PRO: The Titans signed Kevin Rader to their practice squad just before the start of the 2022 regular season and elevated him to the active roster prior to Week 3. Prior to his arrival in Tennessee, the 6-foot-4-inch, 250-pounder played in seven games with two starts and amassed two receptions for eight yards with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Rader was originally signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent following the 2018 NFL Draft. The Pittsburgh, Pa., native spent the last two campaigns with the Steelers.
• In 2022, Rader established career-best totals with 14 games played, two starts and nine special teams tackles.
• In 2021, Rader set career-high marks with two receptions for eight yards in six games.
• Rader went on an 8,000-calorie-a-day diet one offseason in college in order to try to add 50 extra pounds and bulk up for the following season.
• As a senior, Rader was the recipient of the William Wallace Watson Scholarship which is given to a passionate Youngstown State student-athlete for whom it will make a difference in their life.
• The Pittsburgh, Pa., native was signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent on May 4, 2018.
• Waived by the Packers on Sept. 1, 2018.
• Signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers to a reserve/futures contract on Jan. 9, 2019.
• Waived by the Steelers on Aug. 31, 2019 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Waived by the Steelers on Sept. 5, 2020 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Steelers to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 24, 2020.
• Waived by the Steelers on Aug. 31, 2021 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Steelers to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 8, 2021.
• Waived by the Steelers on Aug. 30, 2022.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Sept. 1, 2022.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's active roster off of the practice squad on Sept. 22, 2022.
• Played in 45 games over four seasons at Youngstown State (2014-17) and caught 41 passes for 601 yards and four touchdowns during his career.
• As a senior (2017), started in 11 games and tallied 22 receptions for 272 yards and two touchdowns.
• As a junior (2016), played in a career-high 16 games with 13 starts and tallied 17 receptions for 285 yards and two touchdowns.
• As a sophomore (2015), saw action in 11 games with two starts, recording two catches for 44 yards in his first season playing tight end.
• As a redshirt freshman (2014), played in five games as a reserve on the defensive line and recorded one tackle.
• Redshirted in 2013.
• Majored in management at Youngstown State.
• Attended Pine Richland (Pa.) High School and was an all-conference selection as a defensive end.
• Son of Janet and Eric Rader.
• Has one brother and one sister.
• Born Kevin Charles Rader on April 26, 1995 in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Titans TE Kevin Rader Manages Diabetes Like a Pro, and He Hopes to Inspire Others While Bringing Attention to JDRF as Part of 'My Cause, My Cleats' Campaign
As part of the NFL's 'My Cause, My Cleats' campaign, Rader plans to wear cleats that bring attention to JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation). The words "Improving Lives Curing Type 1 Diabetes" will be inscribed on the colorful shoes.
|4||Bengals||W 27 - 3|
|5||@Colts||L 16 - 23|
|6||Ravens||L 16 - 24|
|8||Falcons||W 28 - 23|
|9||@Steelers||L 16 - 20|
|10||@Buccaneers||L 6 - 20|
|11||@Jaguars||L 14 - 34|
|12||Panthers||W 17 - 10|
|13||Colts||L 28 - 31|