PRO: The Titans used their first pick (29th overall) in the 2020 NFL Draft on massive Georgia offensive lineman Isaiah Wilson with the expectation that he would compete for playing time at right tackle as a rookie. The 6-foot-6-inch, 350-pounder brings athleticism to the position in addition to his imposing size. A native of Brooklyn, N.Y., he declared for the NFL Draft despite having two years of eligibility remaining at Georgia. Following a redshirt season, he started 24 total games for the Bulldogs from 2018 to 2019.
• Wilson enjoys watching cartoons, and he has a particular fondness for "SpongeBob SquarePants." "I can really dissect it deeply and learn a lot from it," he says.
• Wilson is comfortable working in the kitchen, dishing out everything from French toast to mac and cheese and collared greens to his family. He was employed at a summer camp for three summers in high school, spending much of that time in the camp kitchen.
• One of his rituals is eating an ice cream sundae the night before every game.
• Wilson welcomed the opportunity to begin his career in Music City. He listens to a diverse range of music, listing Travis Scott, Brantley Gilbert, Aretha Franklin and Mötley Crüe as a sampling of his many favorites.
• Prior to being drafted by the Titans, Wilson, a video game enthusiast, would choose the Titans when he played Madden NFL because of Derrick Henry. "You can't stop him," Wilson says.
• The Brooklyn, N.Y., native was selected by the Titans in the first round (29th overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
• After redshirting in 2017, Wilson played two seasons at Georgia (2018-19), appearing in 25 total games with 24 starts. All of his starts came at right tackle. The Bulldogs finished 11-3 in 2018 and 12-2 in 2019 in his two playing seasons in Athens.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2019), appeared in 11 games with 10 starts at right tackle. He was named second-team Associated Press All-SEC and was the co-winner of Offensive "Up Front" Award.
• Played every offensive snap against Kentucky, Florida, Auburn and Texas A&M, and played over 95 percent of offensive snaps in three others (Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Missouri). Missed Murray State and Arkansas games due to injury.
AS A REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2018), named to the Football Writers Association of America Freshman All-America Team and the 2018 Coaches Freshman All-SEC Team. He started at right tackle in all 14 games.
• Played on 95 percent of Georgia's offensive snaps during the Bulldogs' eight SEC games, including every snap in the last four conference games.
• Co-winner of the team's Offensive Most Improved Player Award.
AS A TRUE FRESHMAN (2017), redshirted.
• Majored in psychology with a minor in religion at Georgia.
• Splits time between Nashville and Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Attended Poly Prep Country Day School (Brooklyn, N.Y.), where he earned Parade All-America honorable mention. His honors also included American Family Insurance 2016 USA Today All-USA Second-Team Offense, New York City's Mr. Football Award by the National Football Foundation, New York State Sports Writers Association 2016 Class AA Player of the Year Award and Class AA All-State First-Team Offense.
• He was named a five-star prospect by PrepStar Magazine, ESPN.com, Rivals and 247Sports. Nationally, he was PrepStar's second-ranked prospect, ESPN's second-ranked tackle, Rivals' 17th-ranked prospect (No. 1 in New York), 247Sports' 16th-ranked prospect (No. 1 in New York).
• In 2016, played a limited number of plays at quarterback in a wildcat offense and scored three touchdowns on 20 yards in one game.
• Received NYSSWA 2015 Class AA All-State First Team Offense honors in his junior year.
• Also wrestled and played lacrosse in high school.
• Son of Merrell and Sharese Wilson.
• Has one dog, a Yorkie named Jax.
• Follow Wilson on Twitter at @_LayZay_.
• Follow Wilson on Instagram at @7ninee.
• List of favorites includes (TV show) "Criminal Minds" and (movie) "2 Fast 2 Furious."
• Born Isaiah Terrell Wilson on Feb. 12, 1999 in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Isaiah Wilson: Everything is a Step Up from College Football
Titans rookie offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson speaks with reporters following Sunday's training camp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
The Scouting Report: Offensive Tackle Isaiah Wilson
Former Georgia offensive line coach Sam Pittman explains the type of player the Titans are getting in offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson, selected by Tennessee in the first round (#29 overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
Top Titans Draft Picks Join the OTP with Season Ticket Members
Top Titans draft picks, including offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson (Round 1 • 29th overall), cornerback Kristian Fulton (Round 2 • 61st overall), and running back Darrynton Evans (Round 3 • 93rd overall) join Mike Keith and Amie Wells with Titans season ticket members on the Official Titans Podcast (OTP).
Isaiah Wilson Plans to Learn from Veterans to Take His Game to Next Level
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith visits with Titans top draft pick Isaiah Wilson, who said he's looking forward to taking in as much as he can from his veteran teammates to elevate his game to the next level.
A Look Inside Isaiah Wilson's Collegiate Career
We take a look inside Titans top draft pick Isaiah Wilson's career at Georgia, where he was an All-SEC second team performer for the Bulldogs in 2019, playing in 11 games with 10 starts.
Every Players' Reaction to Being Drafted on Day 1 of the 2020 NFL Draft
Check out the reactions from all 32 first-round selections the moment their name was called
Jon Robinson and Mike Vrabel on First-Round Pick Isaiah Wilson: 'He's a Big Man'
Titans GM Jon Jon Robinson and and head coach Mike Vrabel address the selection of Georgia offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson in the first round (29th overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
Meet Titans First-Round Pick Isaiah Wilson
Amie Wells visits with Titans top draft pick Isaiah Wilson, selected 29th overall in the first round out of the University of Georgia. Watch the 2020 NFL Draft on ABC, ESPN and NFL Network.
Titans Select Georgia T Isaiah Wilson with No. 29 Pick in 2020 NFL Draft
The Tennessee Titans select Georgia offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson with No. 29 overall pick in Round 1 of the 2020 NFL Draft.
NFLN's Daniel Jeremiah Says Georgia T Isaiah Wilson Will Boost Titans' Run Game
NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah says Isaiah Wilson will boost Titans' run game, needs 'development' in pass protection.
Georgia T Isaiah Wilson College Highlights
Watch highlights of Georgia Bulldogs offensive lineman Isaiah Wilson, selected in the first round (#29 overall) by the Tennessee Titans in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Georgia T Isaiah Wilson Runs Official 5.32 Second 40-yard Dash at 2020 Combine
Georgia Bulldogs offensive lineman Isaiah Wilson runs an official 5.32 second 40-yard dash at the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine.
|12||@Colts||W 45 - 26||1||0|
|11||@Ravens||W 30 - 24||0||0|
|10||Colts||L 17 - 34||0||0|
|9||Bears||W 24 - 17||0||0|
|8||@Bengals||L 20 - 31||0||0|
|7||Steelers||L 24 - 27||0||0|
|6||Texans||W 42 - 36||0||0|
Offensive Line Career