Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
PRO: The Titans brought back free agent Will Compton during 2020 training camp to add depth and competition to the linebacker unit. The 6-foot-1-inch, 235-pounder is a hard-nosed defender that has a reputation as an aggressive, sure-tackling inside linebacker. He spent part of 2019 campaign with the Oakland Raiders after playing in 12 games with the Titans in 2018. Prior to his initial arrival in Tennessee, the University of Nebraska product spent his first five seasons as a member of the Washington Football Team after entering the NFL as a rookie free agent in 2013. Compton provides veteran leadership having served as a team captain for Washington in 2016.
• In 2018, Compton led the Titans with 11 special teams tackles.
• In 2016, Compton registered 104 tackles, five passes defensed, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and an interception.
• In 2015, Compton posted a career-best 122 tackles, a sack, an interception, six passes defensed and a fumble recovery.
• In 2014, Compton ranked second on Washington with 18 special teams stops.
• Prior to his first training camp as a rookie free agent, Compton typed out five personal goals in his iPad that he wanted to accomplish over the next five years. Although he truly never imagined being able to achieve each of the goals, he checked off all the boxes. They included playing a vital role on Washington, earning a starting spot, being named a captain, reaching a specific financial goal by age 27 and doing at least three speaking engagements a year despite no prior experience.
• Compton is the co-founder of the popular podcast Bussin' With The Boys with teammate Taylor Lewan. The two friends host guests on an old Monte Carlo Budweiser bus and discuss any and everything.
• The Bonne Terre, Mo., native was originally signed by the Washington Football Team as a rookie free agent on May 2, 2013.
• Waived by Washington on Aug. 31, 2013 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by Washington to their active roster from the practice squad on Dec. 24, 2013.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on April 6, 2018.
• Signed by the New Orleans Saints as a free agent on Aug. 21, 2019.
• Waived injured by the Saints on Aug. 30, 2019.
• Signed by the Oakland Raiders as a free agent on Oct. 30, 2019.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on Aug. 27, 2020.
• Appeared in 50 games with 37 starts as a linebacker at Nebraska and finished his career with 247 tackles, ranking 12th all-time for the Cornhuskers.
• Was a two-time All-Big Ten selection who posted four fumble recoveries, one interception returned for a touchdown, five sacks and 14.5 tackles for a loss during his career.
• As a senior (2012), named to the All-Big Ten team after recording a team-high three fumble recoveries and 110 tackles. Returned an interception 24 yards for a touchdown and had three sacks.
• As a junior (2011), played in all 13 games with 11 starts and recorded 82 tackles and seven tackles for a loss, earning an All-Big Ten selection. Had three games with at least 10 tackles, and recorded six or more stops in five Big Ten Conference contests.
• As a sophomore (2010), saw action in the final nine games with four starts and collected 15 tackles and one sack.
• As a redshirt freshman (2009), won the starting linebacker job and earned freshman All-Big 12 honors. Played in all 14 games with eight starts and helped Nebraska lead the nation in scoring defense with 40 tackles and half a sack.
• Redshirted in 2008.
• Graduated with a degree in business administration from Nebraska in December of 2011.
• Attended North County (Bonne Terre, Mo.) High School.
• As a senior, registered 107 tackles, four sacks, two interceptions, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. On offense, had 500 rushing yards, 1,000 all-purpose yard and 14 touchdowns.
• Received first-team all-state honors from Missouri Sportswriters and Broadcasters Association.
• As a junior, recorded 71 tackles and an interception, earning all-district and all-conference honors. Finished with 455 rushing yards and 855 receiving yards, earning first-team all-state honors as a receiver.
• Will's younger brother, Cody, was a member of the Nebraska wrestling team.
• Follow Compton on Twitter and Instagram at @_willcompton.
• Born William Compton on Sept. 19, 1989 in Bonne Terre, Mo.
|3||@Vikings||W 31 - 30|
|2||Jaguars||W 33 - 30|
|1||@Broncos||W 16 - 14||3||1||2||0||0||0|