NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Titans just wrapped up practice on Monday night at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Here's a look at what stood out …
• Tight end Delanie Walker made arguably the best catch of training camp, a one-handed grab in the corner of the end zone on a ball thrown by quarterback Marcus Mariota. Cornerback Brice McCain was in good position, but Walker somehow came away with the football.
• Receiver Rishard Matthews had a nice practice. He caught several passes in the middle of the field, in traffic. Matthews also made a catch on the sideline and slid into the crowd. He got up and gave a nearby youngster a high-five.
• Running back Derrick Henry picked up where he left off on Saturday night. He busted off several nice runs, and got the crowd pumped.
• Running back Bishop Sankey worked with the 1s during a part of practice, and ripped off an impressive run.
• Receiver Tajae Sharpe was back on the practice field tonight after leaving Saturday's game with a head injury. He caught several passes on the night, including a few bullets from Mariota.
• Rookie cornerback Kalan Reed continues to make plays. He had an interception on a ball thrown by Matt Cassel.
• Safety Da'Norris Searcy also pulled in an interception, this one on a ball thrown by Alex Tanney.
• Tight end Anthony Fasano made a running catch down the middle of the field and raced into the end zone.
• Receiver Ben Roberts fought for the football and came away with it in the end zone toward the end of practice.
Titans coach Mike Mularkey revealed he handed out OSPY awards for work this offseason.
Receiver Harry Douglas, tight end Craig Stevens and defensive lineman Karl Klug were the team's three winners of the Offseason Performer of the Year award, voted on by Mularkey, the team's equipment staff and the team's strength and conditioning coaches.
"One of the things the winners got was a day off in pads,'' Mularkey said. "There's a number of things they won by being the winners. They have the best hotel rooms – the corner rooms. They get a suite on the road for one game. They have preferred parking here, and they have preferred parking at the stadium. They get a Peg Leg Porker meal for their position group and they get a nice plaque on the weight room wall with their name on it.
"It was fun. It was a competition, and it was fun to watch how they did it."
Douglas proudly stood at his locker with a silver trophy he received. He used his day off on Monday night. Douglas said work in on-field activities, practices and meetings were involved.
"I go hard, and that's all I've ever known as a player,'' Douglas said. "I want my teammates to respect me as a player and watch how I work so they trust me. … I think it's great what coach is doing. It gets guys to grind even harder. I will run through a wall for my teammates."
Stevens said he's not sure he'll take his day off, but he appreciates the extra perks.
"It's really cool,'' Stevens said. "It's a cool trophy. When I get older and my son gets older he'll look at that and be proud of me."
Receiver Kendall Wright (hamstring), cornerback Perrish Cox (ankle), linebacker Aaron Wallace (ankle), and linebacker Kevin Dodd (foot) did not practice on Monday night.
Cornerback Cody Riggs (concussion) was back on the practice field.
Mularkey said he's expecting good news on Dodd, who remains on PUP, in the near future.
Wright ran on a side field and Mularkey said there's a chance he could return for the third preseason game at Oakland. Wallace also did some running on a side field during practice.
• Controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk was in town and watched practice Monday night.
-Cornerback Blidi-Wreh Wilson has been working some at safety in recent practices, Mularkey said.
• Mularkey said he plans to let rookie cornerbacks Kevin Byard and Kalan Reed return punts on Saturday vs. the Panthers.
• Brice McCain and Jason McCourty worked with the starters at cornerback, and Antwon Blake came in for the nickel packages.
• Monday night's session was the last practice in training camp open to the general public.
Titans players take the field for Day 12 of training camp at Saint Thomas Sports Park. (Donn Jones Photography.com)