PRO: The Titans selected Monty Rice in the third round of the 2021 NFL Draft. The 6-foot, 233-pound defender possesses excellent speed, physicality and the instincts required to run and cover successfully at the linebacking position. The Huntsville, Ala., native played four seasons at Georgia (2017-20) where he appeared in 47 games with 28 starts and tallied 219 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, 21 quarterback pressures, five passes defensed, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery returned for a touchdown for the Bulldogs. As a senior in 2020, Rice was a finalist for the Butkus Award and earned Associated Press All-SEC first-team honors.
• In 2020, Rice was named a finalist for the Butkus Award, which recognizes the nation's best linebacker, after amassing 49 tackles, four tackles for loss, one sack, one pass defensed, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery returned for a score.
• As a junior in 2019, Rice was Georgia's leading tackler with 89 total stops.
• A Huntsville, Ala., native, Rice grew up about two hours outside of Nashville. As a child, Rice attended about 10 Titans games, including the memorable Titans-Cardinals game on Nov. 29, 2009 (Titans 20, Cardinals 17). His favorite Titans players were Chris Johnson, Keith Bulluck and Kyle Vanden Bosch.
• Rice has a tattoo on his right forearm of his cousin's name, Haraesheo Rice. Haraesheo, who suffered from mental illness, was shot and killed by police in Huntsville in September 2017. 'I think about my cousin a lot. I know he's looking down on me smiling, watching what I'm doing,' Rice said. 'We used to live together. We were real close.'
• He has a black lab named Shadow.
• The Huntsville, Ala., native was selected by the Titans in the third round (92nd overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.
• In four seasons at Georgia (2017-20), Rice appeared in 47 games with 28 starts. He tallied 219 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, 21 quarterback pressures, five passes defensed, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery returned for a touchdown.
AS A SENIOR (2020), appeared in nine games and made eight starts. Posted 49 tackles, four tackles for loss, one sack, one pass defensed, five quarterback pressures, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery returned for a score. Was a finalist for the Butkus Award, given to the nation's best linebacker. Earned All-SEC first-team honors by the Associated Press and All-America second-team recognition by The Athletic.
• Against Tennessee (10/10), tallied a team-leading eight tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack, one quarterback pressure, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery returned for a 20-yard touchdown. Recorded a strip sack which resulted in his first career fumble recovery and touchdown.
AS A JUNIOR (2019), started all 14 games and notched a team-leading 89 tackles, three tackles for loss, 14 quarterback pressures and three passes defensed. Earned Associated Press All-SEC second-team recognition. Co-winner of Georgia's Vince Dooley Defensive MVP award.
• Against South Carolina (10/12), posted a career-high 12 tackles, two quarterback pressures and one pass defensed.
• At Auburn (11/16), named SEC Defensive Player of the Week after amassing 10 tackles.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2018), played in nine games and made five starts. Finished as Georgia's third-leading tackler with 59 stops. Also posted 1.5 tackles for loss, one sack, two quarterback pressures, one pass defensed and one forced fumble.
• Against Florida (10/27), recorded 11 tackles and a forced fumble.
AS A FRESHMAN (2017), saw action in 14 games and made one start. Tallied 22 tackles and two tackles for loss.
• Majored in sociology at Georgia.
• Attended James Clemens (Ala.) High School where he earned Alabama Sports Writers Association Class 7A first team defense recognition after posting 137 tackles, one sack, four interceptions, one blocked punt for a touchdown, and four total touchdowns as a senior in 2016.
• Tabbed as a four-star prospect by PrepStar, ESPN, and Scout.com, and a three-star prospect by 247Sports and Rivals. Ranked as the No. 9 inside linebacker nationally by Scout, No. 11 by ESPN, No. 33 by 247Sports, and No. 34 by Rivals.
• As a junior, totaled 79 tackles, 11.0 tackles for loss, three quarterback hurries, three interceptions, five passes defensed, three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.
• Also participated in track, competing in the shotput and 60-meter dash.
• Has one older brother and one younger brother.
• Son of Shavita Rice.
• Follow Rice on Twitter @ricemonty and on Instagram @mrice_32.
• Born Montavian Lamar Rice-Jordan on Jan. 8, 1999 in Huntsville, Ala.
ILB Monty Rice Gets the Phone Call at No. 92 Overall
GM Jon Robinson and Coach Mike Vrabel make the phone call to the Titans third round pick, ILB Monty Rice in the 2021 NFL Draft.
2021 NFL Draft: Breaking Down Monty Rice's College Highlights
Watch a break down of Georgia Bulldogs linebacker Monty Rice's college highlights.
Amie Wells Catches up with Titans Third-Round Draft Pick ILB Monty Rice
Amie Wells catches up with the Titans 92nd pick in the NFL Draft Georgia ILB Monty Rice.
Monty Rice: Ready to Perfect My Craft at a High Level
ILB Monty Rice speaks to reporters for the first time after being drafted as a Tennessee Titan.
|3||Colts||W 25 - 16|
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38||2||1||1||0||0||0|