PRO: The Titans signed Arden Key early in the 2023 offseason to add experience and bolster the defensive front. The Louisiana State product possesses a unique ability to come off the edge as a pass rusher and use his speed, athleticism and long arms to get to the quarterback. The 6-foot-5-inch, 240-pound defender originally entered the NFL as a third-round pick of the Oakland Raiders in 2018 and spent his first three campaigns with the organization. Over the next two seasons with the San Francisco 49ers (2021) and Jacksonville Jaguars (2022), Key saw action in all 34 contests and amassed 49 tackles, 11 sacks, 10 stops for loss and 63 quarterback pressures.
• In 2022, Key recorded 27 tackles, 4.5 sacks, five stops for loss and a career-high 38 quarterback pressures in his first season with the Jaguars.
• In 2021, Key notched a career-best 6.5 sacks to go along with 22 tackles and 25 quarterback pressures in his lone season with the 49ers.
• While preparing for the 2018 NFL Draft, Key decided to capitalize on his opportunities in the spotlight to help others. Key utilized his long jump at the Louisiana State Pro Day to support the organization "No Kid Hungry" to raise money for food insecure children and their famillies, raising more funds with each inch he jumped.
• His father, Arden Key Sr., played point guard and shooting guard at Jacksonville State and also coached Arden Jr. in football.
• Key comes from a large family that includes four sets of twins, all who share in his athleticism on the basketball court. Arden's twin, Angel, was a cheerleader for her brother's football team.
• The Atlanta, Ga., native was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the third round (87th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.
• Released by the Raiders on April 15, 2021.
• Signed by the San Francisco 49ers as a free agent on April 23, 2021.
• Signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an unrestricted free agent on March 30, 2022.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 20, 2023.
• Played three seasons at Louisiana State (2015-17), appearing in 31 games with 28 starts and posting 130 tackles, 21 sacks and 26.5 tackles for loss.
• Was named Associated Press All-SEC first team in both 2017 and 2016. Earned second-team All-SEC honors from coaches in 2016.
• When he left LSU, his 21 career sacks were tied for third-most in school history with Gabe Northern.
• As a junior (2017), started eight contests and racked up 33 tackles, 5.5 for loss, four sacks and one forced fumble en route to first-team All-SEC honors.
• As a sophomore (2016), named first-team All-SEC after setting the school record with 12 sacks, while also leading the team with 14.5 tackles for loss. Collected 56 total stops and added three forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and three passes defensed.
• As a freshman (2015), appeared in all 12 games, starting the final nine, totaling 41 tackles, five sacks, a pass defensed and a fumble recovery. Earned Freshman All-American honors and was named to the SEC All-Freshman team.
• Majored in interdisciplinary studies at Louisiana State.
• Attended Hapeville Charter Academy in Atlanta, Ga. and was unanimously rated as a four-star prospect by Rivals, 247Sports, Scout and ESPN.
• Was invited to play in the Under Armour All-American Game and was a Class 2A first-team All-State selection. Was a member of Rivals 250, Scout 300, 247Sports Top 247 and ESPN 300.
• As a senior (2014), tallied 15.5 sacks.
• As a junior (2013), accounted for over 100 tackles and eight sacks.
• As a sophomore (2012), notched 12 sacks.
• Son of Nicole Spencer and Arden Key Sr.
• Follow Key on Instagram at @ardenkey.
• Follow Key on Twitter at @ArdenKeyEl.
• Born Arden Key Jr. on May 3, 1996 in Lithonia, Ga.