The Titans defense allowed only 11 total first downs to the Broncos. It was the lowest total allowed by the Titans defense since the Dolphins were limted to eight first downs at Miami on Oct. 9, 2016.
· The Titans defense allowed the Broncos to convert only two of 14 attempts on third down. Their 14.3 percent was the second-lowest percentage of the season by a Titans opponent behind only the 10.0 percent (1-10) the Browns converted at Cleveland on Sept. 8. Opponents in 2019 have combined to convert only 21 of 76 (27.6 percent) of their third-down attempts.
· The Titans allowed 16 points, registering their fourth game of 2019 in which they allowed 16 or fewer points. The Titans are allowing 15.3 points per game through six weeks. It is the lowest average allowed by the team through six games since 2008 (11.0).
· For the sixth consecutive game to begin the season, the Titans allowed 20 or fewer points. Since 1999, there have been only two other Titans squads that did not allow more than 20 points in any of their first six games: the 2000 team (seven games) and the 2008 team (six). The Titans are one of only four NFL teams to hold opponents to 20 or fewer points every week in 2019. The others are the Bills (five games), New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers (five games).
· Broncos quarterback Joe Flacco was limited to 18-of-28 passing for 177 yards with one interception and a passer rating of 67.1.
S KEVIN BYARD
· Recorded his third interception of the season and the 15th interception of his career. In the third quarter, he picked off Joe Flacco's pass that bounced off the back of tight end Noah Fant. It was Byard's second consecutive game with an interception.
· Leads the NFL with 15 interceptions since the beginning of the 2017 season.
RB DALYN DAWKINS
· In his second career NFL game and his first in 2019, recorded his first NFL rushing attempt with a one-yard carry in the first quarter. He totaled two carries for two yards.
WR ADAM HUMPHRIES
· Led the team with six receptions and 47 receiving yards.
P BRETT KERN
· Tied the NFL record with eight punts placed inside the 20 in a game. The only previous NFL players to accomplish the feat were Pittsburgh's Mark Royals (Nov. 6, 1994) and Jacksonville's Bryan Barker (Nov. 14, 1999).
· Punted nine times for a 47.1-yard gross average and a 41.8-yard net average with eight of his nine punts placed inside the 20.
· Became the second player in franchise history to reach 800 career punts (801) with the team, joining Craig Hentrich (861).
· With his 160th game in a Titans uniform, he passed former offensive lineman Mike Munchak (159) and tied former defensive lineman Ray Childress (160) for sixth place on the franchise's al-time career games played list.
QB MARCUS MARIOTA
· With his interception in the second quarter, his franchise-record streak of 205 consecutive passes without an interception came to an end. Prior to the game at Denver, the last time he was intercepted was against Jacksonville on Dec. 6, 2018. Mariota eclipsed the franchise's previous record set by Kerry Collins in 2008 of 161 passes without an interception.
K CODY PARKEY
· Made his Titans debut and recorded one touchback on one kickoff attempt.
QB RYAN TANNEHILL
· Entered the contest in the second half and completed 13 of 16 passes for 144 yards with one interception (78.1 passer rating). His first pass as a member of the Titans went to wide receiver Corey Davis for five yards in the third quarter.
TE DELANIE WALKER
· Extended his streak to 83 consecutive games played with a reception—every game in which he has participated since he joined Tennessee in 2013. He moved past Ernest Givins (82) and Charlie Hennigan (82) for second place in franchise history behind only Frank Wycheck (99). Including receptions in his final seven games with the San Francisco's 49ers, Walker's 90 consecutive NFL games played with a reception leads all NFL tight ends and ranks sixth overall in the NFL.
ILB WESLEY WOODYARD
· Recorded his first sack of 2019 and the 28th sack of his career. He dropped quarterback Joe Flacco for a 10-yard loss in the fourth quarter.
The Tennessee Titans take on the Denver Broncos in Week 6 of the 2019 season at Empower Field at Mile High. (Photos: Donald Page)
The Tennessee Titans prepare to take on the Denver Broncos in Week 6 of the 2019 season at Empower Field at Mile High. (Photos: Donald Page)