PRO: The Titans selected Larrell Murchison in the fifth round of the 2020 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-2, 297-pound defensive lineman displays great power and quickness and has the ability to play multiple positions along the defensive front. He was an All-ACC performer as a senior at N.C. State and amassed 11 sacks and 20 tackles for loss in his two seasons with the Wolfpack.
• As a rookie in 2020, played in 10 games and totaled five tackles and a stop for loss. Appeared in the team's postseason contest.
• Since entering the NFL, Murchison has made an effort to make a difference in the lives of those in his hometown of Elizabethtown, N.C. In December 2020, during Murchison's rookie season, he provided new winter coats, toys, and holiday presents to children of single-parent households. In July 2021, he hosted his First Annual Community Fun Day for over 500 children and parents. The event included various activities for children such as TikTok dance competitions. A number of NFL players attended the event in support of Murchison, including fellow defensive lineman Teair Tart.
• Larrell's fraternal brother, Farrell, who played running back at Winston Salem State, was diagnosed with testicular cancer in 2018. Larrell supported him through the treatment and recovery. "My role was to stay strong for him. We're extremely close, and it was hard. But we got through it, and he's now cancer free and about to graduate."
• Murchison grew up working with his mother at her restaurant in Elizabethtown called Glenda's Just Desserts and Lunch Counter, which she has owned for more than 10 years. He would work doing whatever needed to be done – mopping floors, sweeping, waiting tables and taking orders. "Everything is good, but if you go I'd say start with the fried pork chops, mac and cheese and cabbage."
• Murchison loves everything music and enjoys playing the drums. His dad played drums in the church when he was younger, and he just followed in his footsteps.
• The Elizabethtown, N.C., native was selected by the Titans in the fifth round (174th overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
• During a two-year stint as a defensive tackle at North Carolina State, Murchison started in all 25 contests. He finished his Wolfpack career with 85 tackles, 11 sacks, 20 tackles for loss, five quarterback hits, an interception, three passes defensed and three fumble recoveries. He started his collegiate career at Louisburg College and was named a NJCAA junior-college honorable mention All-American.
• As a senior (2019), started all 12 games at defensive tackle and registered 51 tackles. Led the Wolfpack with 12 tackles for loss and seven sacks.Named second-team All-ACC choice by the league and honorable mention All-ACC by Pro Football Focus. Ranked sixth in the ACC in sacks with 0.58 per game - the No. 52 mark in the FBS.
• As a redshirt junior (2018), started all 13 games at defensive tackle and posted 34 tackles, four sacks, eight tackles for loss, an interception, two passes defensed and a fumble recovery. Ranked second on the team with four sacks. Earned the team's Cary Brewbaker Award for Defensive Lineman of the Year, as well as the Alpha Wolf Rising Award, which is given to the Most Improved Player.
• As a junior (2017), redshirted the season after transferring from Louisburg College.
• As a sophomore (2016), posted 41 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks for a Louisburg team that finished with 9-0 record. Named a NJCAA junior-college honorable mention All-American and was ranked the No. 42 JUCO nationally according to Scout.com.
• As a freshman (2015), attended Louisburg College in North Carolina and tallied 18 tackles, 1.5 sacks and six tackles for loss.
• Graduated in the summer of 2019 with a degree in sport management from North Carolina State.
• Attended East Bladen (Elizabethtown, N.C.) High School and was a three-year starter at fullback and defensive end.
• As a senior, rushed for 545 yards with five touchdowns while averaging 7.7 yards per carry. Recorded 83 total tackles, including 31 solo stops on defense.
• Was named first team all-area at defensive line and second team all-area at fullback.
• Also played basketball and baseball where he was an outfielder and catcher.
• Son of Glenda and Milton Murchison and has two brothers and two sisters.
• Follow Murchison on Twitter at @Murchboy92.
• Follow Murchison on Instagram at @thraxrell1.
• Born Larrell Montale Murchison on April 24, 1997, in Elizabethtown, N.C.
Come Out Fierce and Violent | Larrell Murchison Player Interview
Titans DL Larrell Murchison addresses reporters during a Training Camp Press Conference on Saturday from Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Larrell Murchison: I'm Taking it One Rep at a Time
Titans rookie defensive lineman Larrell Murchison speaks with reporters following Friday's training camp practice at Nissan Stadium.
The Scouting Report: DL Larrell Murchison
N.C. State head coach Dave Doeren explains the type of player the Titans are getting in defensive lineman Larrell Murchison, selected by Tennessee in the fifth round (#174 overall) of the 2020 NFL Draft.
Titans Select North Carolina State DT Larrell Murchison with No. 174 Pick in 2020 NFL Draft
The Tennessee Titans select North Carolina State DT Larrell Murchison with the No. 174 overall pick in Round 5 of the 2020 NFL Draft.
N.C. State DL Larrell Murchison College Highlights
Watch highlights of N.C. State DL Larrell Murchison, selected in the fifth round (#174 overall) by the Tennessee Titans in the 2020 NFL Draft.
N.C. State DL Larrell Murchison Joins the Two-Tone Blue | The Call
Titans GM Jon Robinson calls Larrell Murchison moments before the team made the N.C. State defensive lineman its fifth-round selection (#174 overall) in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Eyes Wide Open: Titans Rookie DL Larrell Murchison Watching, Learning, Improving in First NFL Camp
Murchison earned second-team All-ACC honors as a senior at N.C. State, when he was in on 48 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, and seven quarterback sacks. He was named the ACC defensive lineman of the week for the second time in his career when he had 3.5 sacks at Florida State. In two seasons at N.C. State, Murchison recorded 11 sacks while starting all 25 games he played in.
Big Man on D: Titans Select N.C. State DL Larrell Murchison in Fifth Round of NFL Draft
Murchison earned second-team All-ACC honors as a senior when he was in on 48 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, and seven quarterback sacks. He was named the ACC defensive lineman of the week for the second time in his career when he had 3.5 sacks at Florida State.
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38||1||0||1||0||0||0|