PRO: The Titans signed free agent Briean Boddy-Calhoun during the 2021 offseason to add depth to the cornerback rotation. The 5-foot-9-inch, 193-pounder has appeared in 47 regular season games with 22 starts and amased 141 tackles, three sacks, three interceptions, one touchdown, two forced fumbles, and 19 pass defensed with stops in Cleveland (2016-18), Indianapolis (2019), Houston (2019) and San Francisco (2020). Boddy-Calhoun originally entered the NFL after signing with the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent on May 6, 2016.
• In 2018, he set career highs in games (16), games started (8), tackles (56) and quarterback hits (3) with Cleveland.
• In 2016, he became the first Browns rookie ever with a pick-six in thier NFL debut after scoring a 27-yard touchdown at Miami on Sept. 25.
• In 2016, he also tied for the most interceptions among all NFL rookies.
• Briean hyphenated his last name when he was in college from Boddy to Boddy-Calhoun to honor both of his parents.
• The Wilmington, Del., native was originally signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent on May 1, 2016.
• Waived by the Jaguars on Sept. 3, 2016.
• Claimed by Cleveland Browns off waivers from Jaguars on Sept. 4, 2016.
• Signed by Houston Texans as a free agent on March 15, 2019.
• Waived by the Texans on Aug. 31, 2019.
• Signed by the Texans on Oct. 30, 2019.
• Waived by the Texans on Nov. 13, 2019.
• Signed by the Indianapolis Colts on Dec. 18, 2019.
• Signed to the San Francisco 49ers practice squad on Dec. 9, 2020.
• Signed by the 49ers to the team's active roster off of the practice squad on Dec. 12, 2020.
• Waived by the 49ers on Dec. 14, 2020.
• Signed to the 49ers practice squad on Dec. 16, 2020.
• Waived off the 49ers practice squad on Jan. 4, 2020.
• Signed by the 49ers on March 17, 2021.
• Waived by the 49ers on June 7, 2021.
• Signed by the Tennessee Titans as a free agent on July 28, 2021.
• Waived by the Titans on Aug. 31, 2021.
• Signed to the Titans practice squad on Sept. 1, 2021.
• Appeared in 38 games for the University of Minnesota and recorded 10 career interceptions, two touchdowns, 113 career tackles, 16 passes defensed and two forced fumbles.
• As a senior (2015), appeared in 11 games with nine starts and recorded 48 tackles and four interceptions with one returned for a touchdown. He was named a two-time All-Big Ten honoree.
• As a junior (2014), played in 13 games with 10 starts and tallied 51 tackles, five interceptions, nine pass defensed, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. He earned All-Big Ten first team honors from the media and All-Big-Ten second team by the conference coaches.
• In 2013, he suffered a season-end knee injury in the second game of the season and received a medical redshirt from the NCAA.
• As a sophomore (2012), saw action in all 13 games and made nine tackles.
• Transferred to Minnesota from Coffeyville Community College (Kan.) where he earned second-team all-conference honors.
• Earned a bachelor's degree in elementary education from Minnesota.
• Attended Wilmington Delcastle Technical High School in Wilmington, Del.
• Earned first-team all-conference accolades as a defensive back and kick returner in 2010 as well as first team all-state defensive back and second team all-state kick returner as a senior.
• A standout in track and field and basketball, he earned all-state honors as a high jumper and was a two-time all-conference selection as a point guard in basketball as well as third team all-state in basketball as a senior.
• Name is pronounced BREE-in BOD-ee.
• Follow Boddy-Calhoun on Instagram at @highlifebeamer and on Twitter at @darthBoCa.