Tennessee Titans RB Tyjae Spears is among the nominees for Rookie of the Week, for his Week 18 performance vs Jacksonville, on Sunday.
TYJAE SPEARS vs JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS ON SUNDAY:
- Totaled 66 scrimmage yards. He rushed for 25 yards and a touchdown on three attempts and added 41 yards and a score on three receptions.
- Registered his first career game with two total touchdowns and his first career game with both a rushing touchdown and a receiving touchdown. He was the team's first player with a rushing touchdown and receiving touchdown in the same game since Derrick Henry at the Carolina Panthers on Nov. 3, 2019.
- Took a pass from Ryan Tannehill and raced 28 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter. It was the first touchdown reception of his rookie season.
- Converted a third-and-two in the second quarter with a 22-yard run.
- Rushed for a three-yard touchdown in the second quarter. It was his second career rushing touchdown.
- Finished the season with 838 scrimmage yards, including 453 rushing yards and 385 receiving yards. His 838 scrimmage yards ranked seventh in franchise history among rookie running backs.
- His 838 scrimmage yards ranked fourth among rookie running backs in 2023 behind Atlanta's Bijan Robinson, Detroit's Jahmyr Gibbs and Miami's De'Von Achane.
- With 52 receptions in 2023, he became the franchise's first rookie running back with at least 50 receptions since Sid Blanks in 1964 (56).