PRO: The Titans signed Trenton Cannon during the 2022 offseason to add depth and special teams experience to the running back corps. The Virginia State product was originally a 2018 sixth-round selection of the N.Y. Jets. The 5-foot-11-inch, 185-pounder is a versatile back that also excels on special teams units. Cannon led the Jets with 16 special teams tackles as a rookie and ranked second on the San Francisco 49ers with 10 special teams stops in 2021. He has also spent time with the Carolina Panthers and Baltimore Ravens during his NFL career.
• In 2021, Cannon saw action in just 11 games with the 49ers, but finished second on the squad with 10 special teams tackles.
• In 2018, Cannon led the Jets with 16 special teams tackles, becoming the first rookie to lead the Jets in special teams tackles since 2011. He finished tied for second among all NFL running backs in special teams tackles.
• Cannon was selected in the sixth round of the 2018 NFL Draft, becoming the first player from Virginia State drafted in over 20 years.
• The Hampton, Va., native was originally selected by the N.Y. Jets in the sixth round (204th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.
• Waived by the Jets on Aug. 3, 2020.
• Claimed off waivers by the Carolina Panthers on Aug. 4, 2020.
• Waived by the Panthers on Sept. 2, 2021.
• Signed by the Baltimore Ravens as a free agent on Sept. 8, 2021.
• Waived by the Ravens on Sept. 14, 2021.
• Claimed off waivers by the San Francisco 49ers on Sept. 15, 2021.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 16, 2022.
• Appeared in 32 games over three seasons at Virginia State after transferring from Shephard University following his freshman year. Totaled 4,035 rushing yards and 44 touchdowns during his career at Virginia State, topping the school's record books in both categories. Added 48 receptions for 610 yards and seven touchdowns.
• As a senior (2017), appeared in 11 games, breaking Virginia State's single-season rushing record for the third consecutive season after totaling 1,638 yards and 17 touchdowns while also hauling in 21 receptions for 225 yards and three scores. Also returned kickoffs, averaging 32.8 yards per return.
• Led his team to a CIAA Championship and earned All-CIAA honors for the second time as a senior. Received the Lanier Award, given to the top Division II/Division III player in the state of Virginia.
• As a junior (2016), played in 11 games, earning All-CIAA Honors after totaling 1,214 rushing yards and a career-high 18 rushing touchdowns. Posted 203 receiving yards and two receiving touchdowns.
• As a sophomore (2015), broke Virginia State's record for single-season rushing yards (he would later break the record in 2016 and 2017), posting 1,183 yards and nine touchdowns on the ground and nine catches for 182 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
• As a true freshman (2014), appeared in six games at Shephard University (W.Va.) and recorded 216 rushing yards and two touchdowns rushing and three receptions for 28 yards.
• Majored in criminal justice at Virginia State.
• Attended Kecoughtan (Hampton, Va.) High School.
• Follow Cannon on Twitter and Instagram at @cannnon25.
• Born Trenton Cannon on July 23, 1994 in Hampton, Va.
|1||Giants||L 20 - 21|
|2||@Bills||L 7 - 41|
|2018||New York Jets||16||0||38||113||3||1||17||144||8.5||35||0|
|2019||New York Jets||4||0||0||0|
|2021||San Francisco 49ers||11||0||1||-1||-1||0||3||1|