PRO: The Titans improved the versatility and explosiveness of their front seven with the addition of free agent Jadeveon Clowney prior to the start of the 2020 regular season. In his first six NFL seasons, Clowney played in 75 games and tallied 236 tackles, 32 sacks, 71 tackles for loss, 14 passes defensed, nine forced fumbles and seven fumble recoveries. The 6-foot-5-inch, 255-pounder was named to the Pro Bowl each season from 2016 through 2018, and he added second-team Associated Press All-Pro honors in 2016. The South Carolina product played his first five NFL seasons with the Houston Texans after he was the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. He was traded to the Seattle Seahawks in 2019.
• Over a four-season span from 2016 through 2019, Clowney was one of only three NFL players with at least 60 tackles for loss, eight forced fumbles and 150 quarterback pressures, per Sportradar. The others on the list were Aaron Donald and Chandler Jones. Clowney ranked fourth in the NFL over those four seasons with 60 tackles for loss.
• In 2019, Clowney's lone season with the Seattle Seahawks, he registered 31 tackles, three sacks, seven tackles for loss, a career-best four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in 13 games.
• In 2017, the last time current Titans head coach Mike Vrabel was Clowney's defensive coordinator in Houston, he started all 16 games for the Texans and recorded 9.5 sacks, 21 quarterback hits, 21 tackles for loss, two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He joined Jones as the only NFL players to register 20 or more tackles for loss and 20 or more quarterback hits.
• Clowney has scored four total touchdowns in his NFL career—three on fumble recoveries and one on an interception return.
• Clowney and Titans teammate Johnathan Joseph both grew up in Rock Hill, S.C., and played collegiately at South Carolina. Joseph has provided a big brother presence and been a strong mentor for Clowney during his NFL career.
• Clowney attended South Pointe High School in Rock Hill, S.C., where he was named South Carolina's 2010 Mr. Football and lettered for the school's basketball team.
• Clowney was on his high school's track & field team, where he competed as a sprinter, shot putter and discus thrower. He took ninth in the 100 meters at the 2011 York County Championships, with a career-best time of 11.43 seconds. He also ran the fourth leg on the 4×100 meter relay squad, helping them earn a third-place finish at 42.86 seconds.
• The Rock Hill, S.C., native was originally selected by the Houston Texans with the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.
• Designated by the Houston Texans as the franchise player on March 4, 2019 and signed the franchise tender on Aug. 31, 2019.
• Traded by the Texans to the Seattle Seahawks on Sept. 1, 2019 in exchange for Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin and a 2020 third-round pick.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on Sept. 8, 2020.
• Played three seasons (2011-13) at the University of South Carolina and started 23 of 36 games for the Gamecocks, recording 130 total tackles that included 24.0 sacks, 47.0 tackles for loss and 20 quarterback pressures. Recovered one fumble, forced nine others and deflected seven passes.
• Named a two-time All-American (2012, 2013) and earned All-SEC honors twice (2012, 2013).
• Became the third Gamecock to earn first-team All-American honors in two seasons.
• Named SEC Freshman of the Year in 2011.
• Ranked second in school annals with 47.0 tackles for loss and third on the school's all-time list with 24.0 sacks. Holds the school record with nine forced fumbles.
• Majored in African-American studies at South Carolina.
• Attended South Pointe (Rock Hill, S.C.) High School and during his career tallied 162 total tackles, 29.5 sacks, 29 tackles for loss, 11 forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries and scored five touchdowns on defense.
• Named the consensus best player in the nation and named USA Today's National Defensive Player of the Year.
• Led his team a 15-0 record and state championship and finished with 17.0 sacks.
• Finished his sophomore season with 144 tackles and 23.0 sacks.
• Named South Carolina's 2010 Mr. Football and played in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas.
• Notched seven tackles and 1.5 sacks in the Under Armour All-America Game.
• Also lettered for the school's basketball team.
• Follow Clowney on Twitter at @clownejd.
• Follow Clowney on Instagram at @clowney_90.
• Born Jadeveon Davarus Clowney on Feb. 14, 1993 in Rock Hill, S.C.
|10||Colts||L 17 - 34||4||3||1||0||0||0|
|9||Bears||W 24 - 17|
|8||@Bengals||L 20 - 31||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|7||Steelers||L 24 - 27||4||3||1||0||1||1|
|2||Jaguars||W 33 - 30||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|6||Texans||W 42 - 36||2||1||1||0||0||0|
|1||@Broncos||W 16 - 14||3||2||1||0||0||0|
|5||Bills||W 42 - 16||0||0||0||0||2||0|
|3||@Vikings||W 31 - 30||2||1||1||0||1||0|