PRO: The Titans signed fullback/running back Khari Blasingame off the Minnesota Vikings' practice squad during the 2019 season to provide depth in the backfield and on special teams. Blasingame originally signed with the Vikings as a rookie free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft and spent the first 10 weeks of his rookie campaign on the club's practice squad. The 6-foot, 233-pounder appeared in 21 games with 10 starts for the Titans during his first two seasons (2019-20) with the team. He amassed 997 rushing yards and 15 rushing scores as well as 35 catches for 380 yards and two receiving touchdowns during his collegiate career at Vanderbilt.
• In 2020, Blasingame saw action a career-high 15 games with seven starts at fullback and helped Derrick Henry become the eighth player in NFL history to eclipse 2,000 rushing yards in a season.
• After his football career, Blasingame's goal is to become the CEO of a hospital or health care system. Once there, he wants to focus on improving health care outcomes for disadvantaged populations. He earned his undergraduate degree in medicine, health and society from Vanderbilt in 2017 and received his master's degree in education during the 2021 offseason, after playing his final collegiate season in 2018 as a graduate student.
• Blasingame enjoys playing the saxophone.
• Blasingame originally started his Vanderbilt career at linebacker before transitioning to running back as a sophomore in 2016.
• The New Market, Ala., native was originally signed by the Minnesota Vikings as a rookie free agent on May 3, 2019.
• Waived by the Vikings on Aug. 31, 2019 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the Minnesota Vikings' practice squad on Nov. 13, 2019.
• Helped revitalize Vanderbilt's football program, advancing to Independence Bowl against N.C. State in 2016 and Texas Bowl against Baylor in 2018. Capped his collegiate career with CoSIDA Academic All-District honors in 2017 and 2018 and SEC Academic Honor Roll recognition from 2015-17.
• As a graduate student (2018), played in all 13 games with two starts and rushed for 401 yards and five touchdowns on 96 attempts, while adding 25 receptions for 320 yards and a score.
• As a junior (2017), participated in 11 games with one start at running back. As the top reserve to Commodores all-time leading rusher Ralph Webb, produced 147 yards on 45 carries.
• As a sophomore (2016), after moving from linebacker to running back in spring drills, played in all 13 games at running back and on special team return units. Finished the season second on the squad with 449 rushing yards and 10 rushing touchdowns on 97 carries. Also registered four receptions.
• As a redshirt freshman (2015), played in 11 games, contributing at inside linebacker and on special teams.
• In 2014, did not see action as a true freshman.
• Earned an undergraduate degree in medicine, health and society from Vanderbilt in May 2017 and a Master's of Education from Vanderbilt's Peabody College in May 2021.
• Named second team All-State as a defensive back at Buckhorn (Huntsville, Ala.) High School.
• As a senior, posted 64 solo tackles and pair of interceptions as a safety. Also rushed for 966 yards and 10 touchdowns.
• Started at cornerback during junior and sophomore seasons.
• Played baseball and did sprints and jumps on the track and field squad at Buckhorn.
• Served as school ambassador and member of National Honor Society.
• Son of Stanley and Tara Blasingame and has an older sister, Camara.
• Born Khari Thomas Blasingame on July 1, 1996 in Huntsville, Ala.
Blasingame is Balling on 50-yard Catch and Run | Game Highlights
Tennessee Titans running back Khari Blasingame hauls in a pass and picks up 50 yards against the Chicago Bears.
Khari Blasingame: It's the Overall Mindset of the Team
Titans fullback Khari Blasingame speaks with reporters during a virtual press conference on Friday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Khari Blasingame: We Go Out There, Have Fun, and Do Our Job
Titans fullback/running back Khari Blasingame addresses reporters during a virtual press conference on Friday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Khari Blasingame: Stakes Are Higher, More Urgency this Week
Titans fullback Khari Blasingame speaks with reporters on Monday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
My Draft Story: Titans FB Khari Blasingame
Titans fullback Khari Blasingame recalls being signed as an undrafted free agent by the Minnesota Vikings following the 2019 NFL Draft.
Khari Blasingame's Secret Talent | Behind the Flame
Learn about Khari Blasingame's secret musical talent, his favorite cartoon, and how his football path let him to nearby Vanderbilt en route to the NFL in this week's 'Behind the Flame.'
Khari Blasingame Bursts for 23 Yards Down Sideline on Play Action
Tennessee Titans tight end Khari Blasingame bursts for 23 yards down the sideline on a play action pass from Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill.
Khari Blasingame Corrals Ryan Tannehill's Sideline Jump Ball for 24-yard Gain
Tennessee Titans tight end Khari Blasingame corrals Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill's sideline jump ball for a 24-yard gain.
Titans Activate FB Khari Blasingame from Reserve/COVID-19 List
Earlier, the Titans activated defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons, receiver Adam Humphries, defensive lineman DaQuan Jones, long snapper Beau Brinkley, cornerback Kristian Fulton, tackle Isaiah Wilson to the 53-man roster, along with receiver Cam Batson and cornerback Greg Mabin from the team's Reserve/COVID-19 list.
|6||Bills||W 34 - 31|
|5||@Jaguars||W 37 - 19|
|4||@Jets||L 24 - 27|
|3||Colts||W 25 - 16|
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38|