PRO: The Titans selected Elijah Molden in the third round (100th overall)of the 2021 NFL Draft. The 5-foot-10 inch, 192-pounder is a savvy and physical defender capable of playing multiple spots on defense and becoming a key contributor on special teams. An instinctive player with a nose for the football, he totaled 153 tackles, five interceptions, 25 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries in 44 games at the University of Washington.
• In 2020, Washington's football season was limited to four games due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Molden started all four contests and finished third on the squad with 26 tackles to go with one interception and two passes defensed.
• In June 2021, Molden was named by the Pac-12 as a Tom Hansen Conference Medal recipient. The prestigious honor is awarded annually to each Pac-12 member institution's outstanding senior male and female student-athlete based on the combination of performance and achievement in scholarship, athletics and leadership. This followed Molden winning the Washington football team's Guy Flaherty Award, which is given to the team's most inspirational player as voted by the players.
• In 2019, Molden set career highs with a team-high 79 tackles, four interceptions and three forced fumbles.
• Molden comes from a football family. His father, Alex Molden, was inducted to the University of Oregon Hall of Fame and was an eight-year NFL cornerback with the Saints, Chargers and Lions after being selected by the Saints with the 11th overall draft pick in 1996. Elijah's older brother, Isaiah, played defensive line at Western Oregon.
• Molden is the second-oldest of eight children in his family. He has four brothers and three sisters.
• He is an avid reader and lists "Shoe Dog" by Phil Knight, "Tattoos on the Heart" by Greg Boyle, and "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho as three of his favorite books. He prefers hard copies of books as opposed to digital versions so that he can make notes and keep them in the books."
• The West Linn, Ore., native was selected by the Titans in the third round (100th overall) of the 2021 NFL Draft.
• In four seasons at the University of Washington, Molden appeared in 44 games with 20 starts. His totals included 153 tackles, seven tackles for loss, five interceptions, 25 passes defensed, four forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He earned first team All-Pac-12 honors on defense as a junior and senior and was named second team All-Pac-12 as an all-purpose/special teams player as a sophomore.
AS A SENIOR (2020), started all four of the team's games in a shortened season due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ranked third on the squad with 26 tackles and added one interception and two passes defensed. Earned first team All-Pac-12 honors for the second consecutive season. Named the university's male recipient of the Pac-12's Tom Hansen Conference Medal as well as the football team's defensive MVP and Guy Flaherty Award recipient as the team's most inspirational player. Honors also included second team All-American by Pro Football Focus, which also named him Pac-12 Player of the Year. He was a semifinalist for the Lott IMPACT Trophy.
• Against Utah (11/28), registered eight tackles, including a tackle for loss, and added a 24-yard interception return in a comeback victory. Named the UW coaches' Defensive Player of the Game.
AS A JUNIOR (2019), started all 13 games and led the team with 79 tackles, four interceptions, 17 passes defensed and three forced fumbles (tied). Added 5.5 tackles for loss and a fumble recovery. Honors included first team All-Pac-12, CoSIDA Academic All-District 8 team, second team Pro Football Focus All-America, first team Pro Football Focus All-Pac-12, first team Associated Press All-Pac-12 and Pac-12 Academic Honor Roll. Won the Husky Excellence Award and the 101 Club Academic Award.
• At Brigham Young (9/21), recorded a career-high four passes defensed and added four tackles.
• Against Southern California (9/28), registered his first career interception and added six tackles and a half tackle for loss. Named the team's defensive player of the week by the coaches.
• Against Washington State (11/29), set a career high with 14 tackles, including a tackle for loss, and added an interception.
• Against Boise State (12/21), named the MVP of the Las Vegas Bowl after totaling nine tackles, a half tackle for loss, a forced fumble and an interception in the win.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2018), played in all 14 games with three starts and totaled 29 tackles, five passes defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. Won the team's Most Outstanding Special Teams Player award and earned second team All-Pac-12 honors as an all-purpose/special teams player. Also named first team Academic All-Pac-12.
• Against Stanford (11/3), registered his first collegiate start and recorded seven tackles. Named the UW coaches' special teams player of the week for the win over the Cardinal.
• Against Utah (11/30), started in the Pac-12 Championship Game, finishing with two tackles.
• Against Ohio State (1/1), appeared in the Rose Bowl and recorded a pair of tackles.
AS A TRUE FRESHMAN (2017), played in all 13 games and registered 19 tackles, 0.5 tackles for loss and one pass defensed.
• Against Montana (9/9), notched five tackles, including half of a tackle for loss.
• Graduated from Washington in December 2020 with a degree in communications.
