NASHVILLE, Tenn. —**The Titans just wrapped up practice on Wednesday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Here's a look at what stood out …
• Receiver Tre McBride had a tremendous practice, catching balls all over the field in one-on-one and team drills.
• Cornerback Cody Riggs had an interception while working against Harry Douglas in one-on-one drills.
• Rookie receiver Tajae Sharpe continues to make plays downfield. He got open in a one-on-one drill and scored on a deep ball.
• Running back DeMarco Murray got riled up and exchanged banter with some of his defensive teammates, especially safety Rashad Johnson. Coach Mike Mularkey said it was good, clean fun.
• Receiver Rishard Matthews made a number of nice grabs in the middle of the field.
• Safety Daimion Stafford made a nice breakup on a ball intended for receiver Andre Johnson, and later linebacker Avery Williamson made a nice play.
A big man**
New Titans offensive lineman Dennis Kelly was easy to spot on the practice field. He's 6-8, 321 pounds, and his hair hangs out the back of his helmet.
Kelly said he's ready for a fresh start with the Titans.
"There seems to be a real positive vibe around here,'' Kelly said. "It's a good opportunity for me, and now it's time to get to work...I have the ability to play all four positions. There's always a challenge with learning the terminology, but I'm ready to get to it."
The Titans traded receiver Dorial Green-Beckham to the Eagles for Kelly, who is set to begin his fifth year in the league.
Kelly has played in 30 games, with 15 starts, after being selected by the Eagles in the fifth round 2012 NFL Draft. Kelly has started nine games at right tackle, three games at right guard and three games at left guard during his career.
Titans running back DeMarco Murray played with Kelly last year in Philadelphia.
"I think he's a great guy,'' Murray said of Kelly. "He's a big dude, works very hard. He's a quiet guy, but he does the things necessary. I am excited to have him on the team."
Kevin Dodd practices**
Rookie outside linebacker Kevin Dodd, activated from the Physically Unable to Perform list earlier in the day, practiced for the first time.
Dodd was placed on PUP at the start of training camp following foot surgery, and he spent the first two weeks of camp working on his own.
"It felt really good to be back on the team, and to be in pads,'' Dodd said. "It's been January since I actually put on pads in the national championship game."
Dodd wasn't involved in contact work today. Despite missing time, he plans to make an impact this fall.
"I want to get things in gear and make an impact,'' Dodd said. "They drafted me to come help, and I want to come help."
Receiver Kendall Wright (hamstring), cornerback Perrish Cox (ankle) and linebacker Aaron Wallace (ankle) and receiver Andrew Turzilli (groin, finger) did not practice on Wednesday.
Mularkey said Wallace could return to practice as early as Friday. He said Cox could return for the preseason finale at Miami.
• Kelly is wearing No. 71 with the Titans, and new receivers Jarrod West and Donte Foster were on the field Wednesday in 14 and 85, respectively.
• Wright caught passes from the JUGS machine before practice.
• The KONA Ice truck was back at the facility on Wednesday, this time compliments of Mularkey, and players flocked to it after practice. Linebacker Brian Orakpo rented the truck out on Tuesday.
Titans players take the field for Day 14 of training camp at Saint Thomas Sports Park. (Gary Glenn)