MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. – The Titans trail the Dolphins 10-3 at halftime here at Hard Rock Stadium.
A look at what's stood out:
• Quarterback Matt Cassel started for the Titans, in place of Marcus Mariota. Cassel completed 12 of 17 passes for 54 yards in the first half. He was sacked four times.
• Tackle Taylor Lewan left the game with a knee injury in the first quarter, but returned.
• DeMarco Murray lost a fumble in the first quarter.
• Rookie Adoree Jackson made a nice tackle in the open field or no gain, and he also broke up a pass at the goalline.
• The Dolphins took a 3-0 lead on a 41-yard field goal by kicker Cody Parkey.
• Another controversial call made a big impact early. Cassel was hit as he threw the ball, and it initially looked like it would be ruled an incomplete pass. But officials instead ruled Cassel fumbled, and the Dolphins were awarded a touchdown – a 38-yard fumble recovery by safety Reshad Jones.
• Safety Kevin Byard recovered a fumble forced by Jackson early in the third quarter, and the Titans cashed it in for three points.
• A 45-yard field goal by kicker Ryan Succop made it 10-3. It was Succop's 46th consecutive field goal from inside 50 yards, and it tied an NFL record.
• Cornerback Tye Smith intercepted a Jay Cutler pass in the second quarter.
• Cutler completed just 5-of-11 passes for 21 yards in the first half.
The Tennessee Titans take on the Miami Dolphins in Week 5 action at Hard Rock Stadium. (Photos: Donn Jones, AP)