TITANS TEAM NOTES
· The Titans captains for the game were punter Brett Kern, safety Kenny Vaccaro, running back Dion Lewis, guard Rodger Saffold, tight end Delanie Walker and defensive tackle Jurrell Casey.
· The players who were not in uniform included running back Derrick Henry, running back Dalyn Dawkins, running back David Fluellen, outside linebacker Josh Smith, outside linebacker Harold Landry III, offensive lineman Nate Davis and tight end Jonnu Smith. Additionally, defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons remained on the non-football injury list.
· The Titans had two interceptions against the Steelers to bring their preseason total to four interceptions, which is tied for the second-highest number in the NFL. They have had at least one interception in each game.
· After reaching double digits in penalties in the first two preseason contests (12 at Philadelphia and 10 against New England), the Titans reduced their penalties to five infractions for 40 yards against the Steelers.
WR A.J. BROWN
· Recorded a 10-yard reception in the second quarter to notch the first catch of his rookie preseason.
DT JURRELL CASEY
· Made his first appearance of the preseason, starting the game at defensive tackle.
WR COREY DAVIS
· Caught a 25-yard pass from Ryan Tannehill on the final play of the first quarter.
DB AMANI HOOKER
· Recorded the first interception of his rookie preseason, picking off a pass by Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph in the second quarter.
WR DARIUS JENNINGS
· Averaged 33.0 yards on two kickoff returns, including a 46-yard return in the second quarter.
DB MIKE JORDAN
· Recorded his first interception of the preseason in the fourth quarter. He intercepted a pass from Steelers quarterback Joshua Dobbs that was intended for tight end Zach Gentry.
· Led the team with four total tackles.
P BRETT KERN
· Averaged 68.5 yards on two punts (48.5 net), including 70-yard and 67-yard attempts in the first quarter.
RB JEREMY McNICHOLS
· Led the team with 43 yards on nine carries.
· Recorded a 23-yard run in the second quarter.
· Through three preseason games, his 4.3-yard rushing average is tied for the fourth-best mark in the NFL (23 carries for 100 yards).
WR KALIF RAYMOND
· Led the offense with five receptions and 58 receiving yards.
· Recorded a 23-yard reception on a pass from Logan Woodside in the fourth quarter and added a 21-yard catch later in the fourth quarter.
· Through three preseason games, his 12 receptions are tied for third in the NFL, and his 159 receiving yards rank fifth.
K RYAN SUCCOP
· Made a 24-yard field goal in the second quarter and added a 22-yard field goal in the fourth quarter in his first appearance of the preseason. Succop was removed from the physically unable to perform list on Aug. 19.
QB RYAN TANNEHILL
· Played in the first and second quarters and totaled six completions for 62 yards on nine attempts (86.3 passer rating).
· Completed a 25-yard pass to Corey Davis in the first quarter.
OLB CAMERON WAKE
· Made his Titans preseason debut after being held out of the first two preseason games. Wake was signed as an unrestricted free agent after spending his first 10 NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins.
S LaDARIUS WILEY
· Deflected a pass in the fourth quarter that was then intercepted by Titans defensive back Mike Jordan.
QB LOGAN WOODSIDE
· Completed a 23-yard pass to wide receiver Kalif Raymond in the fourth quarter and added a 21-yard pass to Raymond later in the stanza.
· Led the Titans with 117 passing yards, completing 11 of 15 passes. He recorded a passer rating of 95.7.
· Ranks ninth in the NFL with a 96.7 passer rating through three preseason games (qualifiers only).
The Tennessee Titans take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 3 of the Preseason Sunday night at Nissan Stadium. (Photos: Donald Page, AP)