PRO: The Titans signed Matthias Farley as an unrestricted free agent during the 2021 offseason to add depth and experience in the secondary and on special teams units. The 5-foot-11-inch, 209-pound safety amassed 132 tackles, three interceptions, 14 passes defensed, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery, while adding 27 tackles on special teams in his first five NFL seasons (2016-20) with the Indianapolis Colts and N.Y. Jets.
• In 2020, Farley was named a team captain for the Jets and led the team with seven special teams tackles.
• In 2017, Farley started 15 games at safety for the Colts and posted a career-high 95 tackles to go along with two interceptions, seven passes defensed, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.
• Farley did not start playing football until his junior year of high school. He played soccer his first two years at Christian High School in Charlotte, N.C.
• Farley is a two-time recipient of the prestigous N.Y. Jets Marty Lyons Award (2019-2020) given by the community relations staff to the player who gives from the heart through charity and community involvement.
• The Charlotte, N.C., native was originally signed by the Arizona Cardinals as a rookie free agent on May 2, 2016.
• Waived by the Cardinals on Sept. 3, 2016.
• Claimed off waivers by the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 4, 2016.
• Waived by the Colts on Aug. 26, 2019.
• Signed by the N.Y. Jets as a free agent on Aug. 30, 2019.
• Released by the Jets on Sept. 5, 2020 and re-signed by the team two days later.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 30, 2021.
• Played in 52 games with 26 starts in four seasons at Notre Dame and recorded 192 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, eight interceptions, 13 passes defensed and a forced fumble. Collected 40 or more tackles in all four years with the Fighting Irish.
• As a senior (2015), appeared in all 13 games with three starts and collected 41 tackles, one forced fumble, an interception and two passes defensed.
• As a junior (2014), saw action in 13 games with four starts and set career highs with 53 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, four interceptions and five passes defensed. His four interceptions tied for the team lead and he ranked second on the team in sacks.
• As a sophomore (2013), played in 13 games with eight starts and recorded 49 tackles, two interceptions and five passes defensed.
• As a redshirt freshman (2012), moved to safety and started a career-high 11 of 13 games played in his first year on defense. Helped Notre Dame finish the regular season 12-0 and earn spot in BCS National Championship Game. Tallied 49 tackles, two tackles for loss and an interception.
• As a freshman (2011), redshirted while beginning his collegiate career as a wide receiver.
• Graduated in May 2015 with a degree in Film, Television and Theatre from Notre Dame.
• Attended Christian (Charlotte, N.C.) High School where he helped lead team to a state title as a senior after they were state runners-up during his junior season.
• As a senior, earned All-State honors as a wide receiver and all-county honors as a defensive back from the Charlotte Observer as a senior. Registered 10 touchdown catches on offense and totaled 49 tackles and an interception on defense.
• Follow Farley on Twitter at @mfarley41.
• Born Matthias Farley on July 15, 1992 in Charlotte, N.C.
|7||Chiefs||W 27 - 3||3||2||1||0||0||1||1|
|6||Bills||W 34 - 31|
|5||@Jaguars||W 37 - 19|
|4||@Jets||L 24 - 27||1||0||1||0||0||0|
|3||Colts||W 25 - 16||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|2||@Seahawks||W 33 - 30|
|1||Cardinals||L 13 - 38|
|2019||New York Jets||13||0||6||5||1||0||0||0|
|2020||New York Jets||16||2||21||10||11||0||3||0|