PRO: The Titans originally signed Joshua Kalu as a rookie free agent following the 2018 NFL Draft. The 6-foot, 203-pounder is a versatile defensive back that can line up at safety or cornerback in the secondary. The University of Nebraska product spent the first 12 weeks of the 2018 season on the Titans' practice squad before being signed to the active roster on Dec. 1, 2018. He began 2019 on injured reserve before being activated and appearing in the final eight games and all three postseason contests as a reserve and on special teams. In four seasons with the Cornhuskers, Kalu saw action in 48 games and notched 27 passes defensed, including seven interceptions.
• In Week 10 of 2019 against Kansas City, Kalu secured the victory by coming off the edge and blocking Harrison Butker's potential game-tying 52-yard field goal as time expired.
• In 2018, made his NFL debut and appeared in five games during his rookie season.
• In the 2019 offseason during the COVID-19 pandemic, Kalu spent time giving back to his hometown of Houston, Texas. He partnered with local restaurants and hand-delivered free meals to healthcare workers fighting the pandemic.
• Kalu was heavily involved in the Lincoln community while at Nebraska. He was named to the Brook Berringer Citizenship Team and the Tom Osborne Citizenship Team as a sophomore, junior and senior.
• The Houston, Texas, native was signed by the Titans as an undrafted free agent on May 11, 2018.
• Waived by the Titans on Aug. 12, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on Aug. 20, 2018.
• Waived by the Titans on Sept. 1, 2018 and signed to the team's practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the practice squad on Dec. 1, 2018.
• Played in 48 games with 37 starts at cornerback and safety over four seasons at Nebraska. Totaled 215 tackles, two sacks, 27 passes defensed, seven interceptions for 78 yards and a score, three forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. His 27 passes defensed rank tied for seventh in Cornhusker history and his 215 career tackles rank fifth all-time among Nebraska defensive backs and among the top 30 overall tacklers in Cornhusker history.
• As a senior (2017), started nine games at safety while missing three contests due to injury. Finished with 47 tackles which was fifth-best on the team and also recorded two interceptions for 32 yards, six passes defensed and one forced fumble. Named to the Academic All-Big Ten list.
• As a junior (2016), started all 13 games at cornerback and totaled 66 tackles, three tackles for loss, a sack, a team-leading 11 passes defensed and one interception.
• As a sophomore (2015), started all 13 games at cornerback and nickel back and tallied 75 tackles, five tackles for loss, a sack, a team-leading seven passes defensed and added three interceptions for 41 yards and a touchdown. Earned Honorable-Mention All-Big Ten accolades by the conference's coaches.
• As a freshman (2014), appeared in all 13 games with two starts and posted 27 tackles, three passes defensed, one interception and two forced fumbles.
• Graduated from Nebraska with a degree in child, youth and family studies in 2017.
• Attended Alief Taylor (Texas) High School and earned Houston Chronicle All-Greater Houston first-team honors as a senior. Helped Alief Taylor to the second round of the Class 5A Division 1 state playoffs in 2013.
• Also participated in track and basketball.
• Son of Elekwachi and Prisca Kalu.
• Follow Kalu on Twitter and Instagram at @BluesKalus.
• Born Joshua Elekwachi Kalu on Aug. 28, 1995 in Houston, Texas.
Call Your Moment: Joshua Kalu's Blocked FG Attempt Topples Chiefs
Titans season ticket member Devon Jones recounts Joshua Kalu's blocked field goal attempt that sealed Tennessee's 35-32 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 10 at Nissan Stadium.
Joshua Kalu's Path to the NFL | Behind the Flame
Defensive back Joshua Kalu discusses his game-winning blocked field goal vs. Kansas City, and how confidence instilled by his parents at a young age helped him reach the National Football League.
Joshua Kalu Says He's Watched Blocked Kick 'Hundreds' of Times
Tennessee Titans defensive back Joshua Kalu joins "NFL Total Access" to talk about his game-winning field-goal block against the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 10.
Joshua Kalu's Blocked FG | Slow-Mo Monday
With the Titans protecting a three-point lead, defensive back Joshua Kalu gets around the edge to block Harrison Butker's 52-yard field goal attempt to preserve a 35-32 victory over the Chiefs.
Josh Kalu on Blocked FG: Best Part Was Watching Everyone's Reaction
Titans defensive back Josh Kalu speaks with reporters Monday at Saint Thomas Sports Park. The Titans enter their bye week before returning home to play the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, Nov. 24.
Titans DB Joshua Kalu Celebrates After Game-Saving Blocked Field Goal
Tennessee Titans CB Joshua Kalu goes wild after game-saving blocked field goal.
Top 5 Prime Plays | Week 10
Watch the Top Five Prime Plays presented by Amazon Prime during Week 10 awarded to the Baltimore Ravens, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs, and the Tennessee Titans.
Titans DB Josh Kalu on Blocked FG: I Jumped It and I Made a Play
Titans DB Josh Kalu speaks with reporters following Tennessee's 35-32 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 10 Sunday at Nissan Stadium. The Titans enter their bye week before returning home to play the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, Nov. 24.
|17||@Texans||W 41 - 38|
|16||@Packers||L 14 - 40|
|15||Lions||W 46 - 25||4||2||2||0||0||0|
|14||@Jaguars||W 31 - 10||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|13||Browns||L 35 - 41|
|12||@Colts||W 45 - 26|
|11||@Ravens||W 30 - 24||4||3||1||0||0||0|
|10||Colts||L 17 - 34||1||0||1||0||0||0|
|9||Bears||W 24 - 17||3||3||0||0||0||0|
|8||@Bengals||L 20 - 31|
|7||Steelers||L 24 - 27|
|2||Jaguars||W 33 - 30|
|6||Texans||W 42 - 36|
|1||@Broncos||W 16 - 14||1||1||0||0||0||1|
|5||Bills||W 42 - 16||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|3||@Vikings||W 31 - 30||1||1||0||0||0||0|