Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
PRO: The Titans selected Jayon Brown in the fifth round of the 2017 NFL Draft. The 6-foot, 226-pound defender was identified quickly as the defense's nickel linebacker and played extensively as a rookie. In his second season, he emerged as one of the defense's top playmakers, finishing second on the squad in total tackles (107) and sacks (six). He possesses tremendous speed for the position and excels at covering tight ends and running backs. At UCLA, he was a two-year starter and led the team in tackles during his junior and senior campaigns.
• In 2018, he finished second on the defense with 107 tackles and six sacks, and his 18 quarterback pressures tied for the second-highest total on the team. He was one of only six NFL linebackers with at least six sacks, one interception, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery during the season.
• Against Indianapolis on Dec. 30, 2019, he recorded his first career interception and returned the ball 22 yards for his first career touchdown. He later recorded a forced fumble and fumble recovery, and in doing so, he became the third NFL player in 2018 to record an interception for a touchdown, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in the same game (Bobby Wagner, Khalil Mack). Brown became the first Titans player to accomplish the feat since at least 1993.
• As a rookie in 2017, Brown appeared in every game as the team's nickel linebacker. He registered 67 tackles, which tied for the 10th-highest total by a "Titans era" rookie (1999–present) and ranked fifth among the team's rookie linebackers in that span.
• Brown went to the same California high school, Long Beach Poly, as Titans teammate Jurrell Casey. Brown's older brother, Juwuan, was Jurrell's teammate there.
• He likes spending as much time as possible with his dogs, "a mutt named Lou" and a Rottweiler named Kali. He also enjoys puzzles and watching movies.
• Former Long Beach Poly and New England Patriots star Willie McGinest is a close friend of the Brown family.
• Brown's younger brother, Joshua, is a defensive end at the University of Arizona, and his two older brothers also played college football. Jason played linebacker at Idaho, while Juwuan was a defensive lineman at Southern Oregon.
• The Long Beach, Calif., native was selected by the Titans in the fifth round (155th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
• In four seasons at UCLA (2013-16), Brown appeared in 49 games with 21 starts and totaled 220 tackles, three sacks, nine tackles for loss, three interceptions, 15 passes defensed, one forced fumble and four fumble recoveries. He started 21 games over his final two seasons and totaled nine games with double-digit tackles.
• As a senior (2016), played and started 12 games and led the Bruins with 119 tackles, which tied for 16th on the all-time school single-season list. Added 2.5 sacks, seven tackles for loss (ranked third on team), three interceptions (ranked third on team), 23 passes defensed and two fumble recoveries. Named first-team All-Pac-12 Conference. Ranked ninth in the country and led the Pac-12 with 9.9 total tackles per game. Tied for 10th in the Pac-12 in interceptions. Became the first UCLA player with 100 tackles in a season since Eric Kendricks (149) in 2014.
• As a junior (2015), saw action in 12 games with nine starts, entering the starting lineup after an injury to Myles Jack. Went on to lead the team with 93 tackles and ranked second on the squad with six passes defensed.
• As a sophomore (2014), saw action in 12 games, primarily as a special teams player. Credited with two tackles on the year. Returned five kickoffs for 42 total yards.
• As a freshman (2013), appeared in all 13 games as a special teams player and reserve linebacker and made six tackles on the season. Presented with the John Boncheff, Jr. Award for Rookie of the Year on special teams at the team's annual banquet. Earned a spot on the Athletic Director's Academic Honor Roll.
• Graduated from UCLA in spring 2017 with a degree in political science.
• Attended Long Beach (Calif.) Poly High School, where he became a three-star recruit according to Scout.com and Rivals.com. Ranked as the No. 87 outside linebacker in the nation according to Scout.com and the No. 17 OLB in the West. Rated as ESPN.com's No. 122 outside linebacker in the nation and the No. 156-rated recruit in the state of California. Earned PrepStar All-West Region honors.
• As a senior, helped lead his team to 12-4 and was credited with 112 tackles and 11.5 tackles for loss. Named CIF Pac-5 Division Defensive Player of the Year, a first-team All-CIF Pac-5 Division selection and Long Beach Press-Telegram's Dream Team.
• List of favorites: (TV show) "Game of Thrones"; (movies) "Interstellar" and "Friday"; (musicians) Future and Rae Sremmurd; (food) Mexican food; and (guilty pleasure) Flamin' Hot Cheetos.
• Follow Brown on Twitter and Instagram at @JayonBrown12.
• Born Jayon Lee Brown on Feb. 26, 1995 in Long Beach, Calif.
Six Things Standing Out for Titans Heading into Steelers Week
Training camp is technically over for the Titans, who now have two preseason games under their belts. Here's a look at six things standing out for the Titans as they prepare to face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday in preseason game No.3.
|17||@Texans||W 35 - 14||3||2||1||0||0||0|
|16||Saints||L 28 - 38||7||6||1||0||0||0|
|15||Texans||L 21 - 24||8||5||3||0||1||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|14||@Raiders||W 42 - 21||7||2||5||0||0||0||0||1|
|13||@Colts||W 31 - 17||8||4||4||0||1||0|
|12||Jaguars||W 42 - 20||11||7||4||0||0||0|
|10||Chiefs||W 35 - 32|
|9||@Panthers||L 20 - 30||8||4||4||0||0||0|
|8||Buccaneers||W 27 - 23||5||2||3||0||2||0|
|7||Chargers||W 23 - 20|
|6||@Broncos||L 0 - 16||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|5||Bills||L 7 - 14||7||7||0||0||0||0|
|4||@Falcons||W 24 - 10||7||3||4||1||1||0|
|3||@Jaguars||L 7 - 20||11||7||4||0||0||0|
|2||Colts||L 17 - 19||8||6||2||0||1||0|
|1||@Browns||W 43 - 13||2||1||1||0||2||0|