Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
PRO: The Titans signed Cole Herdman during the 2020 offseason to add depth and competition to the team's tight end corps. The 6-foot-4-inch, 238-pounder spent time during his rookie season in 2019 on the practice squads for the Baltimore Ravens and the Detroit Lions. The Purdue product was originally signed by Baltimore as a rookie free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft.
• After graduating from Purdue with a degree in selling and sales management, Herdman began pursuing his master's degree in health and kinesiology with an eye toward medical and pharmaceutical sales.
• Herdman's choices of schools came down to Purdue or Virginia Tech, where his uncle previously played college football and many other family members attended. Ultimately Purdue's coaching staff won him over and convinced him to become a Boilermaker.
• Herdman trained in Nashville prior to the 2019 NFL Draft.
• The Leesburg, Va., native was originally signed by the Baltimore Ravens as a rookie free agent on May 3, 2019.
• Waived by the Ravens on Aug. 31, 2019.
• Signed by the Ravens to their practice squad on Sept. 18, 2019.
• Released by the Ravens on Oct. 8, 2019.
• Signed by the Detroit Lions to their practice squad on Dec. 4, 2019.
• Released by the Lions on Dec. 9, 2019.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on Feb. 4, 2020.
2019 (0/0 - Baltimore; 0/0 - Detroit): Spent Weeks 3-5 on the practice squad for the Ravens and Week 14 on the practice squad for the Lions.
• Appeared in 48 games (31 starts) at Purdue, recording 91 receptions for 1,010 yards (11.1 avg.) and eight touchdowns during his career with the Boilermakers.
• As a senior in 2018, played in 12 games (10 starts) and hauled in 18 catches for 196 yards.
• Appeared in 12 games (eight starts) as a junior and finished the season having caught a pass in 29 consecutive contests. Posted 20 receptions for 331 yards and three touchdowns on the season.
• As a sophomore in 2016, had his best year statistically, recording 35 receptions for 344 yards and three touchdowns. Registered a career day with seven catches for 104 yards and a touchdown against Iowa.
• As a redshirt freshman in 2015, played in 12 games (two starts) and posted 18 catches for 139 yards and two scores.
• Redshirted in 2014.
• Graduated from Purdue with a degree in selling and sales management.
• Attended Flint Hill School (Oakton, VA), where he was a two-year letterwinner in football.
• A two-time VISAA All-State selection, he averaged 10.9 yards per catch and had three touchdowns as a senior. He also recorded 80 tackles, three fumble recoveries, three interceptions and two sacks at linebacker.
• Follow Herdman on Twitter and on Instagram at @Cherdman88
• Born Cole Matthew Herdman on June 27, 1995 in Leesburg, Va.