NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Titans returned to practice Thursday after having Wednesday off. Here are the biggest happenings from Saint Thomas Sports Park:
• Head coach Ken Whisenhunt was pleased overall with the practice and mentioned there was no letdown after Wednesday's day off.
• We got our first glimpse of the kickers on Wednesday. Both Maikon Bonani and Travis Coons went 2-for-3, making good from 33 and 38 and missing from 46. Nothing to read into here as Whisenhunt noted the preseason games will be the big chance for either kicker to really separate themselves.
• The team used massive speakers and pumped crowd noise onto the field for a portion of practice. Whisenhunt mentioned the importance of preparing for crowd noise and with the season approaching, today was a good day to begin that process.
• The theme of coach's press conference was that it's still too early to begin analyzing the various position battles. Monday's joint practice with the Falcons and the first preseason game against the Packers are the big dates to keep an eye on.
• Short yardage situations were implemented today with the coaches mixing in some "live" snaps with contact, but no full tackling. Whisenhunt noted it's important to get players live reps, but also to be careful with it.