NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The Titans lead the Seahawks 9-7 at the half here at Nissan Stadium.
A look at what's stood out:
• Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota completed 16-of-26 passes for 129 yards in the first half.
• Running back DeMarco Murray, who was limited in practices during the week, started the contest for the Titans and picked up 25 yards on nine carries.
• Receiver Eric Decker made a heck of a sideline catch on third-and-15 for a 17-yard gain, and a first down late in the first quarter. Later, Decker was called for a pair of penalties on offense, including a holding penalty that negated a Mariota touchdown run.
• Kicker Ryan Succop's 24-yard field goal capped an 11-play, 61-yard drive to give the Titans a 3-0 lead.
• The Titans stretched the lead to 6-0 on another Succop field goal, this one from 37 yards. On the drive, a scrum erupted on the Tians sideline after Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman hit Mariota late and out of bounds, which resulted in several players being penalized.
• An 80-yard punt return for a touchdown by Adoree' Jackson electrified the crowd, but it was negated by a penalty on running back David Fluellen.
• The Seahawks scored on a four-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Russell Wilson to receiver Doug Baldwin to take a 7-6 lead.
• Succop made his third field goal of the game, from 47 yards, to give the Titans a 9-7 lead on the final play of the half.
• Cornerback LeShaun Sims was in great position to break up a third-down pass, and force a punt. Earlier on the same series, safety Kevin Byard made a nice play while defending Seahawks tight end Jimmy Graham.
• Punter Brett Kern launched a 66-yard punt at the end of the team's first possession, and then booted a 62-yard punt after the second possession.
• Linebacker Daren Bates delivered a big hit on punt coverage.
• Linebacker Wesley Woodyard made a nice stop on 3rd-and-1, forcing a Seattle punt.
The Tennessee Titans take on the Seattle Seahawks in Week 3 action at Nissan Stadium. (Photos: Donn Jones, AP)