PRO: The Titans signed Derick Roberson as a rookie free agent following the 2019 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-3-inch, 250-pounder appeared in six games, including all three postseason contests as a rookie in 2019 and posted three sacks. He appeared in 32 games over three seasons at Sam Houston State after transferring from Texas following his redshirt freshman campaign. Roberson led the FCS and tied a single-season school record with 15 sacks as a senior. During his college career, Roberson posted 129 tackles, 25 sacks, eight passes defensed and eight forced fumbles.
• In 2020, Roberson saw action in eight games and made his first career start. He set career-highs in tackles (six), quarterback pressures (four), passes defensed (one) and forced fumbles (one).
• In 2019, Roberson played as a reserve outside linebacker in three regular season games as a rookie and collected three sacks, including two of Drew Brees.
• Roberson enjoys both painting and designing sneakers and cleats.
• Roberson is unsure how many tattoos he has at this point, but he has drawn and designed some of the ones he has inked on his body.
• The San Antonio, Texas, native was signed by the Titans as a rookie free agent on May 10, 2019.
• Waived by the Titans on Aug. 31, 2019 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Oct. 19, 2019.
• Waived by the Titans on Oct. 22, 2019 and signed to the team's practice squad two days later.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 26, 2019.
• As a senior (2018), appeared in 11 games with seven starts at Sam Houston State and recorded 68 tackles, 20.5 tackles for loss, 15 sacks, two passes defensed and five forced fumbles.
• As a junior (2017), started 13 contests for Sam Houston State and tallied 40 tackles, eight tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, five passes defensed, one interception and one forced fumble.
• As a sophomore (2016), saw action in eight games for Sam Houston State after transferring from Texas following the 2015 season. Totaled 15 tackles, 3.5 sacks, one pass defensed and one forced fumble.
• As a redshirt freshman (2015), appeared in 10 games at Texas and registered six tackles, two sacks and one forced fumble.
• Redshirted at Texas in 2014.
• Attended Brennan (Texas) High School where he was named 4A Defensive Player of the Year and first team All-State by the Associated Press as a senior.
• Chosen as the All-Area Defensive Player of the Year by San Antonio Express-News. Ranked as the No. 9 defensive end and No. 57 overall player by Scout.com and as the No. 8 defensive end and No. 78 overall player by ESPN.
• Tallied 111 tackles, 39 tackles for loss, 20 sacks, four passes defensed, one forced fumble and three fumble recoveries as a senior.
• Follow Roberson on Twitter @DerickJRoberson.
• Born Derick Roberson on Nov. 15, 1995 in San Antonio, Texas.
Titans Hoping for Even More Flash from OLB Derick Roberson in Year Two
In the team's Week 16 contest against the Saints, Roberson twice sacked quarterback Drew Brees. In doing so, he became the first Titans rookie with two or more sacks in a game since linebacker Avery Williamson accomplished the feat as a rookie against the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2014.
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38||2||1||1||0||0||0|