Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TennesseeTitans.com
PRO: The Titans selected Larrell Murchison in the fifth round of the 2020 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-2, 297-pound defensive lineman displays great power and quickness and has the ability to play multiple positions along the defensive front. He was an All-ACC performer as a senior at N.C. State and amassed 11 sacks and 20 tackles for loss in his two seasons with the Wolfpack.
• Murchison was named second-team All-ACC after leading the Wolfpack with a 12 tackles for loss and seven sacks as a senior in 2019.
• After his debut season on the field in 2018, Murchison received N.C. State's Cary Brewbaker Award for Defensive Lineman of the Year, as well as the Alpha Wolf Rising Award, which is given to the Most Improved Player.
• Larrell's fraternal brother, Farrell, who played running back at Winston Salem State, was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2018. Larrell supported him through the treatment and recovery. "My role was to stay strong for him. We're extremely close, and it was hard. But we got through it, and he's now cancer free and about to graduate."
• Murchison grew up working with his mother at her restaurant in Elizabethtown called Glenda's Just Desserts and Lunch Counter, which she has owned for 10 years. He would work doing whatever needed to be done – mopping floors, sweeping, waiting tables and taking orders. "Everything is good, but if you go I'd say start with the fried pork chops, mac and cheese and cabbage."
• Murchison loves everything music and enjoys playing the drums. His dad played drums in the church when he was younger, and he just followed in his footsteps.
• The Elizabethtown, N.C., native was selected by the Titans in the fifth round (174th overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
• During a two-year stint as a defensive tackle at North Carolina State, Murchison started in all 25 contests. He finished his Wolfpack career with 85 tackles, 11 sacks, 20 tackles for loss, five quarterback hits, an interception, three passes defensed and three fumble recoveries. He started his collegiate career Louisburg College and was named a NJCAA junior-college honorable mention All-American.
AS A SENIOR (2019), started all 12 games at defensive tackle and registered 51 tackles. Led the Wolfpack with a 12 tackles for loss and seven sacks.
• Named second-team All-ACC choice by the league and honorable mention All-ACC by Pro Football Focus.
• Ranked sixth in the ACC in sacks with 0.58 per game - the No. 52 mark in the FBS.
• At Florida State (9/28), named the ACC defensive lineman of the week for the second time in his career after posting 3.5 sacks against the Seminoles.
• Invited to play at the Reese's Senior Bowl and recorded a tackle and a pass breakup in the game, but was a head-turner during bowl-week practices.
AS A REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2018), started all 13 games at defensive tackle and posted 34 tackles, four sacks, eight tackles for loss, an interception, two passes defensed and a fumble recovery. Ranked second on the team with four sacks.
• Earned the team's Cary Brewbaker Award for Defensive Lineman of the Year, as well as the Alpha Wolf Rising Award, which is given to the Most Improved Player.
• Against Virginia (9/29), tallied four tackles for loss and three sacks in the victory.
• Against Florida State (11/3), posted his first career interception in the win over the Seminoles.
AS A JUNIOR (2017), redshirted the season after transferring from Louisburg College.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016), posted 41 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks for a Louisburg team that finished with 9-0 record.
• Named a NJCAA junior-college honorable mention All-American and was ranked the No. 42 JUCO nationally according to Scout.com.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015), attended Louisburg College in North Carolina and tallied 18 tackles and six tackles for loss.
• Graduated in the summer of 2019 with a degree in sport management from North Carolina State.
• Attended East Bladen (Elizabethtown, N.C.) High School and was a three-year starter at fullback and defensive end.
• As a senior, rushed for 545 yards with five touchdowns while averaging 7.7 yards per carry. Recorded 83 total tackles, including 31 solo stops on defense.
• Was named first-team all-area at defensive line and second-team all-area at fullback.
• Also played basketball and baseball where he was an outfielder and catcher.
• Son of Glenda and Milton Murchison and has two brothers and two sisters.
• Follow Murchison on Twitter at @Murchboy92.
• Follow Murchison on Instagram at @thraxrell1.
• Born Larrell Montale Murchison on April 24, 1997, in Elizabethtown, N.C.
Big Man on D: Titans Select N.C. State DL Larrell Murchison in Fifth Round of NFL Draft
Murchison earned second-team All-ACC honors as a senior when he was in on 48 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, and seven quarterback sacks. He was named the ACC defensive lineman of the week for the second time in his career when he had 3.5 sacks at Florida State.