|3||08/28/2021||Bears||L 24 - 27||3||3||0||0||0||0|
|2||08/21/2021||@Buccaneers||W 34 - 3|
|1||08/13/2021||@Falcons||W 23 - 3|
|6||10/19/2021||Bills||W 34 - 31||2||2||0||0||0||0|
|5||10/10/2021||@Jaguars||W 37 - 19||2||2||0||0||1||0|
|4||10/03/2021||@Jets||L 24 - 27|
|3||09/26/2021||Colts||W 25 - 16|
|2||09/19/2021||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30|
|1||09/12/2021||Cardinals||L 13 - 38|
PRO: The Titans selected Caleb Farley with the 22nd overall pick in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-2 inch, 197-pound defender possesses a rare combination of size and speed for an athlete at his position. The Maiden, N.C., native only began playing cornerback as a redshirt freshman at Virginia Tech after switching from wide receiver. He took to his new position quickly, intercepting six passes in 24 games with the Hokies.
• In 2019, Farley's final season at Virginia Tech, he was named first team All-ACC after he led the conference with 16 passes defensed. His four interceptions tied for second place in the conference.
• Farley intercepted two passes in his first collegiate game—and his first game ever playing cornerback—at Florida State on Sept. 3, 2018.
• Farley credits his late mother, Robin Farley, for instilling in him the faith that has carried him through hard times. Robin lost her life to breast cancer on Jan. 2, 2018, but not before providing him lessons that continue to instruct his life. "She filled my heart with the love of God," Caleb says, "and that's why I am where I am today."
• Growing up he was a big fan of boxer Floyd Mayweather and made it a point to watch all of Mayweather's fights.
• Farley was the third Virginia Tech cornerback selected in the first round in the NFL's "common draft" era (since 1967), joining DeAngelo Hall (2004) and Kyle Fuller (2014). At the age of nine, he met Hall at a youth track-and-field event and got Hall to sign one of the medals he won. He still has the memento.
• Farley is a movie buff. His favorites include "Braveheart," "Troy" and "The Count of Monte Cristo."
• The Maiden, N.C., native was selected by the Titans in the first round (22nd overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.
• During two seasons at Virginia Tech, Farley appeared in 24 games with 23 starts, seeing action in his redshirt sophomore and redshirt junior campaigns. His career totals included six interceptions, 25 passes defensed, 56 tackles, one sack, two quarterback hits and seven kickoff returns for 152 yards (21.7 avg.). He was a medical redshirt as a true freshman and opted out of the 2020 campaign due to COVID-19 concerns.
AS A REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2020), opted out of the season during the COVID-19 pandemic.
AS A REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE (2019), started all 11 games in which he appeared. Named first team All-ACC after leading the conference with 16 passes defensed and tying for second in the conference with four interceptions. Also totaled 20 tackles and a quarterback hit.
• At Boston College (8/31), tied a career high with four tackles and also had two pass breakups.
• Against Furman (9/14), registered an interception.
• At Miami (10/5), recorded a pair of interceptions.
• Against North Carolina (10/19), posted a career-best four passes defensed.
• At Georgia Tech (11/16), recorded his first career touchdown on a 17-yard interception return.
AS A REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2018), appeared in 13 games with 12 starts. Earned honorable mention for the Mayo Clinic Comeback Player of the Year Award. Registered 36 tackles, one tackle for loss, one sack, two interceptions, nine passes defensed and one quarterback hit. Also added seven kickoff returns for 152 total yards (21.7 avg.).
• At Florida State (9/3), registered a sack and two interceptions against the 19th-ranked Seminoles in his first collegiate game. Named ACC Defensive Back of the Week.
AS A TRUE FRESHMAN (2017), redshirted.
• Majored in communication studies at Virginia Tech.
• Attended Maiden (N.C.) High School, where he played quarterback for the Blue Devils. His 124 career touchdowns ranked sixth in the state's record book at the time of his graduation.
• As a senior in 2016, he was named the Southern District 7 Player of the Year. Earned second team All-State honors and set a Maiden school record for rushing in a single season with 2,574 yards. Rushed for 37 touchdowns in addition to his 1,776 passing yards and 21 passing touchdowns. His 58 total touchdowns in a single season ranked third in North Carolina history. Set the state record for touchdowns in a game twice, in back-to-back games, with eight in each contest.
• As a junior, passed for 1,831 yards and 20 touchdowns and rushed for 1,534 yards and 18 touchdowns.
• Also participated in track and field (100, 200, 4x100, long jump) and basketball (point guard).
• Follow Farley on Twitter at @IamCalebFarley and on Instagram at @cr_farley.
• Son of Robert and Robin Farley.
• Has a dog, a Presa Canario named Legend.
• Has one brother, Joshua, who competed in track and field at Appalachian State.
• Born Caleb Ray Farley on Nov. 2, 1998 in Maiden, N.C.