• Tuesday's practice took place under the hot sun at noon. Players were in full pads.
• The Titans brought in free agent running back Samkon Gado before practice Tuesday. Running back Stafon Johnson was waived injured to make room on the roster for Gado. Johnson will be placed on injured reserve Wednesday if he clears waivers.
• During the seven-on-seven drill, linebacker Stephen Tulloch broke up a Vince Young pass up the middle. The pass was intended for tight end Bo Scaife.
• In the team drill, Vince Young aired out a 50-yard pass to Nate Washington down the right sideline.
• Cornerback Tye Hill looked impressive today, deflecting a pass during the one-on-one drill and showing good coverage throughout practice.
• Tight end Jared Cook made an athletic, one-armed grab on a Vince Young pass down the left sideline during the team drill.
• In the last play of practice, linebacker Will Witherspoon picked off a Vince Young pass intended for Javon Ringer to end a two-minute drive.
• Wide receiver Justin Gage sat out of practice Tuesday.
• With Cortland Finnegan and Ryan Mouton out, Jason McCourty and Alterraun Verner were first-string cornerbacks.
Off the Field Q&A with Jed Collins
What's your favorite thing to do in Nashville?
"So far during training camp, my favorite thing is to go back to the hotel and sleep. The only time I've gotten to see downtown is going up and down the elevator. But it looks nice, so I'm looking forward to actually seeing the city."
What did you do during the offseason?
"I got married, had my wedding in Seattle, went to Jamaica for our honeymoon. The rest of the time, I spent time with my newlywed's family and my family back in California."
What's your favorite hobby off the field?
"It might be journaling. I really enjoy writing down my experiences the last couple years in this league and just kind of remembering the good and the bad."
What are your plans after football?
"I have an accounting degree, so I'm going into the business world, maybe as an accountant. My dream would be to do financial planning and help some of the guys in the league deal with the fortune that they get so young."
Who's your favorite musical artist?
"Right now my favorite music artist would be A.F.I. It stands for 'A Fire Inside.' I've listened to them since I was in high school, and I always get ready for games with their music."
What's your favorite holiday?
"I've never been asked that. I'd have to go Christmas because of what it represents to me and to my family. Being people of faith, it's the foundation of our religion. It's always a good time; nobody has a bad time around the holidays. Christmas is a fun day."
If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
"Just off the top of my head, it would have to be Jack Black. People tell me I remind them of him, so it'd be fun to sit down and kind of pick his brain. He's a musician, he's a comedian and he's an actor, so that's a pretty neat triple threat."
What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
"I see a lot of movies. I think it was 'Inception,' starring Leo DiCaprio. It was pretty good. I thought it could've been better, but it was a cool idea."
What's your biggest pet peeve?
"People thinking that they can outsmart me or get the best of me. My wife can attest to that. I hate when somebody thinks that they're taking advantage of me or out-thinking me. That really gets to me."
Jeff Fisher Quotes
(on his plans for Stafon Johnson)
He's been estimated to be out anywhere from eight to 12 weeks. We'll wait. You're in a situation where if you go to 12 weeks with him and you carry him on your active roster, it counts against your roster. We don't have that luxury right now. So he'll go on major IR, we'll get him healthy and get him ready for next year.
(on what he sees in Samkon Gado)
Well, he's experienced. He's carried the ball in the league before. He's stayed in shape, and he's a quick learner. We checked him out, and he's a nice young man and wanted the opportunity.
(on if he prefers to bring in experienced players, as opposed to relying on rookies)
Well, you prefer that. In a perfect world, you prefer a guy that's been in the training camp. We all pay attention around the league. People are looking for backs and signing backs. We decided to go with him because he's played before and knows what to expect.
(on whether he likes the intensity of his players during the scuffle)
I like the intensity of the practice. I like the purpose of the practice. The intention of the practice was to get out there and not stay a full three hours like you would on Sunday in September but to get out there for about two hours and deal with the heat and get used to it because that's what we're going to play in.
(on what he would say to fans who feel like he has given up on Stafon Johnson)
We have not given up on Stafon Johnson. It is the opposite of that. We are going to put him on injured reserve for the year so that we can have him next year. In order to do that during training camp, you have to release the player. He is subject to waivers. He can be claimed. It is unlikely that someone would claim a player that just had major reconstructive surgery on his ankle, so he comes back to us. Once he is cleared, he goes on injured reserve for the year.
Daily Trivia Question (answer on Wednesday, August 18)
How many current Titans own Super Bowl rings?
Answer to yesterday's trivia question:
Which current Titans' coach has been with the franchise the longest?
Steve Watterson, head strength and rehabilitation coach, joined the franchise in 1986.