BROOKLYN, N.Y. -- Nike unveiled the next generation of NFL uniforms, featuring superior lightweight performance built for a body-contoured fit to amplify speed.
Upon completion of the Nike/NFL contract, the Tennessee Titans were the first team to take full innovation in the Nike Elite 51 football uniform. The Titans design aesthetic will stay true to years past while updating the color-blocking in the neckline in order to accommodate the Flywire technology to reduce weight and provide a lockdown fit over the pads.
Designed and engineered from the inside out, the new uniform focuses on creating a system where the baselayer, padding, jersey and pant work in concert. A few of the new innovations include increasing sleeve articulation for better range of motion and integrating new four-way stretch fabrication to provide a streamlined shrink-wrap fit.
In addition to serving as the Titans on-field supplier for uniforms, sideline apparel, practice wear and baselayer, Nike will also provide men's and women's fan wear apparel. Athletes will now also be able to wear the Nike Vapor Jet 2.0 Glove featuring the interlocking team logo on the palms.
Key features of the Nike Elite 51 uniform include:
• LIGHTER - The Nike jersey and pant, wet or dry are lighter than previous versions
• FLYWIRE TECHNOLOGY - Eliminates layers, reduces weight, and provides lockdown fit
• ZONED MESH VENTILATION – Provides cooling zones for optimal thermoregulation
• ZONED STRENGTH- High tenacity, stretch material, for lightweight lockdown strength.
• CUT FOR MOBILITY – Four-way stretch, hydrophobic materials enable range of motion wet or dry.
• STRETCH TWILL NUMBERS – Four-way stretch even on numbering system
• CUSTOMIZABLE BASELAYER PADDING – Nike Pro Hyperstrong baselayer with integrated lightweight, Deflex padding offering customizable flexible protection.
• DEFLEX PADDING - Lightweight, flexible impact protection integrated into top "hit zone" areas
• ALUMINUM D-RING BELT - Aircraft-grade aluminum D-ring belt reduces weight.