PRO: Luke Gifford is a rangy linebacker that has excelled on special teams coverage units during his NFL career. The 6-foot-3-inch, 243-pounder joined the Titans as an unrestricted free agent in 2023 after spending his first four seasons with the Dallas Cowboys. Gifford, a former rookie free agent, will look to make his biggest impact as a core member of the Titans' special teams units having collected 30 special teams stops in 46 career games, as well as provide veteran depth in the linebacking corps.
• Gifford has either led or finished second on his team in special teams tackles in three of his first four NFL campaigns. He ranked first on the Cowboys with a career-best 12 special teams stops in 2022.
• Gifford was the recipient of Nebraska's prestigious Sam Foltz Hero 27 Award in 2018 for exceptional leadership, consistent and dedicated community service, and positive influence on the team.
• The Lincoln, Neb., native was originally signed by the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent on May 1, 2019.
• Signed by the Cowboys as an unrestricted free agent on March 21, 2022.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 20, 2023.
• During a four-year career at Nebraska, played in 29 games with 19 starts and totaled 109 tackles, seven sacks, 19 tackles for loss and three interceptions. Earned honorable-mention All-Big Ten recognition as a senior.
• Received in the Pat Clare Award in 2018 as he best exemplified the commitment and courage to overcome injury.
• As a senior (2018), started all 12 games while serving as a team captain for the Cornhuskers. Set career-highs in tackles (62), sacks (5.5), tackles for loss (13), interceptions (two) and forced a fumble. His 5.5 sacks were the most by a Nebraska linebacker since 2005.
• As a junior (2017), started each of the first seven games at outside linebacker before missing the final five contests because of injury. Totaled 39 tackles with five stops for loss and 1.5 sacks, while recording his first pass breakup and interception.
• As a sophomore (2016), saw limited action as a reserve linebacker in four games, recording an assisted tackle.
• As a redshirt freshman (2015), played in each of the first six games and had seven tackles, including a tackle for a loss before being sidelined for the second half of the season with an injury.
• Redshirted as a freshman in 2014.
• Earned his degree in business management from Nebraska.
• Attended Southeast (Lincoln, Neb.) High School, playing linebacker while also seeing action on offense.
• As a senior, passed for 970 yards and five touchdowns, while rushing for an additional 742 yards and eight touchdowns, leading Southeast to the Class A state playoffs. Also starred in the secondary, making 50 tackles with two interceptions and five pass breakups.
• Was a first-team All-Nebraska defensive back selection by the Omaha World-Herald as a senior and also earned Super State accolades from the Lincoln Journal Star.
• As a junior, helped Southeast to a 9-2 record and a trip to the state quarterfinals. Caught seven passes for 125 yards, while also starring in the secondary.
• Was a first-team Super State selection as a junior, and earned second-team All-Nebraska honors in 2012. Gifford was also a member of the Knights' 2011 state championship team
• Was a multi-sport athlete, competing on the Southeast basketball team.
• Son of Sam and Shannon Gifford.
• Follow Gifford on Twitter at @lukegifford.
• Follow Gifford on Instagram at @lukegifford.
• Born Luke Gifford on Aug. 28, 1995 in Lincoln, Neb.
|1||@Saints||L 15 - 16|
|2||Chargers||W 27 - 24||0||1||1||0||0||0||0||0|