LOS ANGELES - Following months of intense rumor, speculation and feverish excitement from rock music fans around the world, Guns N' Roses confirmed today they will embark on a massive North American summer stadium tour as founder Axl Rose and former members, Slash and Duff McKagan regroup for what will be one of the century's most anticipated musical events.
The news follows their previously announced headlining dates at this year's Coachella Music & Arts Festival. The Not In This Lifetime Tour, produced and promoted exclusively by Live Nation, will see the iconic band headline stadium dates throughout the U.S. and Canada starting in Detroit at Ford Field on Thursday, June 23 and will include shows in Nashville, (July 9 at Nissan Stadium), New York City, San Francisco, Chicago, Toronto, Washington DC, Philadelphia and more. A full list of tour dates is below. In a special preview, Axl, Slash and Duff will return to the stage tonight at The Troubadour in Los Angeles where the band launched their ground-breaking career.
Nightrain official GN'R fan club members will be notified via email with an early presale opportunity.
A Citi® cardmember pre-sale begins Monday, April 4 at 10:00 a.m. local time through Thursday, April 7 at 10:00 p.m. local time through Citi Private Pass®. For complete pre-sale details, visit www.citiprivatepass.com. Tickets for the general public go on sale Friday, April 8 at www.livenation.com.
Following the group's 1985 formation, Guns N' Roses injected unbridled, unrivaled, and unstoppable attitude into the burgeoning Los Angeles rock scene. The spirit went on to captivate the entire world with the release of their 1987 debut Appetite for Destruction –the best-selling U.S. debut ever, moving 30 million copies globally. In 1991, the seven-time platinum Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II occupied the top two spots of the Billboard Top 200 upon release. Over the course of the past decade, Guns N' Roses have performed sold out shows and headlined festivals worldwide following the critically acclaimed release of 2008's RIAA platinum-certified Chinese Democracy. Six studio albums later, Guns N' Roses are one of the most important and influential acts in music history and continue to set the benchmark for live performances connecting with millions of fans across the globe.
GUNS N' ROSES NORTH AMERICAN SUMMER STADIUM TOUR
(All dates, cities and venues below subject to change)
• Thursday, June 23, 2016 - Detroit, MI - Ford Field
• Sunday, June 26, 2016 - Washington, DC - FEDEXFIELD
• Wednesday, June 29, 2016 - Kansas City, MO - Arrowhead Stadium
• Friday, July 1, 2016 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
• Wednesday, July 6, 2016 - Cincinnati, OH - Paul Brown Stadium
• Saturday, July 9, 2016 - Nashville, TN - Nissan Stadium
• Tuesday, July 12, 2016 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field
• Thursday, July 14, 2016 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
• Saturday, July 16, 2016 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
• Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - Foxboro, MA - Gillette Stadium
• Saturday, July 23, 2016 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
• Wednesday, July 27, 2016 - Atlanta, GA - Georgia Dome
• Friday, July 29, 2016 - Orlando, FL - Orlando Citrus Bowl
• Sunday, July 31, 2016 - New Orleans, LA - Mercedes-Benz Superdome
• Wednesday, August 3, 2016 - Arlington, TX - AT&T Stadium
• Friday, August 5, 2016 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium
• Tuesday, August 9, 2016 - San Francisco, CA - AT&T Park
• Friday, August 12, 2016 - Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field
• Monday, August 15, 2016 - Glendale, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
• Monday, August 22, 2016 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium
About Live Nation Entertainment
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.