|Titans running back Chris Johnson is a candidate for FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.|
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 8 a.m. CST on Tuesday through 11 a.m. CST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA – a national non-profit organization that works to prevent accidental injury among children – by making weekly $1,000 donations in the winning players' names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team's city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and street signage to traffic barriers and educational training.
For a second season, fans can tune into the "FedEx Air & Ground Lowdown" posted exclusively on NFL.com/FedEx starting Wednesday mornings. The show examines the nominees in the Air & Ground categories through exclusive video highlights and expert analysis. NFL Network's RICH EISEN and MARSHALL FAULK host the weekly five-minute show.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· New Orleans' DREW BREES completed 25 of 34 passes for 311 yards and three touchdowns with one interception in the Saints' 48 - 22 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
· Houston's MATT SCHAUB passed for 357 yards and four touchdowns, completing 25 of 39 passes in the Texans' 34 - 31 win over the AFC South rival Tennessee Titans.
· Arizona's KURT WARNER completed 24 of 26 passes (NFL-record 92.3 completion percentage) for 243 yards and two touchdowns for a 131.2 passer rating in the Cardinals' 31 - 17 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· San Francisco's FRANK GORE rushed for 207 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries in the 49ers' 23 - 10 win over the NFC West rival Seahawks.
· Miami's RONNIE BROWN rushed for 136 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries in the Dolphins' 27-23 loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Monday Night Football.
· Tennessee's CHRIS JOHNSON rushed 16 times for 197 yards including two rushing touchdowns of 91 and 57 yards in the Titans' 34 - 31 loss to the Houston Texans. Johnson finished the game with 284 yards from scrimmage which includes a 69-yard receiving touchdown.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance while delivering safe kids off the field. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements through its 10-year partnership with Safe Kids USA.