|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
PRO: The Titans signed veteran cornerback Breon Borders to the practice squad during Week 3 of the 2020 season to bring experience to the secondary. The 6-foot, 189-pounder originally signed with the Oakland Raiders as a rookie free agent following the 2017 NFL Draft and has also spent time with the Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Washington Football Team, Pittsburgh Steelers and Miami Dolphins. The Statesville, N.C., native has appeared in 13 career games with one start and recorded seven tackles and one fumble recovery.
• In 2019, Borders appeared in a career-best 12 games and made his first NFL start. Recorded career-highs with seven tackles and one fumble recovery.
• Borders can play the piano.
• His dream job outside of sports would be the CEO of an after-school athletic program.
• The Statesville, N.C., native was signed by the Oakland Raiders as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2017.
• Waived by the Raiders on Sept. 2, 2017 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Buffalo Bills to their active roster on Dec. 16, 2017.
• Waived by Buffalo on Sept. 1, 2018.
• Signed by the Houston Texans to the team's practice squad on Sept. 11, 2018.
• Waived by Houston on Oct. 2, 2018.
• Signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars to the team's practice squad on Oct. 25, 2018.
• Signed by the Jaguars to the team's active roster off of the practice squad on Dec. 22, 2018.
• Waived by the Jaguars on Dec. 3, 2019.
• Signed by the Jaguars to the team's practice squad on Dec. 5, 2019.
• Signed by the Washington Football Team to their active roster on Dec. 24, 2019.
• Waived by Washington on March 23, 2020.
• Signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers on April 16, 2020.
• Waived by the Steelers on Aug. 11, 2020.
• Claimed off of waivers by the Miami Dolphins on Aug. 12, 2020.
• Waived by the Dolphins on Sept. 5, 2020.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Sept. 21, 2020.
• Activated from the practice squad to the active roster standard elevation on Oct. 31, 2020.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 7, 2020.
• Played in 49 games with 35 starts over four seasons (2013-16) at Duke. Totaled 148 tackles, 7.0 tackles for loss, 1.0 sack, 46 passes defensed, 12 interceptions, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and one blocked field goal. Finished his career ranked third in passes defensed and tied for sixth in interceptions in program history.
• As a senior (2016), started nine games and recorded 27 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, two interceptions, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. Earned third team All-ACC honors from the league's coaches.
• As a junior (2015), started all 13 games and posted 56 tackles, 4.0 tackles for loss, 1.0 sack and a team-leading three interceptions. Led Duke in interceptions for the third consecutive season and became the third player in school history to lead the team in interceptions in freshman, sophomore and junior seasons. Earned Duke's Iron Devil Award for playing the most snaps with 1,118.
• As a sophomore (2014), started all 13 games and posted 39 tackles, 0.5 tackle for loss, a team-high three interceptions, one fumble recovery and one blocked field goal.
• As a freshman (2013), played in all 14 games and registered 26 tackles and a team-leading four interceptions. Set the Duke freshman record for interceptions.
• Majored in cultural anthropology at Duke.
• Attended Statesville (N.C.) High School where he posted 91 tackles, seven interceptions, three forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries for touchdowns as a senior.
• Also lettered in basketball and track and field, and was a three-time all-conference and all-county selection in track and field.
• Son of Chaketa Borders and Kaseem Miller.
• Has a son, Breon Jr.
• Born Breon Borders on July 22, 1995 in Statesville, N.C.