football as a freshman and senior at Vicksburg, Butler earned a scholarship to Hinds Community College in Raymond, Miss.
• Also participated in track & field at Vicksburg, where he competed in sprint events and jumps. Posted personal-bests of 12.07 seconds in the 100-meter dash, 1.83 meters (6'0") in the high jump, and 6.92 meters (22'8.5") in the long jump.
• Son of Deborah Butler and is one of five children.
• Follow Butler on Twitter and Instagram at @Mac_BZ.
• Born Malcolm Terel Butler on March 2, 1990, in Vicksburg, Miss.