PRO: The Titans signed Josh Thompson from the Jacksonville Jaguars' practice squad prior to Week 7 to add depth on special teams coverage units and in the secondary. He appeared in six games and registered four special teams tackles. The 6-foot, 194-pounder appeared in 45 games with 22 starts over five seasons at the University of Texas (2017-21). The Nacogdoches, Texas, native was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars and spent the first six weeks of the 2022 season on the team's practice squad before joining the Titans' active roster.
• The Nacogdoches, Texas, native was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as a rookie free agent on May 2, 2022.
• Released by the Jaguars on Aug. 31, 2022 and signed to the team's practice squad two days later.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's active roster off of the Jaguars' practice squad on Oct. 17, 2022.
• Appeared in 45 games with 22 starts over five seasons at the University of Texas (2017-21). Totaled 109 career tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, two interceptions, nine passes defensed and a fumble recovery. Added eight kick returns for 169 yards.
• As a senior (2021), started nine games and recorded 34 tackles, a tackle for loss, a fumble recovery, an interception that he returned for a touchdown, a quarterback hurry and two passes defensed.
• As a redshirt junior (2020), started all 10 games and notched 28 tackles, three tackles for loss, three pass breakups, two quarterback hurries and an interception.
• As a junior (2019), saw action in the first four games of the season and logged 12 total tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss before missing time because of an injury. Redshirted following the injury.
• As a sophomore (2018), played in 13 games with three starts and posted 22 tackles with two quarterback hurries with one pass breakup.
• As a freshman (2017), played in nine games primarily on special teams. Totaled 13 tackles with one pass breakup on defense.
• Majored in physical culture and sport at Texas.
• Attended Nacogdoches (Texas) High School where he was an All-American, All-State and two-time All-District honoree.
• Selected to participate in the 2017 Offense-Defense Bowl and was invited to participate in Nike's 2016 The Opening.
• As a senior (2016), compiled 71 tackles, 10 tackles for loss, two interceptions, five pass breakups, two forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries on defense with 15 receptions for 210 yards and four touchdowns on offense. Chosen second-team 5A All-State by the Associated Press and named honorable mention All-State by the TSWA.
• As a junior (2015), posted 33 tackles, nine pass breakups, one interception and one tackle for loss.
• As a sophomore (2014), helped Nacogdoches to a 7-4 overall record, including a 4-3 district mark, and an appearance in the 5A Division II bi-district playoffs.
• Follow Thompson on Instagram at @_joshuat2 and on Twitter at @_Joshuat9.
• Born Joshua Thompson on Oct. 20, 1998 in Nacogdoches, Texas.