PRO: The Titans signed free agent Joe Jones to the practice squad during Week 2 of the 2021 season. The 6-foot, 240-pounder has has 49 games of experience over four seasons (2017-20) with the Denver Broncos, totaling 26 career special teams stops, four defensive tackles and one blocked punt. The Plano, Ill., native originally signed with the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent following the 2017 NFL Draft, and has also spent time with the Los Angeles Chargers, Seattle Seahawks, and most recently was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the 2021 offseason. Jones tallied 70 tackles, three sacks, two passes defensed and one fumble recovery in 27 games at Northwestern (2013-16).
• Jones' father, Joseph, was a hurdler at Penn State.
• The Plano, Ill., native originally signed with the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent on May 12, 2017.
• Waived by the Cowboys on Sept. 2, 2017.
• Signed by the Los Angeles Chargers to the team's practice squad on Sept. 4, 2017.
• Waived by the Chargers on Sept. 6, 2017.
• Signed by the Seattle Seahawks to the team's practice squad on Sept. 19, 2017.
• Signed by the Denver Broncos to the team's active roster off of the Seahawks practice squad on Nov. 7, 2017.
• Signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as a free agent on May 5, 2021.
• Waived by the Buccaneers on Aug. 30, 2021.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's practice squad on Sept. 13, 2021.
• Signed by the Titans to the team's active roster off of the practice squad on Oct. 8, 2021.
• During a four-year career at Penn State (2013-16), played in 37 games with five starts and totaled 70 tackles, three sacks, two passes defensed and one fumble recovery.
• As a senior (2016), appeared in all 13 games with five starts and posted 46 tackles, two sacks, two passes defensed and one fumble recovery.
• As a junior (2015), saw action in 13 games and posted 18 tackles and one sack.
• As a sophomore (2014), played in six contests and tallied five tackles.
• As a redshirt freshman (2013), appeared in five games and posted one tackle.
• As a freshman (2012), redshirted.
• Double-majored in communication studies and economics at Northwestern.
• Attended Plano (Ill.) High School where he was an all-conference running back, rushing for 710 yards and eight touchdowns while hauling in 11 passes for 328 yards and five scores in eight games as a senior.
• Also competed in track and was the state champion in the 200-meter hurdles and finished sixth in the 100-meter dash.
• Four-year letterwinner in football and track, and a three-year letterman in basketball.
• Son of Joseph Jones and Shawn-Daria and Daniel Dowd.
• Follow Jones on Twitter and on Instagram @FamilyMan_Joe43.
• Born Joseph Jones on Feb. 21, 1994, in Plano, Ill.
|6||Bills||W 34 - 31|
|5||@Jaguars||W 37 - 19||3||2||1||0||0||0|