PRO: The Titans signed free agent Brooks Reed to the practice squad during Week 12 of the 2020 season to provide depth and veteran experience to the outside linebacking corps. The 6-foot-3-inch, 254-pounder has appeared in 129 career games with 86 starts over 10 seasons with the Houston Texans (2011-14), Atlanta Falcons (2015-18) and Arizona Cardinals (2019). His career totals include 273 tackles, 22.5 sacks, 55 quarterback pressures, 36 tackles for loss, one interception, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. The Sabino, Ariz., native was originally drafted by the Texans in the second round (42nd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
• Reed's brother, Lucas, played tight end at New Mexico. He signed with the Denver Broncos as a rookie free agent following the 2013 NFL Draft.
• As a rookie in 2011, set a Texans rookie franchise record with six sacks.
• The Sabino, Ariz., native was originally drafted by the Houston Texans in the second round (42nd overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
• Signed by the Atlanta Falcons as a free agent on March 10, 2015.
• Waived by the Falcons on Feb. 7, 2019.
• Signed by the Arizona Cardinals on Feb. 9, 2019.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Nov. 30, 2020.
• Appeared in 34 games and made 45 starts over four seasons (2007-10) at Arizona. Totaled 114 tackles, 17.0 sacks, 25 tackles for loss, four passes defensed and four forced fumbles for the Wildcats. Switched to defensive end after playing his freshman season at H-back.
• As a senior (2010), started all 13 games and tallied a career-best 47 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, two passes defensed and one forced fumble. Earned first team All-Pac-10 honors.
• As a junior (2009), appeared in 10 games and made eight starts. Recorded 23 tackles and 2.0 sacls.
• As a sophomore (2008), started all 13 games in his first full season playing defensive end. Totaled 38 tackles, a team-high 8.0 sacks, 9.5 tackles for loss, two passes defensed and three forced fumbles. Garnered All-Pac-10 honorable mention honors.
• As a redshirt freshman (2007), after beginning the season as an H-back, switched to defensive end and saw action in the final nine games. Posted seven tackles and one half sack.
• Redshirted in 2006.
• Majored in geography at Arizona.
• Attended Sabino (Ariz.) High School where he earned Tucson Citizen first team All-3A-4A and Arizona Daily Star first team All-Southern Arizona honors as a senior defensive lineman in 2005.
• As a junior in 2004, earned first team all-league, honorable mention all-state, and Arizona Daily Star All-Southern Arizona honors as a running back.
• Son of Bob Reed and Kathleen Knight.
• Has one brother, Lucas, and one sister, Katie.
• Follow Reed on Instagram and Twitter @brooksreed50.
• Born Brooks Reed on Feb. 28, 1987 in Sabino, Ariz.
|17||@Texans||W 41 - 38||3||2||1||1||0||0|
|16||@Packers||L 14 - 40||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|15||Lions||W 46 - 25|