• Attended West Linn (Ore.) High School, where he was named first team 6A All-State at cornerback and second team at running back as a senior in 2016. Also first team All-Three Rivers League at both positions and first team USA Today All-Oregon at defensive back, he helped lead the Lions to a 14-0 record, including five wins in the 6A state playoffs. Rushed for 702 yards and 10 touchdowns, caught 19 passes for 249 yards and six touchdowns, and added three interceptions.
• Listed by ESPN.com as the No. 213 overall prospect and as the No. 19 cornerback in the country, and as the No. 2 prospect in Oregon. Ranked the No. 151 overall recruit and No. 17 cornerback in the country by Scout.com, while 247sports.com listed him at No. 2 in Oregon, No. 25 in the nation at cornerback and No. 193 overall.
• As a junior in 2015, earned first team All-Three Rivers League on both sides of the ball.
• Follow Molden on Twitter and on Instagram at @e_mold3n.
• Son of Christin and Alex Molden.
• Born Elijah Monroe Molden on Jan. 30, 1999 in New Orleans, La.
They're on a Roll, They're a Good Team | Elijah Molden Player Interview
Titans CB Elijah Molden addresses on Thursday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Elijah Molden One-On-One | Titans All-Access
Amie Wells sits down with Titans CB Elijah Molden to talk about his rookie year for the Tennessee Titans.
Getting on the Right Foot Early and Often | Elijah Molden Player Interview
Titans CB Elijah Molden addresses reporters on Friday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
We Need to be Our Best | Elijah Molden Player Interview
Titans CB Elijah Molden addresses on Wednesday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Little Things Add Up | Elijah Molden Player Interview
Titans CB Elijah Molden addresses reporters following Tennessee's Week 11 matchup against the Houston Texans on Sunday at Nissan Stadium.
We Pride Ourselves on Physicality | Elijah Molden Player Interview
Titans CB Elijah Molden addresses reporters following Tennessee's 34-31 victory over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Can't-Miss Play: Molden's CLUTCH 2-yard Pick-six Puts Titans Ahead | Game Highlights
Tennessee Titans cornerback Elijah Molden gets his first career interception on a pick-six to put the Titans ahead late in the game.
I Trust Our Coaches and What We Have Prepared | Elijah Molden Player Interview
Titans CB Elijah Molden addresses reporters on Thursday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Taking Ownership of Doing My Job | Elijah Molden Player Interview
Titans CB Elijah Molden addresses reporters following Tennessee's 37-19 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday at TIAA Bank Field.
At the End of the Day it Comes Down to Us Executing | Elijah Molden Player Interview
Titans CB Elijah Molden addresses reporters during a press conference on Friday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
In Practice We Really Push the Tempo | Elijah Molden Player Interview
Titans CB Elijah Molden addresses reporters during a press conference after practice on Monday at St. Thomas Sports Park
I Felt Like I Found my Rhythm Out There Today | Elijah Molden Press Conference
Titans CB Elijah Molden speaks with reporters following Tennessee's 34-3 preseason victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Saturday at Raymond James Stadium.
Washington Huskies HC: 'The Recipe We Are Doing Here is Working'
Washington Huskies head coach Jimmy Lake discusses skill sets of Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Joe Tyron, Detroit Lions defensive tackles Levi Onwuzurike, and Tennessee Titans cornerback Elijah Molden, after 2021 NFL Draft
DB Elijah Molden Gets the Phone Call at No. 100 Overall
GM Jon Robinson and Coach Mike Vrabel make the phone call to the Titans third round pick, Washington DB Elijah Molden in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Elijah Molden: I Play for the Love of the Game
DB Elijah Molden speaks to reporters for the first time after being drafted as a Tennessee Titan.
|18||@Texans||W 28 - 25||6||6||0||0||0||0|
|17||Dolphins||W 34 - 3||1||0||1||0||1||0||1|
|15||@Steelers||L 13 - 19||4||4||0||0||0||0|
|14||Jaguars||W 20 - 0||5||2||3||0||0||0|
|12||@Patriots||L 13 - 36|
|11||Texans||L 13 - 22||6||3||3||0||1||0|
|10||Saints||W 23 - 21||5||2||3||0||0||0|
|9||@Rams||W 28 - 16||8||6||2||0||0||0|
|8||@Colts||W 34 - 31||2||2||0||0||0||2||1||2||2||2||1||0|
|7||Chiefs||W 27 - 3||5||3||2||0||0||0|
|6||Bills||W 34 - 31||8||5||3||0||0||0|
|5||@Jaguars||W 37 - 19||3||3||0||0||0||1|
|4||@Jets||L 24 - 27|
|3||Colts||W 25 - 16||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30||2||0||2||0||0||0|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38||2||2||0||0||0||0|